GT6 demo leaf vs current GT Academy leaf

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 27 comments
Was the otherone also on comfort hard tyres?
If not that explains the understeer.

And this the NISMO version, may have tweaked suspension.

I don't remember the last one, but this one handles better than I expected. A little power on understeer like you'd expect, but lift off oversteer a-plenty and lots of bite mid-corner...for an electric FF on the hardest tires in the game that is:lol:.

Had a quick back-to-back test and GT6 is a lot stiffer, same entry speed and similar line

gtacademy201396qon.png

granturismo6_20j0rig.png

I will have to have a longer test but on this quick play I prefer the 2013 Academy version, the car just feels better through the corners.

Well it all helps with the realism, doesn't it?

I guess, but if you are going to go with the realism bit, where's the shoes and why is the driving line on? Anyway, to each their own I guess, I just thought the helmet was a bit much myself.

Whistle Snap Your description is pretty much spot on from what I remember too of the physics from the 2013 Academy. I do however favor this physics model over that one. Its like the cars had too much lean in them, for my taste anyway.

Yeah, I think a helmet is way over the top, not to mention very uncomfortable.

I can't remember what the leaf felt like before but seems like it feels better now, then again that could be more to do with the fact that I have played GT6 a lot and I like the track much better than the one we had to drive it on before.

I would still much rather be driving a different car though

The demo one handled exaclty like GT5 one, the only difference was in the animation of the body roll.

Ah, a person wearing a helmet, clearly this man partakes in real world racing events or he would not have such devices at his disposal. Driving real cars is my dream but I do not live that dream, therefore I must mock him to feel superior.

Ah, a person wearing a helmet, clearly this man partakes in real world racing events or he would not have such devices at his disposal. Driving real cars is my dream but I do not live that dream, therefore I must mock him to feel superior.
You mean you don't have a helmet in your daily?

Anyways.. Thinking of the comparison photos, I have noticed body roll, but only inside the interior views. However, that could be the camera moving instead of the car.

Would be interesting to see more photos of comparison..

You mean you don't have a helmet in your daily?

Anyways.. Thinking of the comparison photos, I have noticed body roll, but only inside the interior views. However, that could be the camera moving instead of the car.

Would be interesting to see more photos of comparison..

I'm not the person in the video. I do however own a FIA approved footwear, I play in non FIA approved socks.
I can't envisage myself making a recording of myself playing, but if I did maybe I would put my shoes on just for fun.

Relax, its not even that serious. :rolleyes: We were just having a little fun regarding his video, it wasn't meant as anything personal. And I don't need to mock anybody to feel superior. :rolleyes: Kinda ironic statement isn't it considering what you just posted. :lol: (Since I'm pretty certain that was directed at me since you seem to have an axe to grind with me.)

Last edited:
Relax, its not even that serious. :rolleyes: We were just having a little fun regarding his video. And I don't need to mock anybody to feel superior. :rolleyes: Kinda ironic statement isn't it considering what you just posted. :lol: (Since I'm pretty certain that was directed at me since you seem to have an axe to grind with me.)
Relax, I never quoted you.
Interesting that you should take it to heart and elaborate that you don't make fun or mock him to feel superior but just for the fun of it.

Relax, I never quoted you.
Interesting that you should take it to heart and elaborate that you don't make fun or mock him to feel superior but just for the fun of it.

You didn't have too, it is pretty obvious though who you were talking about. :rolleyes: Like I said, I was just having a little fun with him regarding his video. I don't need to mock anybody to feel superior. That would be a wrong assumption on your part.

You didn't have too, it is pretty obvious though who you were talking about. :rolleyes: Like I said, I was just having a little fun with him regarding his video. I don't need to mock anybody to feel superior. That would be a wrong assumption on your part.

I never assumed anything about you. It is you who assume that my statement regarded you.
But as I mentioned earlier I accept that you were mocking just for fun. Your eagerness to compare yourself to my statement is also duly noted.

Relax, it's not even that serious.

I never assumed anything about you. It is you who assume that my statement regarded you.
But as I mentioned earlier I accept that you were mocking just for fun. Your eagerness to compare yourself to my statement is also duly noted.

Relax, it's not even that serious.

Alright, good enough then. 👍

Yeah, I think a helmet is way over the top, not to mention very uncomfortable.
Couple days ago I downloaded some PCars videos...tremendous by the way in full 1080P 60FPS. In one of the videos, an open cockpit car, I noticed the instrument panel, mirrors and steering wheel were out of focus. The I noticed what looked like a strip of carpet or something on the bottom of the screen. Took me a minute to realize this was a "Inside the Helmet" view and the strip at the bottom was the inside of the helmet!!! Maybe @Brainhulk is just ahead of the curve:lol:

Had a quick back-to-back test and GT6 is a lot stiffer, same entry speed and similar line

gtacademy201396qon.png

granturismo6_20j0rig.png

I will have to have a longer test but on this quick play I prefer the 2013 Academy version, the car just feels better through the corners.

Did the 2013 version also use comfort hard tyres? I can't remember...

Back