GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
- For the next GT which will not be GT5. it would be just a version of GT4 in HD. “all GT4 will be downloadable in HD, but it will be necessary to download the circuits and the cars likely to interest you”. In fact, it's not clear, I wonder even if the journalist understood what Polyphony will do exactly with GT4 HD/GTHD Classic/Premium. GT4 HD would be the GTHD Classic about Polyphony had spoken 6 months ago. There will be in a sort of “GTHD Premium” too, which would be a GT 5 prologue with 2 circuits and about thirty cars, and the real GT5 graphics.

What?!?! I thought for a second this was an article from last year but now I'm not so sure, it is from last month. Please read this article and see if you are as confused as I am.

the link

Unomoto,

That is article from the French mag Joypad, which was translated twice on this thread on pages 5-7.

And yes, I am just as confused about the GTHD references.

I noticed the R8 was maxing out at 165mph on the Muslanne... and later in the video it looked like it was hitting the rev limiter at under 150 mph??? That can't be right could it? Maybe they had fooled around with the gear ratios?

Digital-Nitrate
I noticed the R8 was maxing out at 165mph on the Muslanne... and later in the video it looked like it was hitting the rev limiter at under 150 mph??? That can't be right could it? Maybe they had fooled around with the gear ratios?
Huh?, that was during the same lap, how could he have changed it? Are we talking about the same video? He shifted into 6th at the same speed both times..

Hello, so today I was searching like every day to dig up some news on Gran turismo. Well I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted but here http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/d828.html It's in Japanese if someone could translate this page. I see pictures of new BMW Z4 Mcoupe also Porsche and Viper which have Gran Turismo banner on the windshield. Hopefully this is something new to u guys ;)

Edit: Thank You Vanishing Boy. I also just finished translating it from babelfish, and I'm sorry I should've done that in the first place. I guess I got a little bit excited I thought I finally will bring some kind of news to GTPlanet so I just hurried up and posted it. Even Though it says I'm a new member I am really not. For some reason in the past my pc had a problem so I couldn't post any news or anything about GT4 which I know I had so I gave up and never tried to post it till couple weeks ago, this is my second post :).

I personally haven't seen this of F430 Interior but here it is:
112755152546787a8a83d4a.jpg

Do you think it's fake?

and here is the link to the source: http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/13160/Gran_Turismo_5_To_Include_In-Car_View.html

Touring Mars how do u figure it's not made by PD? It certainly isn't real picture. If you are right than it's sad I delivered fake new picture :( and it looked so sweet :(.

EDIT: Touring Mars you are very right I went google and saw what you said in Motortrend in 2006 there was a pic posted. So this is Unfortunately not GT5 picture, sorry guys :( I knew it was too good to be true. Ok well back to work to look for some news in japanese websites.

I don't know for sure that it's not a Polyphony Digital picture, but if it is a screeny of a car interior from GT5, it seems like a hell of an obscure place to have such a massive scoop. I also did an image search on Google of the keywords 'Ferrari interior' and found the exact same picture from a website dated 18th October, 2006 (see the link in my last post), and it makes no mention of GT5 at all... in other words, it's not from PD. If it is, I will gladly find a hat shop, order their largest and most awkwardly shaped hat, ask for some salt and pepper and some cutlery, and eat the headgear right there in the shop. :sly:

They don't make it clear on that website (GWN), however, that the pic they show is not from the game - although by using the pic, they clearly imply (incorrectly) that it is...

However, from what we have seen from rare glimpses of GT5, I think we can expect something not a million miles away from that, and that will be a sight to behold.

***MORE BAD NEWS***

Gran Turismo 5 Pushed to Late 2008?

Looks like fans may have to wait quite a bit longet to get there Gran Turismo 5 on. According to the director, Kaunori Yamauchi, the game’s release could be pushed back until late next year. He says they are trying for a spring 2008 release, but also said that Sony is willing to give his team until the end of the year to get it perfect. Just how perfect is he talking about? Well, to put it in perspective, that cars in Gran Turismo 1 took one man a single day to create. The cars in GT5? 180 days. That should be quite the graphical upgrade.

One thing they’re not working on though is adding crash damage, as that’s been taken out of the plan yet again. Some crash models may become available through download after the game’s release however. We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Source: http://news.filefront.com/gran-turismo-5-pushed-to-late-2008/

EDIT: So I see this is old news because this is being discussed in "Car and Driver" topic. Unfortunately some people post news all over topics. Sorry for old news. No damage???...........ohhh well.... unfortunate, but I can live with that but now it's late 2008? Man they are playing with our patience.

Double EDIT: I apologize for my message up there. This is a lesson to me all I did was rant up here with myself and waste everyones time by reading this, sorry. Reason these news were discussed in "Car and Driver' because he had an interview with "Car and Driver" Go easy on me :|

Wow...are we really talking about 4 years between games now? Thats just crazy. How can they make any money doing that?

Back