GT5 BTCC series, join now!

• Thread starter JamieSTEEZ
  • 215 comments
JamieSTEEZ
so yeah, me and a bunch of friends are really into racing in 'BTCC style' cars.

So we had this idea of starting a series, not a beginners one, but where it didn't matter wether you were good or not.

so, if you are interested please reply. It'll be a good laugh and there will be some good racing. If you wish to give it ago then add my psn JamieSTEEZ, and well do some practice racing.

The car regulations are...

BMW 135i (375bhp max)
Honda Integra Type R With Race Modification (305bhp max)
Ford Focus ST (340bhp max)
Honda Civic Type R (325bhp max)
Volvo C30 (330bhp max)
Honda Civic type R 01'(i think) (330bhp max)
Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 (3450bhp max)
although if you are interested and wish to use another car, please reply and i will decide wether to add it in or not.

Now the rules!

This WILL be clean racing, as in no full speed into each other.
BUT, it will allow typical btcc driving, so heavy blocking IS allowed,
pushing someone wide who is trying to overtake around the outside of the CORNER.
and due to allowing these taps, penalties will be off, however if seen doing anything outside of this, points WILL be taken off.

by the end of the season, hopefully having covered at least 10 races, there will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

HAPPY RACING!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, I could be interested depending on day / time.

I'm in England. I've spent the last few weeks tuning cars for a similar event. I maked at 270bhp on 2.0ltr Engines, as per the BTCC Regs. According to wrongipedia.

ah thats ok then, we're all in england too.
and yes, we started out with the integra at 300, and then upped the power of the others to get similar laptimes, and weve done races and they are pretty equal

add me on psn!

I would have to venture to say is because BTCC beat the daylights out of each other when one trys to pass on the outside from the races I've seen on TV.

the new civic (saloon)
pushing someone is allowed but only in corners, and only if they are going round the outside.
taps are allowed if you are going up the inside though

and once everybody has added me, ill make a blog so you can find everything out!

Bollocks, I wanted to use my beloved Champ White EP3. Now I'll have to go purchase the FD-2. The new saloon is a fat pig compared to the old hatch.

haha, well it would be much better to use one of these cars so that theres not too many different ones on track, however if it puts in similar lap times in practice i will allow it for the first race!

What course shall I go run so I can report back my lap times to see if you will allow my beloved hatch into your series? I will be honoraoble & report back correct lap times.

I'd be interested in this too and while probably not the strongest GT5 racer I do racing ettiquite and avoiding accidents, have you room for lower powered independents im sure my Mazda Touring car would fit that catergory lol

so yeah, me and a bunch of friends are really into racing in 'BTCC style' cars.

So we had this idea of starting a series, not a beginners one, but where it didn't matter wether you were good or not.

so, if you are interested please reply. It'll be a good laugh and there will be some good racing. If you wish to give it ago then add my psn JamieSTEEZ, and well do some practice racing.

The car regulations are...

BMW 135i (375bhp max)
Honda Integra Type R With Race Modification (305bhp max)
Ford Focus ST (340bhp max)
Honda Civic Type R (325bhp max)
Volvo C30 (330bhp max)

although if you are interested and wish to use another car, please reply and i will decide wether to add it in or not.

Now the rules!

This WILL be clean racing, as in no full speed into each other.
BUT, it will allow typical btcc driving, so heavy blocking IS allowed,
pushing someone wide who is trying to overtake around the outside of the CORNER.
and due to allowing these taps, penalties will be off, however if seen doing anything outside of this, points WILL be taken off.

by the end of the season, hopefully having covered at least 10 races, there will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

HAPPY RACING!
Sounds great! I'll add you on PSN and also keep an eye on this thread for more detail

At first glance, I reckon I'll be in the Focus 👍

ALL TYRES AND TRANSMISSION/HANDLING MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED!

and er nurburg gp/f is probably the best for it:)

and about the mazda, well see in practice laptimes, and we'll do a practice race too.

and does anyone have suggestions for tracks?

so far...

season opener = nurburg gp/d

monza

suzuka

suzuka east

cote d'azur

season closer nurburg gp/d

I'm glad paul!

and you can try, but personally the focus is my least favourite!

and only integra allowed is the premium and it has to have race modification

Ok, I will report back to what my lap times are for my EP3 on Nurburg GP/F. I will also have a go with the RM Honda Integra while I'm @ it.

The Focus ST is vastly improved over the USDM Focus but it's still a FORD in my head. I know that Ford EU is different but it still has that blue oval. :crazy:

cool cool!

yeah i spose!

and yes they are both allowed, only regulation is power really

disapointingly no! only a standard which sucks...

wish they'd put btcc cars in, would have made it so much easier!

Just took my Mazda round Nurburg GP/D for 10 laps with AT transmission and no driving aids other then Driving line

Best Lap

Worst Lap

Average Lap

Car Specs
320BHP
1070KG
Racing Hard Tyres

As you can see from my times theyre not the greatest thats why I requested about independents :D

accepted!

everybody else add me and we can practice around 8?

and ill take a teggy round laguna and see what i can get:)

Back