GT5 VS GT6. Which do You Choose?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 148 comments

Which GT on PS3 do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the voting so far speaks volumes. Gt6 is without doubt a far better game than 5. Okay people are bummed the course maker and endurance along with b spec isn't in yet but, seriously, how can people say 5 was better? If you bought 5 on day 1, it was nowhere near finished. Payouts were as poor as 6, no seasonals, endless grinding to "level up". Physics that'd regressed from prologue. 6 is hands down a better game, no contest. 6 has just been blighted by a slower than expected evolution. Gt5=6.5/10. Gt6=7/10 out of the box
You misread the question. It's not "which game is better?"

I voted for GT6, i enjoy the new physics, Goodwood, and the longer career, plus the fact that you can buy every car when you want, without have to cycle the UCD for hours is a big improvement. But some things were better in GT5, first of all the difficulty, i mean, in GT5 didn't get past bronze in Suzuka with the X2010 after 100 tries, tuesday i did the X Challenge and i made 2:19:7xx with gold set at 2:30, with pad... And i even forgot to set the steering sensitive to 7 (was at 0), even the other times are very easy, to get gold in licenses i need no more than 5 attempts and then i beat it by tenths, in GT5 by milliseconds after many tries. Plus In GT6 i hate the shadows, which looks bubbles, and the trees, that have a very ugly halo of pixels around them. Oh, i hate even the night races, in Willow Springs i can barely see the white edge of the track.

I think the voting so far speaks volumes. Gt6 is without doubt a far better game than 5. Okay people are bummed the course maker and endurance along with b spec isn't in yet but, seriously, how can people say 5 was better?

Just at a guess, but because they enjoyed playing it more?

Besides, if you're going on about GT5 1.01, do you want to compare that to GT6 1.01? It's a pretty close call as to which of the two I'd play. The broken game with lots of stuff that doesn't work right, or the broken game with hardly anything in it. Tough choice.

If I was stranded on an island, I would pick GT5 because of the Course Maker and only that. Realistically speaking, I would choose GT6 in its current state. Either one would do though.
Well, if I were to be stuck on Mars, I would pick FF VIII. The Martians would think that's what Earth is really like, the morons.

I think too many people remember GT5 at the end, after it was patched many, many, many times.

When GT7 comes out, and we have seen GT6 in it's final form, it will make for a better comparison.

Anyway, I don't got back to GT5 but I still go back to GT4.

There is probably some like me that didn't cast a vote since there wasn't a third option "GT6 with it's fixes"
without that option at the moment GT5 is the better of the two, if fixed then Gt6. if that option was on the
table we might get a better reflection of the results.

Both have their faults but GT5 edges it.
For me the seasonals in GT5 were much better and kept me coming back for more, GT6 doesn't give me a "game", which I would dearly like PD to improve on.
If PD improved the driving/racing experience with GT6 I'd have an excuse to keep playing.

Worse driving physics, less framerate with very similar graphics (cockpit view is IMO unplayable), still standard cars, no used car lot, no AI improvements, shadows glitches. Sucks with both steering wheel and ds. Six was a waste of money for me.

I was late to the GT5 party and missed fully utilizing some features like car trading, the UCD and the Museum collectables. However, I prefer the GT6 interface, HUD, menu loading, additional tracks, and overall car features and customization. Just wish GT6 had a few more off line endurance events; 2-4 hour events would be good enough (24 hours is a bit much).

I prefer GT5 and here are the reasons why.

• Community - I really miss trading cars, paints, ect, with my friends. Granted, I am a time trailer first and foremost, but there were days I would log in just to swap stuff with my friends. I really miss that aspect along with the Market Place. A lot of good memories there.
  • B-Spec - Needs no explanation
  • Course Maker - Again, needs no explanation
  • Shuffle Racing - Self explanatory.
  • Endurance Races - Really loved doing those endurance races in career mode.
GT6 just doesn't feel like home for me. There was just something about GT5 that when you logged in, you had this feeling that you were home and were in for a good time with whatever you chose to do. GT6 just doesn't have that warm, down home feeling to me. GT6 just seems too easy, too generic to me. I just haven't been able to get into GT6 like I did with 5. There was not a day that went by that I didn't log into 5 to do something, and that something usually lasted several hours. With 6, I've went 3-4 days with no interest in logging in. And when I do, its only for a few hours unless I am dedicated to improving my time in a time trial event. I really miss GT5, so much fun and so many great memories. :bowdown:

Personally, I'm sitting on the fence; while I didn't play on-line that much in GT5, the few times I did were, by and large, quite enjoyable. That, and the endurance races I could actually complete without leaving the system on over-night. Until PD announce that it's all said and done in regards to GT6, I can't make a fair comparison between the two.

Having said that, if PD added the above 2 features to 6 (with reliable network play), including the course-maker (I'm steadily losing hope over this) then that's what I'll probably plump for.

gt5

the offline content is irrelevant to me as i didn't really touch it in either game other than to grind some credits at the start to buy a few cars. the online portion captures 99% of my attention.

so I pick gt5 because i had a lot more fun online with it, had lots of epic races the first two years of gt5

gt6 online experience never lived up to it, seemed there were less people racing. not sure if it was just gt burnout or what. there also seems to be a smaller group of rabbit cars at each pp in gt6 than there were in gt5.

overall, gt6 is the better game i think but i had more fun with gt5.

