GT6: 15th Anniversary Collectors Edition.

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 98 comments
So how much would it have to be for you to consider going without? 75? 80? 100?

Put it this way,if PD continue to keep me happy,then I will continue to give them money for it,but yes 3 figures would be a little ridiculous.

Anybody heard about a NTSC Collectors version coming?
You can see the anniversary edition as replacement for the collectors edition.

Or maybe something which was like the signature edition? Nothing announced yet.

Put it this way,if PD continue to keep me happy,then I will continue to give them money for it,but yes 3 figures would be a little ridiculous.

So £80, double the cost of the normal version just for a steelbook and digital items would be cool with you? Really?

So £80, double the cost of the normal version just for a steelbook and digital items would be cool with you? Really?

Well it would depend on what they were but that's a whole other argument which frankly I can't be bothered with but the point was I can afford it and have booked it,and I don't mind it if it's going to be something I'm going to enjoy for a good few years.

$115 would allow me to get Resistance Collection, Killzone Collection and God of War SAGA, ( more than 10 titles ) or only GT6 steelbook :crazy:

Remember that the pre-order deals from stores such as Gamestop and Amazon contain EITHER bonus cars OR 1 million credits.

ONLY the Anniversary Edition contains BOTH cars AND credits.

In typical Gran Turismo PR fashion, this has been a stupid mess that nobody can make sense of and leaves more questions than answers 👎👎👎.

I too find the price injustifiable for a simple steelbook and digital content that others will get for free, even more if they release Apex II in digital means media instead of a good 'ol paperbook. With the GT5 Collectors Ed. I got a keychain, a nicely detailed Kyosho GT-R and a very thick, very informative piece of paper as well as some digital content no other editon got. That made me feel it was $100 well spent, that's an edition worthy of being special in any way.

They need to clarify a lot of things. Prices and availability of the edition in all regions, what's the Apex guide be like this time, liveries and details of the "special" content, what else are they gonna pack in the steelbook, etc.

Remember that the pre-order deals from stores such as Gamestop and Amazon contain EITHER bonus cars OR 1 million credits.

ONLY the Anniversary Edition contains BOTH cars AND credits.

So I'm paying 20 dollars more for a steel case, some cars that are already available in the game with some (Like the Focus) being rather cheap to begin with and a million dollars.

Mmmno.. I'd rather go and buy an awful bottle of whiskey for that money.

I was going to pre order this then i read that all the cars on offer will be available in game anyway. I decided to keep the money to the side and upgrade my DFGT to a G27 close to game release.

EDIT: If they release something like the GT5 Sig edition with a few more stealths ill think bout buying that though.

My problem with the Anniversary Edition is not the price.

I fear the game may be too easy if I start with 20 cars and 1 million credits.
I enjoyed the challenge in earlier games of only being able to afford one car(MX-5) and having to upgrade slowly due to lack of credits.

On the other hand I will kick myself if those 20 cars are really cool.

Hmm.....

My problem with the Anniversary Edition is not the price.

I fear the game may be too easy if I start with 20 cars and 1 million credits.
I enjoyed the challenge in earlier games of only being able to afford one car(MX-5) and having to upgrade slowly due to lack of credits.

On the other hand I will kick myself if those 20 cars are really cool.

Hmm.....

Those items are awarded to you after you enter a code that comes with the pack - if you don't enter the code you won't have the items.

My plan would be to work your way through A-spec and then when you feel you've "earned" these rewards you can enter the code for the best of both worlds.

Money doesn't really concern me, 20 bucks isn't as big of a deal to me as it probably seems - it's more the principle; what exactly has PD done to earn my additional money? because it sure as heck isn't brand loyalty right about now, which is a bold thing to say considering GT has been with me my entire life and has been a big part of my life.

Those items are awarded to you after you enter a code that comes with the pack - if you don't enter the code you won't have the items.

My plan would be to work your way through A-spec and then when you feel you've "earned" these rewards you can enter the code for the best of both worlds.

Money doesn't really concern me, 20 bucks isn't as big of a deal to me as it probably seems - it's more the principle; what exactly has PD done to earn my additional money? because it sure as heck isn't brand loyalty right about now, which is a bold thing to say considering GT has been with me my entire life and has been a big part of my life.

I agree entirely with this man 👍.

