GT5 Complete Car Database [Completed!]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 407 comments
Hey Famine, thanks a lot for this!
I have cleaned the format and made it print better to obtain a more useful and readable pdf.
Take a look to see if you want to continue from this design!

Thanks!

Attachments

• gtpgt5carlist.zip
    82.2 KB · Views: 56
  • gtpgt5carlist.pdf
    84.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
No - but there's not very many of them. I shall look to add this information at a later date.

If you put a text filter in the model column as "contains * RM", you obtain the upgradable cars with Race Modification (they have RM in their model name).
But for the meanwhile, they are not yet in the current version of the datasheet.

Cheers

We've had that list of very basic information since the end of October. It's even on our news page.

Great list thanks very much for your efforts. Just a note that the Caterham Fireblade seems to be missing from this list and also from the Used Car list that is being compiled too.

Last edited:
That's because we haven't got one yet. That's why it's [In Progress] in the title. There's only seven hundred-and-odd cars in the database presently, so it's not much work to find missing one - 30% of the list is missing.

Is there anywhere with pictures for these cars? Titles alone don't do a lot for me. I don't know a lot of these cars.

It would be a lot of work to either find all pics on the net or take screenshots of them from the game.

Besides, I'm not even sure if you can sort the list if there are pictures attached. I mean, you can sort the list, but I don't think the pics would be sorted as well. They would probably stay attached to the cell/row where you put them the first time. You would probably have to make a database in Access or VB to be able to do this.

Excel wizards, correct me if I'm wrong. I would really like to have pics as well.

It would be a lot of work to either find all pics on the net or take screenshots of them from the game.

Besides, I'm not even sure if you can sort the list if there are pictures attached. I mean, you can sort the list, but I don't think the pics would be sorted as well. They would probably stay attached to the cell/row where you put them the first time. You would probably have to make a database in Access or VB to be able to do this.

Excel wizards, correct me if I'm wrong. I would really like to have pics as well.

Excel isn't a database and Access isn't seen as a proper database. It'll be quite easy to make it work in a proper database, but you do need a website to host it.

Pressing triangle many times gives you these missing specs, if you haven't already found that out.

Could you elaborate on this please?

Is there anywhere with pictures for these cars? Titles alone don't do a lot for me. I don't know a lot of these cars.

Apart from "the game", no. The names of the cars are exactly reproduced (with one exception) from the names of the cars in the game and since the name is always associated with that car the game will help you.

This is just a list of stats, so that when you go to buy a car you know what it's going to cost, how to get it and what it'll do. I have no plans to make it anything more complex, because it's already hurting my brain as it is.

Do we have a rought estimate of how many cars there are in the used car dealer?

One guy claimed he cycled through 400 days to find the Formula GT before he found it, that alone indicates atleast 2400 cars ... a horrid number and if even close to accurate a time consuming task to find whatever car you are looking for ...

I doubt that guy was correct though ...

One guy claimed he cycled through 400 days to find the Formula GT before he found it, that alone indicates atleast 2400 cars ... a horrid number and if even close to accurate a time consuming task to find whatever car you are looking for ...

I doubt that guy was correct though ...

Some cars appear more than just once.. Infact even two days in a row in some cases. But is IS a cycle. If you miss a certain car in the UCL, that exact same car will appear again later.

No. We haven't found an end to the cycle yet (there's a whole thread already for this) and 2,400 cars would be about 20% of the way to the lowest current estimate.

Easy assumption to make, especially with all the "repeat" cars, but they genuinely are different cars. I promise :D

Edit: Update to 958 cars now.

Last edited:
I've found, while comparing my car list to the official one, I have three RX-7s PD don't acknowledge the existence of. Which is bothersome.

So the pd car list isn't a complete one. Hmm interesting.

Well, apart from those, a Skyline with a different name and the Stealth/Chromelines, it seems to be.

Which leaves a couple of possibilities - the primary one being "user error". I'll see what I can crosscheck.

I've got a question. I've raced against some cars that I have yet to see in the used or new dealer lot, nor do i see them on the list compiled here. For example, I have raced against a Lotus Esprit gen. 2 like in the James Bond movie (not the white one, the burgundy one). Are there cars in the game that are not available for purchase?

I've got a question. I've raced against some cars that I have yet to see in the used or new dealer lot, nor do i see them on the list compiled here. For example, I have raced against a Lotus Esprit gen. 2 like in the James Bond movie (not the white one, the burgundy one). Are there cars in the game that are not available for purchase?

You can race against cars that have not appeared at the Used car dealership, they do not "unlock". This list (database) is work in progress. Giving the complete correct name of the car helps a lot. To my knowledge just some prize car are not available for purchase.

You can race against cars that have not appeared at the Used car dealership, they do not "unlock". This list (database) is work in progress. Giving the complete correct name of the car helps a lot. To my knowledge just some prize car are not available for purchase.

I wasn't criticizing the list by any means. I should have paid more attention to the car details, but unfortunately I just assumed i would see it in the used car lot. What do you mean by "they do not unlock"? Does that mean that they won't ever be available?

On a similar note, and I may have simply missed this, but the infield at Indy is used in one of the license tests, but I haven't seen this in A or B spec.

Thanks in advance.

Back