GT5 Online EVENT RACE: 24th Oct 2013 - 550 PP Lamborghini Exclusive.

Canada
Canada
photonrider

Unloose the Bulls!

Details:

1. MONZA CIRCUIT. 5 Laps.

2. TOKYO ROUTE 246. 5 Laps.

3. MADRID CITY COURSE, REVERSE. 5 Laps.

4. SPA FRANCORCHAMPS. 4 Laps.

5. TOSCANA (TARMAC) 104A. 6 Laps.

Prize Car? Win one and be surprised - you might still be in time for TT#73. ;)

Other gear to be won, too, but you have to get a podium spot for that.

Last edited:
Those Miura rabbits out the front are charging! Seems like it is the seasonal king pin at the moment!

Tried my own 512 PP Miura just now and got soundly thrashed by the big brothers up front. The two bloody gangsters driving Countaches at the rear kept ganging up on me and throwing me into the wall. Finally decided to just run the laps since I want to run my Miura's PP down further.
Took a brand new '09 LP640 back to the track; the guys in the Countaches wouldn't leave me alone - we fought tooth and nail for the first couple of laps before they threw me into the sand traps.
Tried again and they did the same thing to me. Restarted, kept the hell away from them - and the penalty points, caught up to the main bunch and lost it by being in too much of a hurry again.
Taking a break now before I go get thrashed again. Miura's? I don't even see their asses; I watched a replay though - good to see those two bulls locking horns in front.

But . . . we shall tame them. Didn't someone recently push a 550 PP Gallardo, down this very same track at optimum speeds? :D

*puts helmet on.

Well, back to Monza . . .

Third try in the LP640, and a close sixth behind another LP640. Ahead of us - the 2 Miuras followed by the two Gallardos. Never driven the LP640 before - a few points lower in PP, but an addictive car for this course. I'm sure those better-than-average drivers out there would pull it off in this car, and show Mr. Miura who really is the Boss Bull.

Best Lap by the lead AI Miura: 1:46.652.

As for me, next stop: Gallardo.

Wow...this seasonal was quite the challenge...I finally did it using that "reccomended" 550pp Gallardo tune, but even then, catching those Miuras was a bit of a pain, especially at Tokyo & Toscana- at the latter, I actually only won because the lead Miura messed up and I beat him in a drag race by 0.005 seconds!

Well, I have a $15,000,000 Miura myself now...and I got a Ticket 1000 as well for some reason. Nice...and it is a...200SX '96...fudge.

This event would be fun. If they didn't let the first cars start half a minute before you..

Winning at 520 pp will roughly double the reward. Is that a joke?
Whoever wins at Tokyo with a 520 pp car will get a cookie.

Alright, I'll give it one more go. Bought a white Aventador and fitted some mean looking carbon aero parts.
The Empire Strikes Back!

Last edited:
So, all the AI cars except the LP400 are over the PP limit?

Are they using some kind of hack or what?

:lol:

just bought a gallardo for this, threw some drivetrain and suspension upgrades in, sport soft tires, aero parts. just came in at 549pp. lets see how this turns out. may go to a praiano tune if worst comes to worst.

I've managed to win Monza in a Miura with only 530pp so far.

No chance of a win at Tokyo tho, will try Madrid, Spa & Toscana shortly.

If I cannot beat them with the Miura after a few runs then onto the Gallardo it shall be.

550 PP is a dreaded figure, especially when it comes to the Lamborginis.

It'll be fun racing on the Monza & Toscana circuits!

Any one with great setups for a Lamborgini?

Any one with great setups for a Lamborgini?

im no master when it comesto set ups, but im using:

gallardo lp560-4
sport sof tyres
twin clutch
racing flywheel
variable diff
lsd
fully customisable suspension

front rear
-15 -15
12.0 12.0
6 6
6 6
4 4

2.2 1.8
0.00 0.20

Any one with great setups for a Lamborgini?[/QUOTE]

Look at my earlier post. (#5)

im no master when it comesto set ups, but im using:

gallardo lp560-4
sport sof tyres
twin clutch
racing flywheel
variable diff
lsd
fully customisable suspension

front rear
-15 -15
12.0 12.0
6 6
6 6
4 4

2.2 1.8
0.00 0.20

Even a tiny bit of help or suggestion is appreciated, so thanks for the setup.

Any one with great setups for a Lamborgini?[/QUOTE]

Look at my earlier post. (#5)

Will surely look into the post Cargoratt!

Any way, as per your experience & expertise, which is the best Lamborgini as per handling?

I've managed to win Monza in a Miura with only 530pp so far.

No chance of a win at Tokyo tho, will try Madrid, Spa & Toscana shortly.

If I cannot beat them with the Miura after a few runs then onto the Gallardo it shall be.

Decided to try the Miura I have on loan for the 1st race, Monza, pushed the power up as far as it would go, 392hp, 526PP, 980 kg and won by 15 seconds, took the lead just after lap 3.
$1,315,328 ..xp 127948, BL 1:48.7. Obviously could go much lower in this one.

