GT5 Vs Forza DLC

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 159 comments
United States
Los Angeles, Cali
JoeTruckV8
Wow, so I just check out Forza 3 ALMS pack, and all I got to say is GT5 is going to have to step there game up big time! This is the type of DLC we're looking for PD take notes please!

Turn 10 has always been very good with DLC, Polyphony just started so lets see how it pans out. Otherwise this shouldn't have its own thread.

Turn 10 has always been very good with DLC, Polyphony just started so lets see how it pans out. Otherwise this shouldn't have its own thread.

I know what you're trying to say, so take no offense with what I'm about to say: I am really, really tired of this "this is their first time" excuse. Who cares if it's their first time, it isn't sex... you either get it right, or you don't. Forza 2 was T10's first time dealing with DLC and look how that turned out.

"It's their first time doing weather." Which, in and of itself isn't entirely true; play GT3.

"It's their first game on the PS3." I don't even know how to respond to that one without insulting someone.

"it's their first game on the PSP." Same as above.

What's the point in all of it? Now, if this was GT1 then it would be a legible legit excuse.

Last edited:
Well from my experience GT5 is very secretive of every move that make. I believe the people wouldn't"t up roar as much if they would at least let people know what their plans are for the future (and,or) tell us why we can or can't have something (licence issues or digitizing process, etc...). I believe it would give people a piece of mind, instead of letting us run off with our imaginations.

I know what you're trying to say, so take no offense with what I'm about to say: I am really, really tired of this "this is their first time" excuse. Who cares if it's their first time, it isn't sex... you either get it right, or you don't. Forza 2 was T10's first time dealing with DLC and look how that turned out.

"It's their first time doing weather." Which, in and of itself isn't entirely true; play GT3.

"It's their first game on the PS3." I don't even know how to respond to that one without insulting someone.

What's the point in all of it? Now, if this was GT1 then it would be a legible legit excuse.

GT3 had weather? I know GT4 had a wet Tsukuba and GT3 had a damp SSR5, but...I wouldn't necessarily call that "weather"

While GT5 is there first full game on the PS3, I do have to agree, that it's false ('cause of GT5P and GTHD) and PD could have done a better job.

I will have to say, the DLC content in both games is getting better. FM4 has better cars and more of them each time, but I'm not concerned with the amount of cars, since GT5's cars take a bit longer than FM4's cars to model. However...GT's released 3 tracks already...So...on one hand you've got the better cars, on the other hand, you have more tracks...To me...tough call on that. I think I want to see how both play out and at the end of the year, I think there might be a better assessment to be made.

So my vote is they're even solely because of GT5's track DLC. Granted, FM4 has added 52 new cars including the ALMS pack, but I think tracks count for about 10 cars...so GT5 has 25 DLC cars + 3 new tracks so GT5 would have an equivalent of 55 cars.

BTW: A track takes longer to make, depending on the team, 1 track could easily consume the amount of time it would take to make a 10 car pack. So, that's what I'm basing my comparisons on.

GT3 had weather? I know GT4 had a wet Tsukuba and GT3 had a damp SSR5, but...I wouldn't necessarily call that "weather"

While GT5 is there first full game on the PS3, I do have to agree, that it's false ('cause of GT5P and GTHD) and PD could have done a better job.

I will have to say, the DLC content in both games is getting better. FM4 has better cars and more of them each time, but I'm not concerned with the amount of cars, since GT5's cars take a bit longer than FM4's cars to model. However...GT's released 3 tracks already...So...on one hand you've got the better cars, on the other hand, you have more tracks...To me...tough call on that. I think I want to see how both play out and at the end of the year, I think there might be a better assessment to be made.

So my vote is they're even solely because of GT5's track DLC. Granted, FM4 has added 52 new cars including the ALMS pack, but I think tracks count for about 10 cars...so GT5 has 25 DLC cars + 3 new tracks so GT5 would have an equivalent of 55 cars.

BTW: A track takes longer to make, depending on the team, 1 track could easily consume the amount of time it would take to make a 10 car pack. So, that's what I'm basing my comparisons on.

I agree with you there, I would trade 20 cars for every 1 track.

Spa is the only one of those tracks even remotely worth having. Kart Space is stupid and pointless if you don't use karts whilst Route X is just a very large oval for testing. Forza has Benchmark Test Grounds which is the same with with some more variation.

SuperShouden

So you're saying 25 cars is really 55 cars because of new tracks?
I wasn't aware a car was a track.

MildAshers
Likewise the 2012 GTR.

The Golf R also shouldn't have taken too long, as it still shares a lot visually with the V.

FM4 has done similar things: the VW R cars, and the Mazda RX-8. Or the Holden in this pack. But overall, I would absolutely agree that Forza's car choices have been superior. I've been excited for each one, and I've definitely felt my Season Pass was worth it. As for tracks, the only real life tracks I miss are the more accurate 'Ring and Spa. But I prefer Road America, Atlanta, Sebring, and Infineon to Fuji and Monza. New tracks wouldn't hurt by any means, though (still crossing my fingers for Cadwell Park).

