GT5 Complete Car Database [Completed!]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 407 comments
thats because you dont have Microsoft Excel

lol, as an IT developer I never get tired of users with "useful statements" like this. Much appreciated :P

Edit: After pondering on my response above, I just want to clarify that I have absolutely no problem with people trying to help. I would however prefer that people don't post something as a matter of fact unless they are absolutely sure the information is correct and valid. :)

I'm actually only halfway to knowing what's going on, but I've got a pretty good idea of how it generates the lists.

Sweet, well looking forward to the big reveal once you've figured it out :)

Last edited:
Which account you using?

For carlists and metagaming, the first one. The second one (with all the trophies) is actually for playing :lol:

Sweet, well looking forward to the big reveal once you've figured it out :)

I've actually solved it now, but I'll need to generate a whole, fresh file (and thread) for it. Should be a laugh, though it's an absolute crapload of work...

Ahh. That's a bummer. Can you print one to .pdf then? I'd do it myself, but it seems like it should be in the first post.

Could someone who has got it too work please reupload it for me please (megaupload?)or pm me with it because I can't get this one too work whatever I do, it comes up with a error message and the file inside is only 38kb and doesn't open with anything. By the way I am using 7-zip, I have got famines files too work before when others have had trouble but this one isn't working for me.

Thanks
Luke

Could someone who has got it too work please reupload it for me please (megaupload?)or pm me with it because I can't get this one too work whatever I do, it comes up with a error message and the file inside is only 38kb and doesn't open with anything. By the way I am using 7-zip, I have got famines files too work before when others have had trouble but this one isn't working for me.

Thanks
Luke

mmm...my 🤬 computer is still saying no too

Ahh. That's a bummer. Can you print one to .pdf then? I'd do it myself, but it seems like it should be in the first post.
Or alternatively, you can just have the moon on a stick. Mmmkay?

Maybe when it's slightly nearer to finished, to save me having to spend more time converting it to varying file types than actually putting information into it.

Edit: I've added an alternate link direct to the .xls file in post one. It's linked from my site, so please only use it if the .zip is proving tricky.

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that unzip 5.52 had no problems opening the file on either of two different linux machines, and that the .xls file opens with gnumeric, kspread or openoffice (versions 2.4 and 3.0).

People if it's not working for you, you're doing something wrong.

Wow this is pretty sweet Famine, keep up the good work! Are you by any chance taking cars found by the community to add to the list, or is this strictly a solo project? I've seen some used cars that you don't have yet and could always send them to you w/pic included.

Last edited:
Essentially, I need them in my garage so I can manually check them. If people want to gift cars to me (to my Famine3h account) I can check them and gift them right back again - I've already checked one car off this way - but they have to be in an as-bought state, without oil change, engine rebuild or any modifications. Some people have reported glitches in gifting, but I've not had a problem with it to date.

Edit: Oh, and it's somewhat of a formality, given the worldwide nature, but you'll note I'm only filling in the "Game Version Availability" columns for PAL. I think these columns will be superfluous in the end, but if you let me know your game region when you gift the cars I can make a sensible decision.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows wer to get th Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) ‘02 PREMIUM? Ive got the standard R34... but rly wants the Premium...

Cheers in Advance

Nissan dealership. Almost all Premiums are in the dealerships. In fact, the list in post one tells you where to get this car quite specifically - looking would have saved you from asking...

Nice work Famine. I started messing with an Access db along the same lines. I had been putting less detail into the car stats, but including a way to track the upgrades/tuning to the ones I'd bought. I also made a table for the track list, and then a means of tracking owned cars and lap/race times to make kind of a leaderboard for my wife and I and our friends. I had a simpler one for Prologue where we ran our own 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' list. Used to make family and friends run the HSR in the Integra Type R. ;)

Just wondering if you are counting all the versions or trim lines of the same cars.
Are the collectors edition ones on the list even if everyone can't have them?
Also the same car sometimes has the Japanese name or the non domestic name for the car.
I have 140 cars now, all standard but 10 of them. I think there will be over 1200 cars by the end... including the dubs and trips of them as well.
Once I use one of those money making techniques or they add cash to online races, I will try to get them all, I like to use the slower less powered cars first anyways so I won't be missing any of them.. current car is the Honda Z act '70

I'm aware of name changes - check my GT4 all-platform car list. I'll be tracking all 1031 cars and I'll add the stealth/chromeline cars when I can.

Apologies if I'm a bit blind but is there a list of the cars won through an event? Like:

Name of the Event - Car awarded

:)

Which has several inaccuracies and lots of missing data - I've filled in more data today on my own than that site actually has. I've added 30 completed cars since I posted my list originally (though I'm not updating the file until I can put one on my site alongside it). They've barely even filled in all the names...

But whatever floats your boat.

Exactly 57% of GT5 cars data are in the database (100% if we consider non-RM&non-DLC Premium cars), as i'm speaking, which adds to older datas from GT4 in most of the still 43% left. And data level reliability is displayed in a column.

But both DB are relying on different strategy for data gathering, so it's interesting to have both, i think. :)

Essentially, I need them in my garage so I can manually check them. If people want to gift cars to me (to my Famine3h account) I can check them and gift them right back again

I hope (and think) it is an exceptionnal bug, but 2 hours ago, i tried to gift a tuned Dodge RAM to a friend, and i got an error message, then the car disapeared from my garage but never made its way to its account :-(

I had succefully gifted him another car the previous day, so i don't know. Bottom line is that the system destroyed my car somewhere in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly 57% of GT5 cars data are in the database (100% if we consider non-RM&non-DLC Premium cars), as i'm speaking, which adds to older datas from GT4 in most of the still 43% left. And data level reliability is displayed in a column.

But both DB are relying on different strategy for data gathering, so it's interesting to have both, i think. :)

More = better

I hope (and think) it is an exceptionnal bug, but 2 hours ago, i tried to gift a tuned Dodge RAM to a friend, and i got an error message, then the car disapeared from my garage but never made its way to its account :-(

I had succefully gifted him another car the previous day, so i don't know. Bottom line is that the system destroyed my car somewhere in the process.

I mentioned that too:

Famine
but be aware that some people have reported gifts going missing - I've had a 100% success rate so far, but it's not without risk.

Does anyone have a list up of all the premium cars that can be Race Modified yet?

Funny, it's the last filter i made.
Each car name that contains " RM " is a Race Mod car of the same-but-" RM " named car. I count 17 of them, and did not see any more Race "Modable" car yet (and think there aren't any). All are Premium.

Since day 1, as i make my very slow progression through the game in Career/GT Life mode, i have been recorded every single car from the Used car lot.

I now have roughly 200 car listed from the updated Used car lot.

My goal is to be able to catch the rare fish, and to predict the most probable time when it will come around again... trying to find a pattern of the update, since i am unable to buy them right from the start :(

What do you think? crazy isn't it? What a nerd am i! LOL
But this list is going to be different for each one of us, since the Standard car list is generated "randomly".

But man i am enjoying this game every single little bit, of course it is not the most perfect game, but it's damn addicting. If PD could fixe all the drawback we have been listing in this forum, it would make this game perfect.

and Despite its drawbacks, it's still the best game out there!

One of the coolest car i have seen is the Lambo Diablo NOMAD @ $721,890
and the Calibra Super Touring Car @ $1,475,878, among others
but the most expensive one i have seen is the F1 McLaren GTR @ $3,575,898

Great List Famine! 👍

Back