Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
kimi123
You may never know. They just say what they are taught and read from something from their computer. He saw Bathurst and said that, it could be even Suzuka or something irrelevant. But either the guy got confused and it was a mistake or he just said what he saw on his monitor :confused:

Hey now, not all of us in tech support are script readers. Some of us are capable of independent thought and actual relevant troubleshoothing, but I digress. I'm going to chalk this up to newbie trolling but if I am wrong and it is true... it is hard to confuse Spa with Bathurst. It is also entirely possible that
all of these cars and tracks are coded into the game all ready and the DLC is just an unlock code. Lots of games do that. They may indeed be able to see the master list. One never knows.

Now if the person did make mistake by giving out info on a future track. Fine and good, now I want to know how can we find out more info.

Im my opinion Bathurst is amazing. I have fond memories of racing it in TOCA Race Driver on the PS2. The elevation change and complex corners make it an extremely challenging coarse. If you like the nordschleife i can promise you will enjoy Bathurst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juayGkTKYEo

I wish the OP's information was more substantial.
PD needs to include Bathurst.
Along with the Isle of Man TT circuit

And remember, the keeper of that lap record until 2010 was a New Zealander. :sly:

Pity its only a 12 hour race though... Would be brilliant to have the 24h back...

Remember, Bathurst is on public roads. So I don't think the home owners would be too fond of it. ;)

Anyway, I thought at one point PD was at Bathurst, or I'm going mad. I have a hope for Mt Panorama to appear. I can actually imagine GT5 graphics of the track. In the Chase. PD added Spa and Lamborghini Aventador which were all wanted by users. Remember, PD does visit the forums; Bathurst is high in the wanted lists. ;)

Remember, Bathurst is on public roads. So I don't think the home owners would be too fond of it. ;)

I am rather aware of it, after all, all that stands between me and the track is a few streets and a bridge. I can hear the races at my place...

This was the farewell tribute for group C racing in Australia, then we moved to group A. So much history on this track.

Hell even the R32 GTR has a famous history at Bathurst.
Someone needs to post a link to Jim Richards famous " your all a pack of a-holes" quote lol.

MONSTAR-1
Hell even the R32 GTR has a famous history at Bathurst.
Someone needs to post a link to Jim Richards famous " your all a pack of a-holes" quote lol.

Wow that was a while ago I remember that

In terms of challenge and historical background Bathurst is right up with Silverstone, Le Mans and dare I say the Nurburgring. If I'm lucky I'll become a mechanic for my Dads boss and then I can work on his Corvette at the 12 hour.

"Citta de la Sarthe": you're mixing Italian and French...
You meant "Circuit de la Sarthe"

By the way, it's easy to get confused: bath, spa, it's almost the same thing, it's wet...

'Toca' race driver was actually released as 'V8 Supercars' Race driver in Aus, hence all the Aussie content. * The more you know *

If PD had been to the track I would imagine they would have been there prior to the GT5's original release date, when they visited all of the other tracks they put into the game. I would really like to see Bathurst on GT5, and I hope the customer service rep's slip of the tongue was indeed revealing the next DLC, however I find it more likely that he is not just their GT5 guy, but their racing games guy and got confused with the other Bathurst DLC out for that other game. This thread has been a real emotional rollercoaster. Will it? Won't it? :nervous: Argh!

'Toca' race driver was actually released as 'V8 Supercars' Race driver in Aus, hence all the Aussie content. * The more you know *

If PD had been to the track I would imagine they would have been there prior to the GT5's original release date, when they visited all of the other tracks they put into the game. I would really like to see Bathurst on GT5, and I hope the customer service rep's slip of the tongue was indeed revealing the next DLC, however I find it more likely that he is not just their GT5 guy, but their racing games guy and got confused with the other Bathurst DLC out for that other game. This thread has been a real emotional rollercoaster. Will it? Won't it? :nervous: Argh!

V8 Supercars 3 was a great game. It was certainly up with GT4 in terms of graphics and gameplay.

And remember, the keeper of that lap record until 2010 was a New Zealander. :sly:

Anyway, I thought at one point PD was at Bathurst, or I'm going mad. I have a hope for Mt Panorama to appear. I can actually imagine GT5 graphics of the track. In the Chase. PD added Spa and Lamborghini Aventador which were all wanted by users. Remember, PD does visit the forums; Bathurst is high in the wanted lists. ;)

V8 Supercars 3 was a great game. It was certainly up with GT4 in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Any proof of that? If you think because a car and track was added that PD browses these forums...I think you are mistaken. Unless you can show me.

Vaxxtx
Any proof of that? If you think because a car and track was added that PD browses these forums...I think you are mistaken. Unless you can show me.

Any dev team worth it's salt visits large unofficial fan sites for consumer insight. They may not make their presence known but it is likely part of somebodies job. It is important to know what the consumer base is discussing.

Any dev team worth it's salt visits large unofficial fan sites for consumer insight. They may not make their presence known but it is likely part of somebodies job. It is important to know what the consumer base is discussing.

Then why is the sound still bad? I mean, if we are saying they look at the forum, sounds have been a big issue since launch.

My point is, there is not much in the way that PD relates info to the consumer, and not many ways to make it seem like they listen much for fans...especially outside of Japan.

Just my oberservations.

...and not many ways to make it seem like they listen much for fans...especially outside of Japan.

Just my oberservations.

You don't think so? Think back to what your v1.0 game was like, then think about what it is like at v2.03. Make a mental note of the differences.

Now look here

I'd say that they've had a good go at implementing quite a bit of what this very site has requested.

Our schools are good, bad & ugly... the same as the rest of the world & a lot better than most countries.