They're not Porsches, changes do haves to be made to make the newer years, and knowing PD, they built everything from ground up.

They're not Porsches, changes do haves to be made to make the newer years

Yes. For example, the 2011 Mini has different wheels!

And the GT-R Black Edition has... um... foglights.

Oh! And 3/4ths of the cars in that particular pack have glitched transmissions (still), nevermind the Beetle that weighs 800 pounds more than it did in real life in the most recent pack. Just as true to life as you would expect based on the considerable amount of time they supposedly spent on them.

Last edited:
I read your whole post. Nothing in it had anything to do with a comparison between the DLC of the two titles. It was basically "Well, Forza might have better DLC, but GT5 has something else."

I mean, I can break it down sentence by sentence if you want, but it would be best for everyone if you just posted in the thread meant to compare them as a whole rather than entering a thread meant to compare something specific between them and then talking about everything but that.

We if you want to go there then this is what i have to say. Well FORZA has their many cars, with unrealistic arcade style handling and animated graphics. And GRAN-TURISMO has its many cars, simulation/realistic handling, HD graphics, sponsored events ect. But not trying to start a FORZA vs. GT fight. And one of the main factors about GT5 is that it wasn't even finished before it was pushed out to be released. Not the makers and developers fault, it is the market for the game. The way i see this game is sort of like a full game bata. And i yes i am very satisfied with with GT5 and the whole series. I just hope they keep doing what they are doing. I just have to add this... LONG LIVE THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR

ummm what?
Unrealistic arcade style handling?
Let me guess.. you never played Forza 4 or "played it at a friend's house"? :dunce:

There's a vs thread as already pointed out for this type of flame baiting fanboy fodder, err, discussion.

Yes. For example, the 2011 Mini has different wheels!

And the GT-R Black Edition has... um... foglights.

Oh! And 3/4ths of the cars in that particular pack have glitched transmissions (still), nevermind the Beetle that weighs 800 pounds more than it did in real life in the most recent pack. Just as true to life as you would expect based on the considerable amount of time they supposedly spent on them.

"Expect perfection" from the perfectionist Kaz himself mate ;)
I know screw ups sometimes happen but GT5 is the most guilty for duping cars to pad the numbers up and having many questionable things with their cars and the data linked to them. Personally there's no reason for them to botch the latest DLC cars they released not even a month ago like the new Mini and the Beetle, or allowing the standard Jag XJ9-R LM racer to events but not the premium version!
Just remember, attention to detail!! lol

Last edited:
GT5 wins hand down as I value tracks far more then cars. PD has shown they can model vars well and some of the recent packs are showing promise for a good selection of cars. Turn 10 have excellent car choices but have zero tracks.

I think I will take a decent car selection and many tracks over an excellent car selection.

GT5 wins hand down as I value tracks far more then cars. PD has shown they can model vars well and some of the recent packs are showing promise for a good selection of cars. Turn 10 have excellent car choices but have zero tracks.

I think I will take a decent car selection and many tracks over an excellent car selection.

Outside of your obvious GT bias, you'd know that every Forza game this gen prior to the latest installment had DLC cars and DLC tracks. FM2 saw 2 new track locations whereas FM3 saw Nurburging GP added as the only track DLC, while adding 10+ monthly DLC cars to the game. FM4 was just launched in mid October, and the 3 (4th was just announced) DLC being exclusively cars (and great car packs, not the joke of paint chips or race mods of existing cars or duplicates like a premium version of a car already in the game, or new cars to the series with the wrong data as mentioned previously). I'm sure we'll see a track DLC of some sort for FM4 and based on history it will be a real world and very famous track.

I think the only good GT5 DLC track that we got was Spa (because it's awesome). The karting disco track is... OK. Nothing big to talk about in my book. Visually nice, mediocre track layout. The last test track is a joke to me. 30km oval with 12km+ straights isn't something I would praise. Spa however is awesome, as I mentioned.

Ok, so after hearing this debate there are good & bads coming from both sides of the ball here, but I won't go into details.

One thing I would like to note is from a business stand point inducing competition will make both of the game developers strive for the best DLC possible. I think they need to learn from one-anothers moves and constantly try to out top the competeior. This will always keep us with the hopefully best DLC know to man. I also hope that there isnt lincenses issue with tracks and car manufacturers only allowuing 1 devolper to have that car or track? It would be nice for both gaming systems to have access to all the available cars and tracks, and let the customer be the deciding force to who's content was better, Forza or GT5?

To be honest, although GT5 has had 3 new tracks given to it, I would take the 40/50 cars FM4 has received as DLC since its release.

