Which GT on PS3 do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Now, before any of you say said thread is existed, you have to know that the existing thread we have is the best GT as a whole.

This thread will be specifically talking about the GT on the PS3, namely GT5 and GT6. Which do you prefer? Talk anything about theat here. Critisism is welcomed altough you have to be constructive.

NOTE: Doesnt have to be all on technical part. The social, impression, etc is expected as long as its relevant.

Last edited:
GT6 is better, but I'm missing some things from GT5.

GT5
  • Shuffle Racing
  • Course Maker
  • Better photomode locations
  • Top Gear Test Track
  • Car trading / sharing
  • Ferrari F1

GT6
  • Better driving physics
  • More customization options
  • Better paint chip system
  • More premium classic cars
  • Faster loading
  • Better menus
  • The new tracks
  • The community feature

GT6, because Lamborghini Diablo.:D

Honestly though, there's a few reasons;
- The new selection of premium cars (in my opinion), is very good. The old Ferraris, premium Countaches, American muscle etc.
- Brands Hatch - I love that track, along with the other new additions.
- Customisation - it was a bit late, but the gauges, number decals, callipers and such I find rather neat.
- Physics - by making MR cars so gad-damned horrible to drive on Racing Tyres, I've finally been encouraged to drive on less grippy tyres, and all the better for it.
- The improved loading times have probably saved me hours of my life. :dopey:

I do not think there's a single thing that Gt5 beats Gt6 at. Beside missing features like Course Maker i mean!

GT5 was better for it's time than GT6 is. Nobody ever really felt that GT5 lacked major features that its predecessor had, but that is the case for GT6. If GT6 had a used car dealer, shuffle races, A-Spec endurance races, and a course maker then I'll be a LOT happier with the game (I don't really care about B-Spec). In other words, I was more satisfied when I first got GT5 than I was when I got GT6, but because GT6 has more cars and tracks with a better physics model, along with little features like nitrous and quick matches, I prefer GT6.

GT5 or GT6?

You know my answer: ABSOLUTELY!

But its things like what PD put post patch that made GT6 a better choice. Along with the semi premiums.

...I'm missing some things from GT5.

GT5
  • Shuffle Racing
  • Course Maker
  • Better photomode locations
  • Top Gear Test Track
  • Car trading / sharing
  • Ferrari F1

GT6
  • Better driving physics
  • More customization options
  • Better paint chip system
  • More premium classic cars
  • Faster loading
  • Better menus
  • The new tracks
  • The community feature

This, so I cannot vote. I prefer GT6's physics, but GT5 was a better overall game imo. Really miss Shuffle Racing.

6! I want it again so bad but now I'm on PS4 so RACE 07 on PC will have to do.

Better UI
Most tracks have Day/Night cycle
Better handling
Easier to make money (2,000,000 in 20 minutes I believe)
Better (Slightly) AI
More stable online
DIABLO!!!
th

Better customization
Better Community (When it got added)
Better endurance races
GT3 Races!
Better photo mode
Senna's Lotus!

Cons:

Still no Data logger or track editor
No fuel consumption in arcade mode (Even though MP and Endurance use it)
Body roll too exaggerated (You can roll a Honda Fit on Willow Springs!)
No Ferrari F10 '10.

Overall, GT6 wins.

GT5 8/10
GT6 9/10

If I'm going to put one of them into the PS3 to play?

Neither, I'd put in GT5P. It's simple and well designed, and I find it very enjoyable even when playing through it for the umpteenth time.

I do not think there's a single thing that Gt5 beats Gt6 at. Beside missing features like Course Maker i mean!

GT5 is arguably a better looking game, especially after all the fixes it went through to stabilise the frame rate. GT6 undid a lot of that good work.

GT5 is arguably a better looking game, especially after all the fixes it went through to stabilise the frame rate. GT6 undid a lot of that good work.

I wonder what you mean by "better looking". Yest GT5 had more AA and better weather, but that's it. GT6 destroys it when talking about night and day transition, or colors, resolution.. Photomode improved for better quality, better shadows, better high quality tracks and more. Imo GT6 looks better, but it's all subjective, and if you prefer GT5 graphics for the points I mentioned, I will respect your opinion.

Neither, I'd put in GT5P. It's simple and well designed, and I find it very enjoyable even when playing through it for the umpteenth time.

Couldn't agree more 👍

For all it lacked in content, GT5P was an awesome game if all you were interested in was the driving.

