GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
Not an Easter Egg but an unfortunate observation. I noticed that rally car liveries take a hammering on dedicated rally circuits due to the additional effects of snow and dust. Seeing them side-by-side thanks to @MMX shows just how detrimental these effects are on the texture clarity.

See his post here from earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
1912211_705201136222607_1994004118259012064_o.jpg

I bet one of PD employee is a big fan of that anime series, someone edit AI name and put his name there before publishing the game!

Last edited:
10547897_10201521914810349_5279072241421905932_o.jpg

Just saw my friend from Instagram took a picture of an easter egg on HEM G35. Why use Fat PS3 when we currently have Super Slim?
That was from GT5 which was released in 2010. PD kept the same car model for GT6 along with every other premium car that was in GT5.

Which is pretty funny, considering they removed all of the WEC logos and mentions on the TS030 itself.
It's not just the WEC.
At La Sarthe 2013, there were signs on the back straight's grandstands reading "Mission 2014: Our return."

Could that be a sign that the 919 Hybrid and 991 RSR will soon end up in GT6?

Which is pretty funny, considering they removed all of the WEC logos and mentions on the TS030 itself.

It's not just the WEC.
At La Sarthe 2013, there were signs on the back straight's grandstands reading "Mission 2014: Our return."

Its simple: Track licensing works much differently from car licensing. Its no sudden indication that Porsche is coming to GT, its just part of the track licensing.

Its simple: Track licensing works much differently from car licensing. Its no sudden indication that Porsche is coming to GT, its just part of the track licensing.

Somewhat. But it largely depends on howthe copyright holders of the logo go about handling their licensing. If the track has authority to license those logo's as part of the track design, thats one thing. But there has been plenty of signage at various tracks in GT that has changed or been removed directly because of licensing disputes.

In the case of the WEC, it was the FIA telling them to remove all of the logos on the car because GT6 is not a licensed FIA WEC game.

I think what is probably more likely the case here, is that the FIA track certification for GT6 that PD entered into with the FIA, a couple months back, probably allowed the usage of that WEC, and FIA logos on the track signage. But because the car is not part of the track license, and the WEC logos on it are specific to the WEC series licensing, which outside of LeMans and the ACO licensing, the FIA probably took issue with it so as not to promote the idea that GT6 was an official WEC game. Much in the same way that there are no WRC logos on any of the rally cars in the game either. Aside from the tracks, i dont think that there is anything FIA specific on any of the cars.

It's not just the WEC.

No. That is just a Porsche advertisement that was present at the track. Right for public domain advertisements is completely different than 3rd party licensing for likeness and logo.

PD could put all the Porsche adverts into the game they want. Its not going to change the fact that they cant put Porsche cars into the game.

I'm not sure if this should go into the "Undocumented Changes" thread or not, but I've noticed that since Version 1.11 came out, if a Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 is among the AI cars for the 24 Minutes of the Nurburgring race it will be painted white instead of silver (Also without a number)... I'll post photos of this as soon as I can.

Nothing in life is simple anymore... Was it ever? :nervous:

No. That's like saying "The Delta S4 has martini stripes so do we get free Martinis if we buy GT6?"

Only if they are shhhhhaken, not stirred... :lol:

I'm not sure if this should go into the "Undocumented Changes" thread or not, but I've noticed that since Version 1.11 came out, if a Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 is among the AI cars for the 24 Minutes of the Nurburgring race it will be painted white instead of silver (Also without a number)... I'll post photos of this as soon as I can.

If that is correct that is a pretty impressive spot as it sounds a rather obscure change unless you are an avid fan of that particular car and pay particular attention to it... 👍

If that is correct that is a pretty impressive spot as it sounds a rather obscure change unless you are an avid fan of that particular car and pay particular attention to it... 👍

OK, well, I've ran the 24 Minutes of The Nurburgeing race at least three times today and I have not been able to get that car to appear again (And if anyone was wondering, the white paint didn't show up on the entry list the first time I thought I spotted it either)... I'm starting to wonder if my eyes were just playing tricks on me, or if the headlights of the car I was driving made the Silver paint shine abnormally bright or something.

Back