The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Annoying screw up:

15th anniversary GT86 can't be used in the GT86 vs BRZ one make race.

Actually, the 15th anniversary GT86 is above the PP limit for that one make race. The limit is 430 PP while the Anniversary car is 446 PP standard.

The Nova SS shifts like an automatic but has 4 gears, which suggests it should be a manual transmission. The AAR Cuda shifts like a manual but only has 3 gears which suggests it's an automatic transmission. The El Camino shifts like a manual also but only has 2 gears which suggests it's a powerglide automatic transmission.

Not a the-end-of-the-world problem, but still. Does PD lack a research guy or something?

I have my copy and haven't booted it up yet just because of all the news I'm hearing. I'd give it a week or two and see if we get one of PD's major patches before I dive in.

It would seem PD didn't have someone on staff to play through the game after development. These are some major glitches!

I think Sony happened. Something about how this game was suddenly announced and released doesn't seem right. I think PD didn't have enough time to polish the game and were rushed to release it.

True, but if you bring the PP down, it still doesn't let you use it.

There's also the fact the 15th anniversary car isn't in the list of cars eligible. Only the BZR-S, GT86, GT86 "racing" and I think a GT86 Race car.

I cannot redeem my 15th anniversary cars. It claims that there's either error in the input code or the code isn't valid. Could it be due the fact that it's an euro account while I am in US..?

The Nova SS shifts like an automatic but has 4 gears, which suggests it should be a manual transmission. The AAR Cuda shifts like a manual but only has 3 gears which suggests it's an automatic transmission. The El Camino shifts like a manual also but only has 2 gears which suggests it's a powerglide automatic transmission.

Not a the-end-of-the-world problem, but still. Does PD lack a research guy or something?

PD; messing up (gearboxes) since 1997.

I completed National B Freshman Silverstone and golded it and got three stars. I then quit the game and redid the event. This time I came second. The "your record" symbol for that track is now a silver trophy, even though it out to be a gold. I still have three stars for that event, however.

New Glitch! Al alfa romeo wasn't jump!

52a37a327a23f-Matterhorn_Rotenboden.jpg

52a37a5655932-Matterhorn_Rotenboden_1.jpg

Not sure if this is GT6 or my console itself,but for some reason it is not reading my disc anymore.

I tried it last night and it worked. Updated over night, showed my brother some cars this morning and it worked as it should.

Just tried to put it in again and my console starts making these weird clicking noises,then it makes that noise kind of like when your ejecting the disc, but it doesn't eject. If I press the eject button, it ejects just fine and there appears to be nothing wrong with the disc when I look at it but it will not let me play it at all, doesn't even show up! :nervous: I tried GT5 and it worked as it should and I can assume other games will too, but why isn't GT6 working?

Anyone else having this problem?!?!?!?!

EDIT: Shortly after typing this post it suddenly started working again. :odd: However I still need an explanation to this incase it does it again.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is GT6 or my console itself,but for some reason it is not reading my disc anymore.

I tried it last night and it worked. Updated over night, showed my brother some cars this morning and it worked as it should.

Just tried to put it in again and my console starts making these weird clicking noises,then it makes that noise kind of like when your ejecting the disc, but it doesn't eject. If I press the eject button, it ejects just fine and there appears to be nothing wrong with the disc when I look at it but it will not let me play it at all, doesn't even show up! :nervous: I tried GT5 and it worked as it should and I can assume other games will too, but why isn't GT6 working?

EDIT: Shortly after typing this post it suddenly started working again. :odd: However I still need an explanation to this incase it does it again.

I had that happen the very first time I put the game in. Did it like three or four times in a row. Finally, I put it in one more time, went outside to smoke, came back in and it was loaded and working. Been working ever since. Really don't know what the issue was, but its working now so....

Actually, the 15th anniversary GT86 is above the PP limit for that one make race. The limit is 430 PP while the Anniversary car is 446 PP standard.
Actually, you can make it below 430pp which makes no difference because I don't believe it's actually on the actual ALLOWED CARS list.

Audio is cutting off & on while driving the A spec Night Masters event with a 91 NSX, finished the race & restarted the PS3. Doesn't seem to be happening again.

Actually, you can make it below 430pp which makes no difference because I don't believe it's actually on the actual ALLOWED CARS list.
I already adressed that:
There's also the fact the 15th anniversary car isn't in the list of cars eligible. Only the BZR-S, GT86, GT86 "racing" and I think a GT86 Race car.

It was just a few posts down from my earlier one ;)

I think Sony happened. Something about how this game was suddenly announced and released doesn't seem right. I think PD didn't have enough time to polish the game and were rushed to release it.
Strongly agree. I guess all we can do is wait. Perhaps we should just call all these series of surprises "The Gran Turismo Experience".

Now I'm beginning to wonder if that stutter or pause at the end of every race is some sort of "photo finish" effect, since the checkered flag is still waving. Nevertheless, it's jarring.

Just got the game - been playing all day with no problems (once I got through the update) However the on National A Licence Test A-4 - accelerating out of the last corner before the line, the car kept going from 3rd into neutral - (G25 using paddle shift) with no input from me. Happened about six / seven times. Fluffed my times ever single time. Eventually got gold - but it was annoying while it was happening. Game has performed perfectly since. Just seemed to be that one test.

Strange one...

You're not alone there, exactly what you described happens to me when I've booted the PS3 with the disc still in the device. I have to eject it and put it back in, and even then I have to manually select the disc in the XMB to start it up

Last edited:
I've come across a glitch/error at the screen where you put your name into the spaces whenever you first start the game, and it never let's me put my name into it. Can anyone please help me with this, as I would really enjoy playing this game :(

Sound went out of sync for me. There was approx. a 2-3 second lag from the event to the sound. Started the game up a few hours later and it froze at the entry disclaimer. PS3 had to go through its' error check and it appears ok now.

Back