On-line was virtually perfect. TT leader boards for every track. Great physics (significantly better than GT5 physics and only slightly behind the GT5 academy physics engine).

With a few more tracks (Nurb!) I could have played GT5P forever.

More choice isn't always a good thing.

While GT6 have better cars and tracks, GT5 had a better offline career mode to play where you would get new cars every event you complete, just like in the past GT titles, now this was something, it would make me want to play it because of that, winning some cars that you couldn't buy since they weren't all available in the car dealer.

Which brings me to another point, car rarity. Yes I'm one of those guys who loved the Used Cars no matter how big part of the community hated it, I liked having a selection of random cars popping up instead of having 1200 cars all in my face to buy when I want, this would give value to the cars I own because I know I wouldn't be able to walk in and buy them whenever I feel like.

In short, GT5 was more enjoyable to play, GT6 have more content. So I go with GT5.

I wonder what you mean by "better looking". Yest GT5 had more AA and better weather, but that's it. GT6 destroys it when talking about night and day transition, or colors, resolution.. Photomode improved for better quality, better shadows, better high quality tracks and more. Imo GT6 looks better, but it's all subjective, and if you prefer GT5 graphics for the points I mentioned, I will respect your opinion.

I'm not talking about photomode or any of the fancy numbers Polyphony throw out about how much better GT6 is.

Purely to look at in motion, I find late versions of GT5 to be more pleasant than GT6. The increased colours and resolution of GT6 do little to nothing to enhance it's visual appeal, and the compromises needed to achieve those things detract far more for me.

I know people feel both ways about this, but it's definitely an example of something where GT6 is not a clear winner over GT5.

GT6 is the better game, the thing is:

I believe GT5 could have been easily updated to contain everything that GT6 offers. It's all about the money, so we had to buy another "game" to get this simple update.

Not only that, but GT6 is still missing alot of GT5's content.

Right now PD is about to wreck the Gran Turismo series for good.

Their only marketing "Hey, we got more cars than Forza !" is like a lollipop after a bad doctors visit.

GT5 was a great game no doubt, but GT6 is just better to me.

And GT6 isn't constantly trying to crash my PS3 when using Arcade.

GT5, no doubt! The league I race in cannot really race on GT6 the way it is intended.

While in some areas GT6 obviously improves over GT5, when taking into account each game's overall quality, variety and content for it's respective time, as well as fun and enjoyment, GT5 is an easy win for me.

Shuffle racing in particular was a massive deal for me. It's where I spent the vast majority of my online racing and it produced far better, more enjoyable and challenging racing than I usually get on GT6.

...............It's tough to say exactly which is better because both have pros and cons. In terms of what I personally want out of GT game (better car list) then GT6 edges forward but with its....intermittent online connection, no B Spec, smaller photomode locations, no enduro races and wonky GT Auto sections do pull it back. At the end of GT5's life span, it was admittedly a great-ish game. I'll reserve my full judgment for GT6 - I'm 70% certain we will see a GT6 2.0 sometime this year....

GT5 was incredibly frustrating because A.I opponents were either:too slow, too fast or not gutsy enough. Not to mention that ALL standard cars looked truly awful. GT6, however, has come a long way since the GT Academy demo. I have never gone back to GT5.

At the moment GT5, since it's a complete game, GT6 not so much, it's like getting a new car, that didn't come with seats, stereo etc., you can still drive it but your sitting on box so it's functional but not as enjoyable to drive. If the missing features are included into the game then GT6 then definitely GT6. All the physics, improved graphics, menu etc., are great improvement.

GT6 over GT5 for me. Faster loading times, better driving physics, better UI, better track selection, nice selection of premium and semi-premium cars added. Course Maker isn't in the game, but it'll be added in the game eventually, and GT5's Course Maker was kind of bland. The only feature I truly miss from GT5 is shuffle racing.

I also liked GT5 Prologue as well, but the game didn't really have that much content in the game to keep me interested in it, which is expected since it was a prologue to the full game.

Don't forget about GT HD Concept. :P

Last edited:
GT5 hands down. GT6 physics are better and soloing with cars is more fun, but GT5 had a much more active online racing community which is where I spent most of my time. More than half the people I raced with in GT5 didn't buy GT6 and of those that remained only a handful were active. An average game that is popular online is far more valuable to me than a better game with a mostly dead online aspect.

Back