• Better menus
Please explain. I am not quite sure how you can say GT6's menu is better than GT5's menu. In GT6, you have to go allll the way over to the left or right sometimes.

Although to be honest, both menus do the same thing so your point is still invalid. ;)

I prefer neither and prefer GTHD (not concept).
GTHD was originally HD-remastered GT4, and cars and tracks were going to be provided as paid DLCs (50-100 yen/car, 200-500 yen/track). It was known that it took 6 months to model 1 car, so I thought the system ideal and that PD could easily get their development costs back by DLCs.
However, as you know, GTHD was cancelled because people at that time (2006), especially Japanese, hated to pay for DLC.

Last edited:
GT6, of course !

- Better physic
- Better graphics
- More cars
- More tracks, day/night cycle and weather much more present
- More customisation
- Special Events : Moon, Senna and Sierra
- Community feature more complete
- Career mode more varied and fluid progression
- Online more stable et more complete

Remains only B-SPEC and course maker :)

GT5 is :

- F2007 and F10
- Endurance races
- And that's it.

For me, it's impossible to prefer GT5. 6 is better on 95% of the points. IMO.

Pretty much this. I voted for GT6.

Both are great games though. GT5 was for its time but after getting GT6 I did not want to go back to GT5. GT5 definitely had more grinding. I collected nearly 1200 cars in it. B spec reaching level 40 too lol how can I forget that. Used to watch races while eating :D GT6 if you have anniversary edition like I do is easy and straight forward even if you are not too good in the game. Even without that I guess it not too hard

Please explain. I am not quite sure how you can say GT6's menu is better than GT5's menu. In GT6, you have to go allll the way over to the left or right sometimes.

Although to be honest, both menus do the same thing so your point is still invalid. ;)

Better structured, more easily navigated, no pressing left to go up or pressing up to go left. The point is not invalid because although it's possible to do the same things with both menus, they do it in very different ways.

It also looks much better in GT6.

Better structured, more easily navigated, no pressing left to go up or pressing up to go left. The point is not invalid because although it's possible to do the same things with both menus, they do it in very different ways.

It also looks much better in GT6.
As I stated, it is not easily navigated if you have to go to stats, and all the way over to Photo Travel. That is equivalent to pressing up to go left. Except you have to press it multiple times.

You saying GT6 looks better is primarily an opinion. Lets call it even and say that the point of a "better menu" cannot be made. 💡

As I stated, it is not easily navigated if you have to go to stats, and all the way over to Photo Travel. That is equivalent to pressing up to go left. Except you have to press it multiple times.

It's not the equivalent to press up to go left, because the cursor goes in the direction you press. In GT5 it didn't. The GT5 menu was a mosaic and the way the cursor moved from one block to another was not always intuitive. There was a lot of times when I just wanted to quickly go to, say GT Auto, but by accident selected some other item instead, and then I had to wait for the item to load (which took quite long) before I could go back and go where I wanted to. That doesn't happen in GT6, at least not for me.

You saying GT6 looks better is primarily an opinion. Lets call it even and say that the point of a "better menu" cannot be made. 💡

Everything is based on opinion. If we're going to find a universal consensus then no point can ever be made. I've made my point, feel free to disagree.

GT5 any day. The reason is that GT6 was me was a huge let down because they promised things to be in the game but never delivered. To me, this is why GT5 will always to be the better game.

They are still working on GT6; if the Course Maker and B-Spec are never released, then your point is valid, but at least wait until all VGT's are released or GT7, whichever comes sooner, before you talk about broken promises.

not sure if it was just gt burnout or what. there also seems to be a smaller group of rabbit cars at each pp in gt6 than there were in gt5.

overall, gt6 is the better game i think but i had more fun with gt5.

I think you hit the nail on the head with burn out. I MUCH prefer GT6, but when GT6 released, GT5 online was still very vibrant.

I want to choose GT5 because I miss B-Spec, F1, and some tracks (Top Gear, and some I can't remember the names of now), and also thought the option to have the car drive around in the dealer so you could see it in track light was great too.

But I can't choose it, because Trans Am (And 250GT, and Daytona, and many others). And many more full interior cars. And the VGT series/concept. And the Lunar missions. And STR.

I guess it's sort of like GT4. I get nostalgic (miss El Capitan and Seattle and Midfield), or even GT2 (Red Rock and Grindlewald)[and GT1 had that night track with the nightmare chicane in it, and 2 or 3 with Complex String], but would never actually go to the effort of actually firing them up. For what I miss, I'd be missing too much more.

I'd go for GT6 for the physics, Sauber C9 and Bentley Speed 8(as premiums), FIA GT3 cars, VGT, Sierra, Senna, Ascari and semi-premium R390 GT1.

For GT5, online fun, course maker, B-spec, and proper endurance races.

Back