Best not to cast aspersions based on one persons post.

On topic: Bathurst would be sweet but no one knows for sure do we? The OP was regaling us with an experience he had, not telling us that Bathurst was definately coming; surely that's obvious guys?

AUP infractions aside I'd like to see more tolerance and discussion and a lot less belligerent knee jerk reactions; especially when the OP has only 16 posts... Is a bit of patience too much to ask for newer members?

Usually patience is too much to ask. I am really hoping that the track does pop up just so I can enjoy the silence of these truth agents who need so desperately to shut this anecdote down.

The phrase described could certainly be an unintentional exposure of work underway,IE. a "leak." :ouch:

You don't think so? Think back to what your v1.0 game was like, then think about what it is like at v2.03. Make a mental note of the differences.

Now look here

I'd say that they've had a good go at implementing quite a bit of what this very site has requested.

On that link, the first top 6 have not been done, unless you count the Jag from standard to premium. Thats 1 out of 800ish. Keep going down the list, and I see they good with Spa. But like I said keep going down that list....

So no, I still dont think they browse this forum at all.

On that link, the first top 6 have not been done, unless you count the Jag from standard to premium. Thats 1 out of 800ish. Keep going down the list, and I see they good with Spa. But like I said keep going down that list....

So no, I still dont think they browse this forum at all.

I went down the list on the first page as you suggested...

Convert standard cars to premium - not a great response, but at least they've started with the Jaguar XJR-9
More race events - seasonals every two weeks takes care of that
More tracks with dynamic weather and/or time change - Spa ticks the weather change box, and Route X does time change
Better replay system - still needs a lot of work, but you can now forward or rewind by sector
More tracks - Spa, Kart space, Route X
Better and more realistic car sounds - I believe that there was an improvement with the 2.02 update
Better support for Fanatec and G series wheels - don't own a Fanatec so can't comment, but the G25/7 are now supported

Well, didn't a "new user" to the site put up what was in new DLC? I'll try and find something.

You asked for proof, here you go.

XXI asked, "Does Jordan or any of the brass here have inside contacts with Sony or PD?" Famine replied, "yes, yes we do." Read here. It may not be exact but there is contact between GTP and Sony, or PD. This isn't exactly proof, but it shows that some form of connection sits on each end.

:sly:

Maybe if you dig around the site you can find things like this.

GT5's Spec II was based on User requests, GTP is indefinitely the biggest Gran Turismo Community on the net, where else would they get this stuff. Have you seen how many people ask for things around here?

Last edited:
Vaxxtx
Then why is the sound still bad? I mean, if we are saying they look at the forum, sounds have been a big issue since launch.

My point is, there is not much in the way that PD relates info to the consumer, and not many ways to make it seem like they listen much for fans...especially outside of Japan.

Just my oberservations.

Sounds may be one of those things (likely is) that requires a long term project. Sound production is a big job and they may not (likely don't) have it as high on the list as many believe it should be. The effort and time required may far outway putting up with people complaining about it.

I would imagine they would need dedicated engineers with specific knowledge to record and convert sounds exactly for each car. Some effort has been put into it which appears to amount to fiddling with a sound board (could push the bass a bit imo).

Things like the recently reported online issues will take precedence over sounds. The sounds at least function.

Also, it should be noted that the guys working on dlc content such as new models and the guys fixing bugs are not likely to be the same people. The effort applied to new content has very little impact on the ability to work on bug fixes. I have a mini seizure every time I see people complain they would rather the bugs get fixed rather than implement new content.

Once the actual model is made it might take a code monkey 15 minutes to apply it and appropriate sound files to a template and set various parameters...they can then get back to fixing bugs while the qc is being run on the new content. Or the janitor applies the template...or the pet monkey...creating new "items" is simple.

This is assuming they follow the standard for this sort of thing...if they don't I'm not sure how they tie their shoes or feed themselves...wow, what a tangent...don't partake and post eh...

"Citta de la Sarthe": you're mixing Italian and French...
You meant "Circuit de la Sarthe"
QUOTE]

Yeah, I know what the track is, I just confuse names sometimes.
I've watched the actual 24Heures Du Le Mans race every year for the past 4 or 5 years on SPEED Channel, so I am familiar with the track.

Sounds may be one of those things (likely is) that requires a long term project. Sound production is a big job and they may not (likely don't) have it as high on the list as many believe it should be. The effort and time required may far outway putting up with people complaining about it.

I would imagine they would need dedicated engineers with specific knowledge to record and convert sounds exactly for each car. Some effort has been put into it which appears to amount to fiddling with a sound board (could push the bass a bit imo).

Things like the recently reported online issues will take precedence over sounds. The sounds at least function.

Also, it should be noted that the guys working on dlc content such as new models and the guys fixing bugs are not likely to be the same people. The effort applied to new content has very little impact on the ability to work on bug fixes. I have a mini seizure every time I see people complain they would rather the bugs get fixed rather than implement new content.

Once the actual model is made it might take a code monkey 15 minutes to apply it and appropriate sound files to a template and set various parameters...they can then get back to fixing bugs while the qc is being run on the new content. Or the janitor applies the template...or the pet monkey...creating new "items" is simple.

This is assuming they follow the standard for this sort of thing...if they don't I'm not sure how they tie their shoes or feed themselves...wow, what a tangent...don't partake and post eh...

Those were my thoughts roughly. PD would much rather have more content, because sound isn't so big an issue. It doesn't make the game crash or freeze. They spend time adding things like standard changeable wheels, etc. While I doubt that that Bathurst is coming soon. It might come in for GT6 or later DLC.

It is clear though, there is no current proof that Bathurst will come to the GT series, yet.

Back