After GT5, I'm really disppointed with PD and GT. I'm buying GT6 just because I originally bought my PS3 just for GT5 and would like to get more out of my console, just so I don't feel like I wasted my money. PD is no longer an underdog dev that diserves our support and understandingand as such I'm not gonna give them my money if I feel it's not worth it.

Here's hoping more people think alike so that they don't get away with it.

Good idea.
In that case I might go for the Gamestop Anniversary Upgrade because I would want the cars but not bothered about the 1 million credits.
And the price is better!

This is what I am going to do sir,GT5 was far too easy starting with the stealth cars.::yuck:

This is what I am going to do sir,GT5 was far too easy starting with the stealth cars.::yuck:

Hopefully you won't be able to overpower the opposition this time round and the opposition provide a sterner test.

You could just use self control and not use you overpowered cars.

Well you could do the leg work and chose a compatible car I suppose, if the PP system is balanced.
I'd rather a decent PP system that filters cars applicable to the race based on power/weight ratio etc. Calculating tire compounds into PP should be a given this time round.

Jumping through hoops and trial and error to find a competitive ride is annoying.

Oh and the AI as well........ Time will tell.

BTW I'm not against anyone else using an X1 in the Sunday cup if they wish, just add it as an option if they must.

I was going to pre order this then i read that all the cars on offer will be available in game anyway. I decided to keep the money to the side and upgrade my DFGT to a G27 close to game release.

EDIT: If they release something like the GT5 Sig edition with a few more stealths ill think bout buying that though.
That's like saying all stealth and chromeline cars were available anyway in GT5.

The cars won't be available in the normal version with the exact same specs.

That's like saying all stealth and chromeline cars were available anyway in GT5.

The cars won't be available in the normal version with the exact same specs.

Might be possible to add the upgrades to recreate them though.

Might be possible to add the upgrades to recreate them though.
It wasn't in GT5 (with the exception of a few chromline cars by buying a certain dlc pack), so I seriously wouldn't hope for that.

It wasn't in GT5, so I seriously wouldn't hope for that.

Funny thing is I never really bothered with those models at all. Not sure if it was the feeling of PD prototypes or the fact I preferred the stock models.

In fact the whole permanent upgrade reasoning they went with, turned me off upgrading any cars. Yes it's nice to have tuned cars for lobbies but I also liked to drive the stock versions too.

Hope upgrade removal is in GT6.

Funny thing is I never really bothered with those models at all. Not sure if it was the feeling of PD prototypes or the fact I preferred the stock models.

In fact the whole permanent upgrade reasoning they went with, turned me off upgrading any cars. Yes it's nice to have tuned cars for lobbies but I also liked to drive the stock versions too.

Hope upgrade removal is in GT6.
Talking about weight reductions and engine stages? Well, I guess they wanted to have it "realistic".

Talking about weight reductions and engine stages? Well, I guess they wanted to have it "realistic".

I don't see it like that though, realistic I mean.
Surely wether I'm upgrading or downgrading a car I'm just modifying it either way.
Is it possible to downgrade your exhausts? I'm not sure. I haven't played since 2.05 (long time).
Certain upgrades didn't alter the weight either if I remember correctly. Not too realistic.

Edit going a bit off topic here too. Oops.

I don't see it like that though, realistic I mean.
Surely wether I'm upgrading or downgrading a car I'm just modifying it either way.
Is it possible to downgrade your exhausts? I'm not sure. I haven't played since 2.05 (long time).
Certain upgrades didn't alter the weight either if I remember correctly. Not too realistic.

Edit going a bit off topic here too. Oops.
Yeah you can use whatever exhaust you want. It's always been like this.

I don't know who Ken Chan is, and whether he has an notable insight at PD or not, but he has said this:
+ Ken Chan on June 24th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Don’t worry, we didn’t forget our core fans that enjoy unlocking cars + upgrades. The 15th Anniversary is meant for a celebration with the fans, giving you unique GT designed vehicles to race online. It doesn’t effect your single player experience at all since racing license are still required, and most of the cars exceed the entry level races
Got from comments section at blog.us.playstation.com

You could just use self control and not use you overpowered cars.

The only OP car is the veyron.

A V8 against a civic is OP.
A V8 against a GTR not so much

Overpowered cars can not be so clear cut

As for the cars they may just be ones with custom paint work and have their horse power modified.

Back