What was he doing before this occured?
Can he pause the game?
What mode did he select?
Etc.

About two hours ago.
No idea.
He left seconds after I joined anyway.
Practice.
It was Monza, to Bathurst and back to Monza. It looked as if we were still at Monza when it said Bathurst, but that reverted again when we went back to Monza.

So everyone who's experienced this. Do we think it's B-Spec related or just a random glitch with no deeper meaning?

It's not B-spec, it's obviously a glitch. Think for a second...
Way to be condescending and blunt... get some manners please.

Anyway, I think it's a random glitch. GT6 can glitch up in the strangest ways sometimes.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive :indiff:
It was just the way you said "think for a second". If there was no offence intended, no worries, the wording just looked blunt and impatient.

I had this happen in GT5, my McLaren F1 set the fastest lap in a free run at the Top Gear test track, and I couldn't even match it's time.

I don't think it's b-spec, I think the game glitches and hands over to the demo AI, which drives your car around at the race menu offline

I think the game thought you paused and it turned auto-driving on, simple as that :)
I think I had this happen to me as well. Definitely at least once both in GT5 and 6.

I think the game thought you paused and it turned auto-driving on, simple as that :)
I think I had this happen to me as well. Definitely at least once both in GT5 and 6.

I have also experienced this phenomenon at Mount Panorama. I agree with Madertus, I thought at the time it was reacting as though I had paused during practice and taken control of the car. The Mount Panorama circuit is notorious for glitching and failing in online racing. Gotten to the stage where very few of us race there now ... DAMMIT!

Thanks for the video evidence @adam46, so much easier to sort this stuff out with visuals, but this "autodrive" thing has happened to me once or twice as well. Just a glitch I think.

Back