GT5 Master Car List

Someone else knows that the R56 was introduced in 2006. The North American market calls it a 2007 model year, but the hatchback R56 Cooper and Cooper S were in people's homes and garages in 2006. If GT5 is defining the 2006 MINI by the year it was sold, it'll be an R56 and neatly explain away why the earlier model is Standard and the later one is Premium.

Many thanks to Fido for his efforts over the last month or so. The worst is yet to come :D

Thanks Famine for making me feel better :D

I added everything I could, up to this very post.

@Slip : I couldn't find a pic for the BMW M3 '04 so If you can find the video again...

And I have a question for all of you guys :
2rnan7n.jpg

What is the car to the right of the highlighted Lancia ? It looks like the Saleen Mustang SR Widebody from GT2 but I checked and that's not it.

What is that white F1-ish car? It's all the way to the right three from the bottom. Is PD keeping their Formula GT car?

That would be very, very interesting if so. Seeing that F1 cars have generally gotten slower over the past decade I would not be surprised if that was faster and better to drive than either of the Ferraris.

Someone else knows that the R56 was introduced in 2006. The North American market calls it a 2007 model year, but the hatchback R56 Cooper and Cooper S were in people's homes and garages in 2006. If GT5 is defining the 2006 MINI by the year it was sold, it'll be an R56 and neatly explain away why the earlier model is Standard and the later one is Premium.

Many thanks to Fido for his efforts over the last month or so. The worst is yet to come :D

The R56 was introduced in November 2006 as a 2007 model in hardtop tirm. It is still classified as a 2007 model by MINI as far as I know. The drop tops were on the old platform though.

And the MINI Cooper S in Prologue was an R53 06, which would more then likely make it a premium car. I doubt they'd redesign it for the game when there was so much else to do.

The R56 was introduced in November 2006 as a 2007 model in hardtop tirm.

Which is the same thing I just said. It is a 2007 model, but was in people's homes in 2006.

It is still classified as a 2007 model by MINI as far as I know.

Which is the same thing I just said. The North American market - of which you are a part - calls it a 2007 model because it was made for the 2007 model year (there's a peculiar thing where any car introduced on or after January 2nd can be dubbed as the following model year). The European market, however, calls it a 2006 model because it came out in 2006. There's little reason for you to be aware of this, since it's completely irrelevant to you (I'm only aware of the North American model year thing because I'm a mental). So yes, MINI may well call it a 2007 model. In North America.

And the MINI Cooper S in Prologue was an R53 06, which would more then likely make it a premium car.

Probably the case - I haven't played Prologue in 18 months.

I doubt they'd redesign it for the game when there was so much else to do.

You've been on GTPlanet for how long now? In all that time, have PD ever done anything sensible or logical (or anything anyone would expect of them)?

I wouldn't put it past them to have spent 8 months redesigning the GT logo by altering the curve of the "G" a few thousandths of a radian...

@Slip : I couldn't find a pic for the BMW M3 '04 so If you can find the video again...

2rnan7n.jpg

What is the car to the right of the highlighted Lancia ? It looks like the Saleen Mustang SR Widebody from GT2 but I checked and that's not it.

Could it be lancia 037 group B?? EDIT: no sponsor don't match...
lancia037acropolis19835to4wf.jpg

Last edited:

2rnan7n.jpg

I see the Polyphony Digital Formula GT, Toyota GT-ONE, and the Toyota RSC Rally car (bottom right). As for the car highlighted, I'm not sure.

Edit: Lancia HF Intergrate Rally Car? (i'm not sure of it's spelling)

Last edited:
Could it be lancia 037 group B??
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/modmo23/lancia037acropolis19835to4wf.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
No, its the Lancia Delta Rally Car. I believe its still from the infamous Group B, though.

2rnan7n.jpg

What is the silver coloured car, bottom row, second from the right?

What's the white car to the left of the Gallardo on that poster? Looks like a Murcielago or even a Diablo, although it seems to have a number on its side.

I see the Polyphony Digital Formula GT, Toyota GT-ONE, and the Toyota RSC Rally car (bottom right). As for the car highlighted, I'm not sure.

The car highlighted is the Lancia Delta Rally Car that has been in the GT Series since at least GT3. Next to it is a Lexus. Next to the Rally Raid Car, why is there an Opel? Is that going to be a Vauxhall variant of the DTM car because I thought Vauxhall wasn't eligible to be in that series. I see the Toyota 7, the Chaparral and the Gillet (which I hope has more non-wonky steering). Is the Escudo officially kaput from the GT series? I was hoping for its Cutlass brother.

@ Guffaluff, that is the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car.

@ Conquerer, that is the Jaguar XJ220 Race Car.

Last edited:
The car highlighted is the Lancia Delta Rally Car that has been in the GT Series since at least GT3. Next to it is a Lexus. Next to the Rally Raid Car, why is there an Opel? Is that going to be a Vauxhall variant of the DTM car because I thought Vauxhall wasn't eligible to be in that series. I see the Toyota 7, the Chaparral and the Gillet (which I hope has more non-wonky steering). Is the Escudo officially kaput from the GT series? I was hoping for its Cutlass brother.
Most, if not all, of those cars in the photo have been identified.

Maybe we can get more cars identified of the videos of the 'Leaked GT5'.

Edit: Fido, you have missed the Nissan 370Z. Sources are the Top Gear Runway photo (right at the back, blue), and the GT PSP hidden GT5 trailer. To see it, wait until the end of the ending credits in GT PSP, there is a video of it in Youtube. ;)

Edit 2: The image of the 350Z is actually a 370Z. The 370 has jagged headlights, unlike the older generation.

Last edited:

2rnan7n.jpg

If I didn't know better, I would say the yellow car to the left of the silver Saleen S7 is a PORSCHE.
I don't know any Ruf that is based on a Porsche that old.

Can somebody give me an explination?

Back