If my calculations are correct Forza will have 120 new DLC cars by the time the DLC program is over.

edit: FM3 had 103 new cars added in just over a year from its release. Plus the 16 LCE, VIP and pre order cars, so 119. Should be around the same for FM4. Maybe closer to 140 including the free Hyundai pack and recent release of pre order and LCE cars.

In a year from GT5 releasing the touring car pack and Spa were released.

Wow, so I just check out Forza 3 ALMS pack, and all I got to say is GT5 is going to have to step there game up big time! This is the type of DLC we're looking for PD take notes please!

The problem is PD will not be able to match T10's output of DLC cars as they are now. It is not really anything to do with PD just starting out with DLC or PD having to take note of what DLC to add. The changes that are needed to be made to match T10 will be a big commitment as it will involve a lot of investment and potential restructuring of PDI. The worrying thing for PD is T10 will be moving the goal posts further, so the gap might be larger in the future.

Last edited:
ORPHANTHIRTY7
Well. i was making point but i explained a few things first, if you read my whole post instead of what it looks like you read that first part and quoted me. I was actually on topic

None of your post was on topic.

The argument that "Do it right the first time or don't do it at all" is also severely flawed. I don't expect PD to be better than Turn 10 on a field they have never stepped into.

EDIT: This is their first time doing weather (wet tracks are not weather)

The argument that "Do it right the first time or don't do it at all" is also severely flawed. I don't expect PD to be better than Turn 10 on a field they have never stepped into.
I don't think anyone does, but when you see the idiotic way PD initially implemented the DLC it is clear that they didn't even have a clue. PD aren't at the forefront of DLC releases, blazing trails no one else has done before; so why is it okay that the DLC as it is implemented now is still totally screwy (albeit far less so than originally)?

Last edited:
The argument that "Do it right the first time or don't do it at all" is also severely flawed.

Especially considering I've never said that.

I don't expect PD to be better than Turn 10 on a field they have never stepped into.
I'm sorry, is game-expansive content akin to rocket science? You add cars and tracks - doesn't sound all that difficult to me.

And, let's look over Forza 2's DLC, shall we?

(Taken from ForzaCentral):

The Nissan Tournament Pack - Released August 1st 2007 - Price: FREE
2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring Coupe [pic]
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE [pic]
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V [pic]

#8 Peugeot 908 - Released August 1st 2007 - Price: 50 MS Points / FREE with Codecard from the French FM2 LCE
2007 Peugeot #8 Team Peugeot Total 908 HDi FAP [pic]

The September Car Pack - Released September 21st 2007 - Price: 400 MS Points
2006 Audi #8 Audi Sport Team Joest R10 TDI [pic]
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi [pic]
2006 Dodge Challenger Concept [pic]
2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe [pic]
2007 Honda Civic Type-R [pic]
1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 [pic]
2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept [pic]
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) [pic]
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line [pic]
2007 SEAT Leon Cupra (part of the pack but also FREE as a standalone) [pic]
2007 SEAT Leon Supercup [pic]

The December Car Pack - Released December 7th 2007 - Price: 400 MS Points
2008 Audi R8 Road Car [pic]
1983 Audi Sport quattro [pic]
1991 BMW Motorsport M3 E30 [pic]
2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano [pic]
2006 Ferrari FXX [pic]
2008 Koenigsegg CCGT [pic]
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera [pic]
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 [pic]
1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Evo (996) 'Street Version' [pic]
1980 Renault 5 Turbo [pic]
2007 Renault Clio RenaultSport 197 (part of the pack but also FREE as a standalone) [pic]

The March Car Pack - Released March 19th 2008 - Price: 400 MS Points
2008 Audi S5 [pic]
2007 Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro S-Line [pic]
1971 BMW Motorsport 3.0 CSL E09 [pic]
2008 BMW Motorsport M3 E92 Coupé [pic]
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia [pic]
1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione [pic]
1996 Ferrari F50 GT [pic]
2007 Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 [pic]
2007 Maserati GranTurismo [pic]
2006 Maserati MC12 Corsa [pic]
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR [pic]
2007 Peugeot #1 Peugeot 207 Super 2000 (Xbox liveried 2007 IRC Championship Winner) (part of the pack but also FREE as a standalone) [pic]
2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997) [pic]

TRACKS:

Motegi Track Pack - Released October 26th 2007 - Price: 400 MS Points
Twin Ring Motegi [pic1] [pic2]
motlogmf9.jpg

Tracks:
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi West Course
  • Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Road America Track - Released December 7th 2007 - Price: 100 MS Points
Road America [pic]
roam2logkk0.jpg

Tracks:

• Road America
Turn 10's first time stepping into the world of DLC. Also better than GT5.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm not entirely arguing that GT5's DLC should be better than Forza's, but it shouldn't be as relatively "meh" as it's been so far, including Pack 3.

Last edited:
Back