GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
For some reason, El Camino's steering wheel is for Chevelle.
View attachment 217825
View attachment 217826

i looked it up and an online store sells this as a reproduction El Camino horn button...
01-5040.jpg

I think this is another case of real world oddity being mixed up with a genuine in game Easter egg

That's basically what he is saying.
Just because its chassis is from Chevelle doesnt mean the steering wheel is also.

Its like a Chevrolet-chassis Vauxhall has a Chevrolet logo on its steering wheel. You get the idea.

Not sure if everyone could classify this as an easter egg,
But the Xsara rally car has a rally event sticker about a 2009 Tokyo R246 Rally Event.
4aTbGYM.jpg

I haven't noticed that before, could it've been added recently or am I blind?

*Let the speculation of 1.12 containing more than one rally begin!*

I haven't noticed that before, could it've been added recently or am I blind?

*Let the speculation of 1.12 containing more than one rally begin!*
Ive seen something like this before. If you take a rally car and go to a rally track or some city tracks then it'll have a sticker like that.

Ive seen something like this before. If you take a rally car and go to a rally track or some city tracks then it'll have a sticker like that.
Hmm... Never drove a Xsara Rally Car on Tokyo R246...
Then again, its not premium.

Last edited:

I know of that (Premium-only thing). Thing is, you can see dirt in the upper right corner of that image, and the lighting makes me think it was taken at Gemasolar (which has just that kind of dirt on the side of the road)..

I seem to remember a GT5 E3 (?) (2009?) (edit: further research points to that being TGS 2009) demo with WRC cars on Tokyo (it's on the back of the GT5 cover as well), so it might just be PD making a reference to that.

I know of that (Premium-only thing). Thing is, you can see dirt in the upper right corner of that image, and the lighting makes me think it was taken at Gemasolar (which has just that kind of dirt on the side of the road)..

I seem to remember a GT5 E3 (?) (2009?) (edit: further research points to that being TGS 2009) demo with WRC cars on Tokyo (it's on the back of the GT5 cover as well), so it might just be PD making a reference to that.
Thats understandable i guess.
But why the Xsara of all the Rally Cars? for all i know they could have used the C4 WRC for the reference, or better yet, the Subaru WRC.

But why the Xsara of all the Rally Cars?

That's what I'm thinking as well. They may have wanted to "hide" it and figured nobody would pay full price for a FF when you can get the 90's A8 WRC for the same price, hence it would be sorta hidden-ish.. at least that's what I'm thinking.

That's what I'm thinking as well. They may have wanted to "hide" it and figured nobody would pay full price for a FF when you can get the 90's A8 WRC for the same price, hence it would be sorta hidden-ish.. at least that's what I'm thinking.
Evidently, people have :lol:

The Xsara is around half the price of the other WRC cars from the same era (150,000cr).

Not sure if everyone could classify this as an easter egg,
But the Xsara rally car has a rally event sticker about a 2009 Tokyo R246 Rally Event.

That's because the standard models were taken from GT PSP (not GT4 like people think). Most rally cars in GT PSP had event stickers from tracks in GT and hence why it says 2009 (the game was released in 2009).

That's because the standard models were taken from GT PSP (not GT4 like people think). Most rally cars in GT PSP had event stickers from tracks in GT and hence why it says 2009 (the game was released in 2009).

Or, PD just edited the sticker on a car that is from GT3. Not that hard really, look at the cars that no longer sport "24 Heures Du Mans".

The Xsara is around half the price of the other WRC cars from the same era (150,000cr).

Long live not checking my facts :dunce:

here a screenshot from gt4.. (catalunya costa brava) View attachment 224467
and this one is from gt5 the quality is bad but you can see the same sticker of tokyo
View attachment 224511

Obviously, I am blind :lol:

Now I'm just speculating again. After seeing this on the Xsara, I took a quick look at some of the other WRC cars, and I didn't find any other event-specific ones. Most of them had a regular sponsor, a Rallye Monte Carlo "parody" (either as in mirrored on the middle, missing something or blurry as..) or Gran Turismo..

So again, why is there a Rally Tokyo R246 2009 sticker on the Xsara, which just happens to be the only F2 kit car?

Sorry for double-posting, but I've found that the Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car has:

1: Grand Canyon sticker on the bonnet (and the plot thickens..)
2: Blurry driver names, one of which I've made out to be K. Ashizawa. Yep, another car, another developers' name.

Except from that, and quite a few parodies of the Rallye Monte Carlo one, there's nothing to report.

Edit: it turns out there is! The premium rally cars will actually have the same, higher texture quality, Rally Tokyo R246 2009 sticker if you use them on, surprise, Tokyo.

Last edited:
With all the rally sticker talk, I figured I'd get some photos to go along with it.

Premium rally car at Gemasolar.
Gemasolar_3_zps5053adb0.jpg

Tokyo
TokyoR246_2_zpsf6b23bd3.jpg

Chamonix
Chamonix-East_zps25c7e6c4.jpg

Toscana
Toscana_zpse5e827df.jpg

Eiger
EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_zps38484446.jpg

Those were the only tracks I seen, that had a "custom" sticker. I checked several tracks.

Of course the standard cars keep their same sticker no matter what. Here's just a couple.
TokyoR246_1_zpse25ebd37.jpg

Gemasolar_2_zpsc5deacf1.jpg

MMX
With all the rally sticker talk, I figured I'd get some photos to go along with it.

Premium rally car at Gemasolar.
Gemasolar_3_zps5053adb0.jpg

Tokyo
TokyoR246_2_zpsf6b23bd3.jpg

Chamonix
Chamonix-East_zps25c7e6c4.jpg

Toscana
Toscana_zpse5e827df.jpg

Eiger
EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_zps38484446.jpg

Those were the only tracks I seen, that had a "custom" sticker. I checked several tracks.
Wow, i never noticed the textures are like that...
*scrolls down*
OH MY GOD THOSE CLOSE UPS LOOK HORRID :ill:

Back to topic, why does "Rallye Chamonix" have the year 2004 written on it?
And i never noticed that a Tokyo R246 "custom" rally sticker actually existed!

Back