GT5 Complete Car Database [Completed!]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 407 comments
Where's the quirky cars from GT4? Like the Auto Union streamliner, the Model T and the Benz Motorwagens. Are they no more?

You'd be after the master car list in the main GT5 forum.

This - though not having an extension would suggest it hasn't unzipped properly, since it's tagged as an .xls file on unzipping.

You know, I'm still having this problem. I downloaded the zip several times today. Extracted using newest version (9.20) of 7zip. But when I extract the file it doesn't have an extension. Trying to add ".xls" does no good either. I'm on Windows 7 32-bit and I have both Excel 2003 and 2007 installed.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Just FYI: The first zip you uploaded I had no problems with. But after that the problems started.

Sorry to be a pain in the a$$. :)

I'd suggest either a different browser (the issue might be in downloading) or selecting whatever the unzipping software's version of "Extract As" is. Other than that, not a clue.

I'll be adding another file today, with some luck, and I'll update the linked file at the same time.

Looks like I'm not the only one compiling a database of my own! Tried it in GT4 but gave up since I started it too late into the game. I'm doing a similar thing with GT5 and taking photos of each car. 💡

Hey Famine, would it be a a pain to add a field for the type of transmission the car has, i.e. Manual, Paddle, Sequential Manual, etc.? That way we can drive each car the way it was meant to be driven. Also it will be great to have the option to sort by that criteria as well. I wish the game would actually add this bit of info in the car specs. If not, no sweat and I appreciate the effort.

Last edited:
I'd like to make sure you're aware the '04 Chrysler Crossfire is listed as Japanese in your file.
I hope to be using your list a lot in the coming weeks and months, so I'll try to point out any mistakes I see, and perhaps even help out. :)

Thanks for compiling this though. Sortable lists are always the first things I look to for Gran Turismo data. I really appreciate the effort!

Edit: Would it be correct to assume that all Premium cars are listed? Or are there some Premiums that can only be won, that you haven't acquired yet? If so, how many do you think aren't listed?

Last edited:
Hey Famine, would it be a a pain to add a field for the type of transmission the car has, i.e. Manual, Paddle, Sequential Manual, etc.?

Yes. Very much so :lol:

I'm noting the data provided by the game, even where it's wrong (*cough* Spyker, still) and that's not provided. I'll try to add gear number and ideal tuning type again - I did for GT2 and GT3 but missed doing it for GT4.

I'd like to make sure you're aware the '04 Chrysler Crossfire is listed as Japanese in your file.

Yes, this was a transcription error caused by dumbosity. I thought I'd got them all, but if I only missed out a piece of crap like the ChryslerMercedes SLKrossfire, then I'll not be totally heartbroken...

:D

Edit: Would it be correct to assume that all Premium cars are listed? Or are there some Premiums that can only be won, that you haven't acquired yet? If so, how many do you think aren't listed?

I've not made much progress in the game itself yet, so this is largely just buyable cars. There'll be Premiums I've not won yet - I did more yesterday that I haven't added yet, due to one thing or the other.

There wasn't for GT3 either, no. That's why the car was, despite being fully modelled, removed from the game. And removed from the disc altogether if you had a later version.

And it was Kazunori's own car, as seen in the Attack Gran Turismo DVD accompanying the game.

Edit: Post 1 update to 695 cars.

Last edited:
The computer says 'no' :grumpy:

this reminded me of the funnyest show that was on TV, Little Britain
this is the lady that allways says "Computer says NO!"
comp%20says%20no.jpg

nice list, very useful

Can you sort the columns, I really need a power/weight ratio list in order! Keep up the great work.

Yes, you can. You can do anything you want to the file, except pretend it's yours.

@ Famine

Can you tell me what happened to the DBR9? Was really looking forward to driving that race car on the 24hr races!

As was I.

I received a list of seven roadgoing Astons to be included in GT5 - or at least the seven roadgoing Astons requested - and the DBR9. The list was cut to five licensed cars in the summer: 2003 DB9, 2006 DB9 Sports Pack, DB7 Vantage, 1999 V8 Vantage and Vanquish V12.

Maybe PD are holding it back for GT6. I was looking forward to the DBR9 - but, as I said at the time, PD modelled a CLK-GTR for GT2 and it didn't make the cut, and they modelled a Ruf Turbo R and gave the owner a certificate with the model on it for GT3 and that didn't get in the game either.

I last updated it 2 days ago. I plan to update it again tonight.

Once you have downloaded the file, you can sort it however you wish.

Highlight the cells, Data, Sort and pick your poison.

Edit: Update to 784 cars. PDF updated too and I'm just going to FTP the offsite version now.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you VERY much for your work, very much appreciated.

Are all the Ferrari's with the same BHP and weight or are they just not updated ?

Oh.

I'm not sure what's happened there. I haven't edited the Ferraris since day 1, largely because I've not had any need to :lol:

Will the final version be similar to the GT4 sortable car list hosted on this site, i.e. with a built in ascending/descending arrow? I'm failing to sort my columns.

No, the final version will be the same as it is now, but with 250 more cars*.

Highlight all the cells with data in - A3:V786 currently - then go to the menu bar, click Data, click Sort and pick which column(s) you want to sort by and how. The data comes sorted by A (ascending), F (descending) and B (ascending) in that order [Make, Road/Concept/Race/Tuner, Model], but you can sort it however you wish.

*Plus anything they add over the years

Thanks for putting the spreadsheet together. I added "OWNED" to column A so that I can sort/filter results to show me the cars I own. If I type in "yes" in the cell of the "OWNED" column, I have set up conditional formatting to highlight the entire row of the owned car. This allows me to easily identify the cars I own as I browse the list. I'll add it to my google docs account for your viewing pleasure. This list has not been updated with the latest information (3 days old).

Car List File

Last edited:
Back