• Thread starter Jake
  • 129 comments

Jake

Premium
Vietnam
Fairfield, CT
GTP_Jake / XRef
Here's my tune sheet. 👍

1. Download the PDF attachment GT5 Tune Sheet v6.1 FIELDS at the bottom of this post. Please note that there is a landscape version as well.

2. Download the free PDF-XChange-Viewer. The files can be saved, edited, and printed for later use. (Acrobat Reader does not allow saving of the forms)

In addition, VelociRaptor has made an excel version for those of you who prefer that format, which I have attached here as well.

GT5-Car-Settings12.jpg

Attachments

• GT5 Car Settings v6.pdf
    312.4 KB · Views: 5,461
  • GT5 Tuning Sheet EXCEL v1.2.rar
    31.1 KB · Views: 3,207
  • GT5 Tune Sheet v6.1 FIELDS.pdf
    354.3 KB · Views: 2,667
  • GT5 Tune Sheet v6.1 FIELDS landscape.pdf
    356.6 KB · Views: 2,065
Last edited:
Looks like a good layout Jake, 2 things missing...
1) Downforce
2) 8th Gear - A few cars have 8... A pain but should probably be included.
Aside from that I like the look of it. 👍

Thanks for the replies. I added downforce and 8th gear. (I know the IS-F has 8... any others?) The power limiter is at the top of the original sheet. First post and pdf file updated.

You divide the horsepower into the weight, which is listed in either kg's or lb's, depending on which side of the pond you are on. For example, a 250 hp car that weighs 1000 kg has a power-to-weight ratio of 4 kg/hp. The power-to-weight ratio listed in pounds would jump to 8.8 lb/hp. It's just a reference point.

Get rid of the GT5 logo on the top,
Move the max power section to the right
Move the Make/Model to the left and even with the max power
Shrink the 2nd GT5 logo, delete 3 lines of the notes, and lower all lines until the bottom line is flush with the bottom line of the top speed box.

But that's just my .02.

Get rid of the GT5 logo on the top,
Move the max power section to the right
Move the Make/Model to the left and even with the max power
Shrink the 2nd GT5 logo, delete 3 lines of the notes, and lower all lines until the bottom line is flush with the bottom line of the top speed box.

But that's just my .02.

I could go with all that, so that makes it .04.

Something similar to this:

Excuse my Paint skills.
The Logo at the bottom still needs to lose 1 line, but I couldn't do that in paint, without excessive effort. So, take out 1 line and spread them equidistant until the top line and bottom line create a frame around the logo.

The top still looks weird to me, but I got bored.

Something similar to this:

Excuse my Paint skills.
The Logo at the bottom still needs to lose 1 line, but I couldn't do that in paint, without excessive effort. So, take out 1 line and spread them equidistant until the top line and bottom line create a frame around the logo.

The top still looks weird to me, but I got bored.

I like this, too, but now what about track? I'm not going to use the same tune at Daytona Superspeedway that I use at Fuji. We are now up to .05. :)

I like this, too, but now what about track? I'm not going to use the same tune at Daytona Superspeedway that I use at Fuji. We are now up to .05. :)

I didn't want to insult the OP by hacking up his work, because his looks nice.
But there's much more I would have gotten rid of and completely changed...
More along the lines of this:

In this example, completely ditch the GT logo behind the note lines and center it on the actual word 'notes'

Change:
Gear ratio to Transmission
Spread the Note lines apart, they should be the same thickness as the boxes are.

Even with all the stuff I changed, It's still missing something...
I'd need to see it with the logo to be sure, but, doesn't matter.
As long as the people who will use them like it, that's what's important.
Which I think the OP's initial design will appeal more to the public.

What about tires? I might have a tune for the same car on Sports and Races, a few check boxes might help. Also some categorical stuff as well; Time Trial, Rally, Dirt, Snow, Rain check boxes. Make it all fit.

These are all good ideas, which is why I made the thread... Keep sending suggestions and I will make more changes to the sheet tonight after work.

What about tires? I might have a tune for the same car on Sports and Races, a few check boxes might help. Also some categorical stuff as well; Time Trial, Rally, Dirt, Snow, Rain check boxes. Make it all fit.

Killin' me smalls...
I realized what was missing; a header.
I stole it off of google images, so anyone who uses this might go to prison.
You've been warned!

That header won't make the cut Adrenaline. The original will be there if anything. I like your reorganization ideas, and the tire check box addition from Budious. Also, to Chuk for suggesting to add the track name. There's always room for improvement 👍

Feel free to find/make a better one. I just tossed it on real quick for 'completion sake'
Like I said, all of this was MS Paint, so I'm limited on my tools...
Kind of.

I've seen those youtube video's of MS Paint competitions... jeebus!

Like I said, I already have the logo in the original. I'll feel free to make my own decisions after I filter though all these good suggestions. MS Paint rocks when you have nothing else at your disposal.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, especially to Adrenaline for taking the time to reorder and experiment with the layout. I updated the first post with the new sheet. Any more ideas?

Much better. A lot cleaner and more organized.
The only things I could nitpick at, would be that Brake Balance, Downforce and Ballast should be ordered Downforce, Ballast and Brake Balance.
But again, that's OCD stuff, and it's only because that's how the settings are ordered in the tuning menu, and I feel it helps the 'flow' of the sheet when it's in the same order as you would come to them when scrolling down the menu options.

The header at the top is nice, but I think it'd look more professional with the red/blue color. The black isn't really much easier on the printing ink wise anyways, so if it's gunna be there, I think the color looks nicer. The logo also looks like it's slightly offset to the left a tiny bit, but I can't tell for sure. If it is centered, it might 'fit' better if the bottom of the 5, meshed with the 'cup' created by the space between the line of 'car' and label of 'tires. Without the need to be moved up or down, just slightly to the right.

Oh, and the final thing I altered in paint, that isn't noticeable to anyone but me, is I moved all of the 'text' in between the boxes, about 1-2 pixels left, because if you look closely the parenthesis around (Compression) is closer to the right hand boxes, than the D of Dampers is to the left hand boxes. Same goes for the A and y of Acceleration sensitivity. Again, OCD.

Either way, it looks by far better than the original, good work.

The notes and gear ratio section, could be pushed up a tiny bit, to help the jigsaw effect of the labels, and the last box of the LSD option.

That's a good eye for detail, I'm not sure what I want to do with the logo yet and need to be able to do some proofing with a printer. Being in a hotel room this week makes that tricky. But I adjusted the text alignment and updated the first post.

Here is a link to a free program for those of you who would like to be able to type your settings into the computer instead of handwriting on a printed page. You will need to use the Typewriter tool. You can also create a preset style with your preferred font and size options.

http://pdf-xchange-viewer.en.softonic.com/

Nice, but I do occasionally use separate tires for front and rear so you really need just a write option for each, not necessarily check boxes for tires. Checkboxes were more useful for categorization like race, endurance, rally, etc.

Thanks I will definitely use this and if I need to tweak it to make it better, I will and send it to the Op to see if the changes get implemented. I suggest all who feel it can be better to do so.

Again thanks, my tunes are gonna look sweet in this.

Nice, but I do occasionally use separate tires for front and rear so you really need just a write option for each, not necessarily check boxes for tires. Checkboxes were more useful for categorization like race, endurance, rally, etc.

You can use the notes area to write any tire compound mixing for now. I will add in a line for mixing compounds soon.

Back