Anyway will try the others.

edit....No chance at Tokyo in the above Miura, did it twice and 6th both time, about 18 sec's off the pace. Maybe Monza was a sweetener, in any event it looks like it will be the Gallardo for the others later on.
Might keep going with the Miura in the TT for a bit longer yet though.

Last edited:
Good seasonal, won all with Gallardo at 530pp, Tokyo most difficult Tarmac most fun....Muira prize

Wow...this seasonal was quite the challenge...I finally did it using that "reccomended" 550pp Gallardo tune, but even then, catching those Miuras was a bit of a pain, especially at Tokyo & Toscana- at the latter, I actually only won because the lead Miura messed up and I beat him in a drag race by 0.005 seconds!

Well, I have a $15,000,000 Miura myself now...and I got a Ticket 1000 as well for some reason. Nice...and it is a...200SX '96...fudge.

Well, at least you got the Miura, and not a Muira, which is a whole different steer! :sly: And 'Welcome!' to GTPlanet, McSalsa; that was a hell of a first post.

..........XsnipX......Bought a white Aventador and fitted some mean looking carbon aero parts.
The Empire Strikes Back!

:lol: May you defeat the Force.

Decided to try the Miura I have on loan for the 1st race, Monza, pushed the power up as far as it would go, 392hp, 526PP, 980 kg and won by 15 seconds, took the lead just after lap 3.
$1,315,328 ..xp 127948, BL 1:48.7. Obviously could go much lower in this one.

Follows the classic 'car game' formula. Almost like a licence test - you have to pass the train at the right spots . . . and if you manage to pass the leader in the third lap of a 5-lapper, then the train falls back into formation - unless pushed by some one from behind again. You have to pass cars #11, #10 and #9 at the first chicane - touch them and you'll be penalized - either immediately or later on. Get the rest of the bunch quick after that, and catch up to #3 and #2 - who will do their best to block you - take them and the leader is in your sights - time-trialing away blithefully, till you pass. As soon as you put some distance between the leader and yourself, the field falls back and gives you an ample gap to tackle the rest of the laps on those now tired tyres.

.No chance at Tokyo in the above Miura, did it twice and 6th both time, about 18 sec's off the pace. Maybe Monza was a sweetener, in any event it looks like it will be the Gallardo for the others later on.
Might keep going with the Miura in the TT for a bit longer yet though.

The Miura is an absolute pleasure to drive . . . what an awesome gearbox. This thing never seems to lose torque - driving it manual of course is where the real action is; using the gears to control the car puts one right at the heart of the engine's (and suspension's) potential.

I just bought myself a new one for this event - so lots to play about with.

The Gallardo, handled right, is a sure bet for the confident driver - but sometimes when the odds are stacked against you is when it can be more fun. Even nerve-wracking. Must try them all with the Miura before giving up the ghost.

Alright, I'll give it one more go. Bought a white Aventador and fitted some mean looking carbon aero parts.
The Empire Strikes Back!

The Aventador combined with the dark side of the skid recovery force secured the win at Tokyo 👍

I take to these events like they are always some sort of puzzle. Come on, the AI has got something like 558PP and 14-16 seconds head start and you need to tune your vehicle to the needs of the track so that you can pass all the clumsy AI riders and in just 5 laps. Because I know for sure I can't beat the AI vis-a-vis with your bare bones +2engine tune +1weight reduce +all the rest bells/whistles to get~550P Lambo.

Do you guys have a silver bullet setup for a track type which suits all cars, I mean does a certain type of tune setup fit all tracks with long straights and certain type of tuning about any city track with lots of tight corners?

And I know I probably could find this info just browsing the forums but it would be helpful to know if there are some patterns you could use.

I tried to use this tune but it came out to be 555pp. Anybody else know of any tunes?

Why not lower the engine power or add a bit of ballast, it's only 5 PP?
The trick, if there is one, in these is to run a perfect race on the most troublesome track. This time it's Tokyo, last time was Nurburgring. I'm guessing that times of 1:45 or 1:46 might win but that may be too high. I've managed one 1:47 but I've only managed 6th (Tokyo). The Miura seems a bit light, to me anyway. I'll try a few of the others but not on Tokyo till the end. Fruitycakes tune, mentioned previously, is darn good.

Video is late today, but here nonetheless. Hope some of you guys can find it useful.

Fruitcake's tune was essential to golding the 'Ring in the previous incarnation of this event, and likewise here. Toscana wasn't too difficult once I'd worked out the lines, but Tokyo required a doubling of the LSD values from his tune, and doing this event with a cherry new car so as to take advantage of the "restart race trick" prior to crossing the finish line on each go at the final lap so as to starting increasing my own PP value. I managed to get the gold on the second restart passing the lead Miura at the final hairpin. All laps were in the 1.45/1.46 range other than the first lap which was a 1.47.

A nice challenge, still yet to complete the other tracks. Easiest win so far was by 4 secs at Madrid.

Back