GT5 VS GT6. Which do You Choose?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 148 comments

Which GT on PS3 do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
GT6 is better, but I'm missing some things from GT5.

GT5
  • Shuffle Racing
  • Course Maker
  • Better photomode locations
  • Top Gear Test Track
  • Car trading / sharing
  • Ferrari F1
Some things you forgot to mention:
-custom one-make races with standing starts, mechanical damage & fuel/tire wear
-arcade races with normal rolling starts, 16-car grid, mechanical damage & fuel/tire wear.

It's really odd how GT6 has more cars & tracks than GT5 but it doesn't have proper racing offline.

GT6 in my opinion is better, but I think they should of kept the drag track from GT5. I don't see why they wouldn't have. Drifting in GT5 was also a lot more fun. GT6 is jsut weird. After many updates it's not too bad now, but still not as fun as it used to be.

Hard to say... because I didn't play it in its heyday... got it with my PS3 for GT6. I will say this.

GT5 has a soul... GT6 does not.
GT5 has content... GT6 is unfinished.

GT6 feels like a cashgrab gutted for improved load times and Vision GT.

By sheer playtime: GT5
By career mode: GT5
By motivation to play (long-term): GT5
By social interaction (swapping paints and stuff, gifting cars): GT5

By graphics and physics: GT6
By loading times: GT6

Well, retrospectively I should have skipped GT6. The more as it was the first game I bought day 1 at full price. :ouch:

I like both of them. GT6 has a way better physics engine, I like the Special Events a little bit more (I love Senna and Sierra events) and I like the streamlined factor of the game, but the main campaign is lackluster. I've played every GT and (except GTPSP that doesn't have a career mode itself), it is the most short career on the series so far, relying only on Seasonal Events (that I'm not too fond of) to extend the gameplay. I don't think that GT6 had to give a huge career like GT4 (I like, but it is a little too much for many people and I accept a little smaller career, not a TINY carrer mode offered on GT6).

Even if I dispise some of the weird concepts of GT5 like the leveling system, the messy interface and the unconsistent graphics, the main career itself is quite enjoyable and provide a fair decent amount of challenge and for some weird reason, cool concepts like B-Spec management aren't on GT6 (B-Spec on GT6 only have the purpose to farm money).

Last edited:
I prefer GT5 or GT5P just because both were the full games for the price they both originally delivered. Thinking the time I payed full price for GT6 (The Anniversary Edition at that) and getting so less than GT5 was disappointing to me. If today was December 6,2013. I would happily would say it's worth the price.

For me GT5 wins completely.

GT mode for single player is a lot better than the single player mode in GT6..

In GT5 you have endurance races and that was a identity of the saga

In GT5 you have the second hand cars.. That was also a identity of the saga

The GT5 game was more difficult overall,it was not at all easy to get a gold medal in the loeb rally or the amg academy or the red bull x....

GT6 had better driving physics till the update 1.08 for me...and still a lot of the physics are broken, like the camber...

So for me GT5 is a more "authentic" Gran Turismo and is overall better than GT6.

I think that GT5 was the better installations of the GT series so far. I think by the end before the servers were shut down PD had made sure that all the little glitches in GT5 were ironed out but some were still a problem. Yes GT6 is a better game with regards to the physics, but all the added features that we have had to wait for in GT6 have made the game into a dumbed down version for those who are new to GT. I'm hoping that GT7 will be better planned and with the same if not more features than the previous two titles. The lack of new cars as well as the never ending saga of Porsche not having any up to date cars in the game is a downer in itself, but other than that we can only make do with what we have.

I have both on ps3 and i like them both but i think that both games are better than the other in some ways and worse than the other. i like gt5 for its course creator, and the arcade mode is better in terms of quick races having 12 cars that were eather in the same class (example if you do a quick race in a supergt/jgtc race car the A.I would also be in supergt/jgtc cars) in gt6 you have more cars and track but the arcade mode sucks in that only 10 cars on track the A.I would be in just random cars (example i went to do a race in the nissan gtr gt3 and the opponents would be in LMPs, rally and touring cars) other than that both games are basically the same

GT6 for the most, except arcade mode where is very very big disappointment, and that is sad because for me the arcade mode is for offline entertainment and fun very important.... in all others areas, and the physics of course, the GT6 is better than GT5.

There's some stuff I miss about GT5, including that "secret" menu we could access toward the end, but for me GT6 is miles better. Tho, as low res as they were - GT5's rain and snow FX were much better. The GT6 rain/snow fx ( cockpit view ) are really poor, compared, even though they appear to have a higher fidelity to them.

Im for GT6. GT5 has only to offer the two Ferrari F1 cars and Top Gear test track. The rest is in GT6...
But its a shame about the F1 cars

GT6 is better, but I'm missing some things from GT5.

GT5
  • Shuffle Racing
  • Course Maker
  • Better photomode locations
  • Top Gear Test Track
  • Car trading / sharing
  • Ferrari F1

GT6
  • Better driving physics
  • More customization options
  • Better paint chip system
  • More premium classic cars
  • Faster loading
  • Better menus
  • The new tracks
  • The community feature

Last edited:
GT6, of course !

- Better physic
- Better graphics
- More cars
- More tracks, day/night cycle and weather much more present
- More customisation
- Special Events : Moon, Senna and Sierra
- Community feature more complete
- Career mode more varied and fluid progression
- Online more stable et more complete

Remains only B-SPEC and course maker :)

GT5 is :

- F2007 and F10
- Endurance races
- And that's it.

For me, it's impossible to prefer GT5. 6 is better on 95% of the points. IMO.

Last edited:
If I was stranded on an island, I would pick GT5 because of the Course Maker and only that. Realistically speaking, I would choose GT6 in its current state. Either one would do though.
Well, if I were to be stuck on Mars, I would pick FF VIII. The Martians would think that's what Earth is really like, the morons.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure theres this app for gt 6 where you make courses
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-course-maker/

Alot of people havent noticed but there is a course maker app you know. You can make couses and put them into GT6
I'm pretty sure you don't realise but did you look at the date of when these posts were made? Those posts came from several months before course maker was announced, let alone released

GT6
Absolutely no doubt.

Do people actually remember what GT5 offered and what GT6 offers?
The question is without doubt.

Personal preference is another matter.
The same as whether people prefer an album from Led Zepplin or J Zay.

That doesn't detract from the fact GT6 trumps GT5 in many, many aspects.

Look, other than removing the Top Gear test track, and a couple of good cars, and the extremely poor curb physics (flipping cars unrealistically) - I think GT6 is better in every way to GT5.

This is of course excluding everything which makes them the same, which is probably 80-90% the same components between the two of them.

I did play GT5 a lot more though, but I think GT6 is just a more refined version of GT5.

GT5:
Shuffle Races
Car Sharing/Trading
Better B-Spec Mode
Remote B-Spec Racing
Better Particle Effects
Better Shadows
Better Framerate
Integrated Course-Maker
Better Damage Modeling
Better Soundtrack
Better Atmosphere
Better Photomode Locations
Better Rally Racing
Proper Endurance Races
More Challenging Gameplay
Licensed Ferrari Formula One
Licensed Top-Gear

GT6:
Better Driving Physics
Better Vehicle List
Better Track List
Better UI Design
Better Lighting
Better Career Mode Structure
Better Online Mode
Better Vehicle Customization
More Varied Seasonal-Events
Licensed Senna Content

...Yeah have to say it's a mix. Depsite GT6 having important improvements, I ultimately enjoyed my time with GT5 more.

Last edited:
Back