GT5 Complete Car Database [Completed!]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 407 comments
DJW - So far? Today. Now I've got a system running, it should only take as long as it takes to acquire cars. I may ask for returnable car donations later down the line.

Ah, I see, doesn't seem too bad then. If you need any cars I'm more than happy to lend you some temporarily (although my garage isn't all that full right now.

Sorry about the slow reply, I've been far too easily distracted by GT5 recently.

I've only saw this car once and it was at a friends house... does anyone know how to get or where to find the Red Bull sponsored Porsche (or RUF) Super GT type car? I have searched the threads here and google, but cannot find this car anywhere besides as an AI car at a friends house.

I'm not aware of there being one.

There's a Red Bull liveried Audi A4 Touring Car which, being a Standard car, will probably pop up in used cars at some point but, other than the X1, that's the only thing I can think of.

I would be willing to lend you some cars using the birthday exploit, but that would mean adding numerous psn id's from my system as friends. Interested? Also, if you get the 'upload failed' message when gifting back the car, the game doesn't autosave like it does when the upload is successful, so just quit and reload the file, and it should reload to the point before you tried to gift the car.

Last edited:
don't know if that's useful to you, i ripped the "Offical GT5 Car List" thread to a database to, sure you only have the informations you find in that thread too, but maybe you don't need to type in all car names by hand

check www.gt5cartrade.tk

greetings

btw i'm thinking about ripping mygt.com's car list as soon it's 100% ;-)

Last edited:
Cheers, but I have to enter them manually anyway as part of the used car project.

Update to post 1 - 498 cars now and I've added a PDF file of the same thing which looks rubbish, but people wanted one.

Hi Famine. Are you not providing the xls file anymore, just the OpenOffice file (and the PDF)?

I downloaded the zip, but the file within does not have a file ending (suffix), which I suppose is for OpenOffice. Will you post the xls file also, or will I have to download OpenOffice?

Thanks

It is an xls file. Files are edited in OpenOffice and saved as Excel 97/2000 .xls files. Always.

Just started tuning in GT5, an MX5 since I had it double.

I was wondering if is was interesting to add a:

Max performance
hp Mass

Like "the best tuned value" people have been able to reach. Now it is clear that I sometimes prefer a compressor (lower HP but more smooth torque curve) to a high revolution turbo (it seems I could not combine both), but it might be interesting to have something like I had for GT5p, which was max Power Points per car.

I found some in Max....Beat... threads before:

R35 GTR V-Spec, 844BHP
GT500 718hp
Nissan Fairlady 89 650bhp
AMG SLS 741HP
Veyron 1150hp

==================================

Going through the list I see U for price if only in the used car dealership. Would it be interesting to have an idea of the price like +- 900k credits for some, so you know to save up.

If that's my only typo, I'll take it :lol:

Just started tuning in GT5, an MX5 since I had it double.

I was wondering if is was interesting to add a:

Max performance
hp Mass

Like "the best tuned value" people have been able to reach. Now it is clear that I sometimes prefer a compressor (lower HP but more smooth torque curve) to a high revolution turbo (it seems I could not combine both), but it might be interesting to have something like I had for GT5p, which was max Power Points per car.

I found some in Max....Beat... threads before:

R35 GTR V-Spec, 844BHP
GT500 718hp
Nissan Fairlady 89 650bhp
AMG SLS 741HP
Veyron 1150hp

==================================

I decided not to do this for GT4, in part because oil changes and mileage made things awkward, but mainly because acquiring and tuning all 728 cars would have taken the rest of my life. Now we have oil changes, mileage and engine rebuilds and 303 more cars.

So I'll stick to the base stats again - for now - and let others worry about the tuning.

Going through the list I see U for price if only in the used car dealership. Would it be interesting to have an idea of the price like +- 900k credits for some, so you know to save up.

The problem is that it's variable - and not just instance to instance on a given game, but between varying used car lists. I'm keeping track of these on the used car database - as are others compiling lists for their own versions. I may add approximate values later if it proves valuable to have.

Day 516 The BMW GTR Race Car Appears 998,000cr

Needed that for the German Touring Car Championship 👍

Day 516 The BMW GTR Race Car Appears 998,000cr

On your list - not necessarily anyone else's. That's one of the problems of the used car cycles this time round - but we know no part of it is random.

It is an xls file. Files are edited in OpenOffice and saved as Excel 97/2000 .xls files. Always.

Hmmm, that's strange. When I unzip it (using 7Zip), I get this file with no ending: gtpgt5carlist

I then rename it to gtpgt5carlist.xls, but when I open it in Excel 2007 there's just a mess of symbols. My 7Zip is an old version I think. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try the newest or just download OpenOffice.

No sweat :)

Hmmm, that's strange. When I unzip it (using 7Zip), I get this file with no ending: gtpgt5carlist

I then rename it to gtpgt5carlist.xls, but when I open it in Excel 2007 there's just a mess of symbols. My 7Zip is an old version I think. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try the newest or just download OpenOffice.

No sweat :)

You need to double click that file first and then double click the .xls file

You need to double click that file first and then double click the .xls file

If I doubleclick a file without a file type (suffix) in Windows, it will just ask me which program I want to use to open the file, so that won't work. And yes, I tried. :)

Hmmm :odd:

I'm using 7-zip. I click on the link, click "open" in the dialogue box then double click on the file "gtpgt5carlist[1]" within 7-zip then double click on the file "gtpgt5carlist.xls" still within 7-zip and the spreadsheet opens.

On your list - not necessarily anyone else's. That's one of the problems of the used car cycles this time round - but we know no part of it is random.

Jeez the Formula Gran Turismo is gonna be a pain to get then :lol:

Your doing Great Work here mate 👍

I even managed to Open the Download File for the Car List :D

I'm not aware of there being one.

There's a Red Bull liveried Audi A4 Touring Car which, being a Standard car, will probably pop up in used cars at some point but, other than the X1, that's the only thing I can think of.

This A4 must've been the car I somehow mistook for a Porsche in a race. Thanks for your help.

Hey great work famine!! Was wondering if there was a way that when your done with the list you'd have figured out the used lot, and be able to tell which cars are more rare than the others and create another column maybe? Dunno how your process works or if this even feasible, but that could be very useful to the collectors.

Edit: Ive read your other thread shortly after I posted this. If I understand this right, there are no rare cars it's just a matter of which days and where youre at in the rotation.

Last edited:
some cars not on the list:

(not exact names as on the game but you get what im saying)

Holden Commodore SS ('04 i think)
Pagani Zonda C12S
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
TVR Speed 12
Tommy Kaira ZZII
Nissan GTR R33 400R

some cars not on the list:

(not exact names as on the game but you get what im saying)

Holden Commodore SS ('04 i think)
Pagani Zonda C12S
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
TVR Speed 12
Tommy Kaira ZZII
Nissan GTR R33 400R

Do you know the database is work in progress at the moment?

Last edited:
Back