The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
after 1.06, on entering Apricot Hill 20 minute challenge using the Rocket, it freezes at the opening video sequence which shows all the cars in a line heading to the start line. only way out is to power off.

most annoying

Since 1.06, car thumbnails are yet again bugged... if you create/refresh a thumbnail now, it will be slightly distorted. To be precise, it will display too narrow. This also applies to the profile thumbnail in your garage list. If you have the same model several times, this is easy to notice. It is also pretty clear that the pre-1.06 made thumbnails have the correct proportions.

This is the second time PD messed up the thumbnails. First time was on 1.00/1.01, thumbnails had a cold blue tint and lighting was different (worse). This got corrected in 1.02.

Last edited:
I just had a very odd glitch in the red bull standard. The sound bugged out for the engine and tires, and when I went to chack the race effect volume, it was in red...

Don't know if mentioned before, but when you lower the premium Alpine all the way down, the rear tire's go through the fender's. You can see the tread of the tire and everything.

If nobody found it already, sometimes your login bonus will just randomly disappear in game, despite not being disconnected from the internet at any point.

Honestly they could make it so you don't have to be online for your bonus to persist while it counts down if you don't reconnect.

Edit: Now my 5 day bonus just refuses to kick in period.

Last edited:
I just had a very odd glitch in the red bull standard. The sound bugged out for the engine and tires, and when I went to chack the race effect volume, it was in red...
That's been like that since they (red bull races) came out. It usually happens on Rome for me.

Don't know if mentioned before, but when you lower the premium Alpine all the way down, the rear tire's go through the fender's. You can see the tread of the tire and everything.
:lol: I gotta try that out

I'm not able to join ANY lobby at all. It just loads to about 1% then it says some ********. First, I could atleast join some lobbies. But now as I said before, I can't join a single one. Soooo, I have NO reason AT ALL playing the game because there's literally nothing to do... I love GT6...

My Buggati has a crazy glitch. When I make the ride height max and go over 380kmh the car starts spinning out like it has comfort soft tires on :/

after 1.06, on entering Apricot Hill 20 minute challenge using the Rocket, it freezes at the opening video sequence which shows all the cars in a line heading to the start line. only way out is to power off.

most annoying
I have the excact same thing happening in the brz and M3 GT2 base model cars.

After I installed 1.06 the Square, Triangel, X and O-button stop working (the D-pad still works). I use the DFGT and also tried the controller but it's the same issue on both. Since the malfunctional buttons works in the ps3 xmb menu and in every other games i've tried, the issue is clearly GT6 exclusive.

By switching from one contoller to another, the system activates the X-button once. Maybe I can use this trick to trottle my car around the Ring...or not!

Anyone else noticed that the Pozzi Camaro is grossly underpowered? Everywhere I look it says it should be producing 610-620bhp, but even with an oil change it makes just over 500bhp.

The track has... gone

BlsWg9kIMAAxZ4O.jpg

I went around again and then the only thing showing was the track.

:scared:

It is just me or cars now dont lift up dirt in dirty tracks while youre not in replay camera? I mean interior cam, bump rear cam etc.

Today I've re-played Brands hatch 15 laps race in S and every time (3 times in a row) race ended and replay kicked in GT6 / PS3 freezes at same spot ,after maybe 10 sec of replay.
Had to power off PS3 and listen to three beps...
Finaly , 4th time I've skiped replay and everything vent ok. After that I've tried to watch replay and got freeze again :D.

PS3 is Slim 120gb and 'till now (1.06) no problems > some reboots ,but nothing to mention and I can't remember that I've had any freeze when I was playing that event before.

add. tried that bh S event again today and replay works ok (no freeze...) , contrary to yesterdays experience :D

add.2. played some more and seems that problem (freeze) occur only when using NSX base car in that event (Brands hatch 15 laps race in S) :D. If I use any other car it is OK.

I've had it do the same thing to me twice now with the Bilstein Audi... I've had it freeze once in the intro clip and once in the auto replay at the end of the race... Poop...

It's a fun race, but the money would've been nice, too!

Already mentioned?

On the Impreza GT300 Base Model '08 the rearview mirrors in cockpit view seem to be set for a left-hand car, but the car is right-hand drive. After a while it gets boring just looking at the scenery at the left of the road behind me...

During online training, qualifying or racing sessions or during replay only the "starting" tire type of the other drivers is shown in the tire wear indicator or the live timing although they change the tire type during pit stop.

In this week's (24 Apr) seasonal events, the Range Rover Evoque was wrongly referred to as 'Evoke'. The typo is in the notifications, title and description of the seasonal event.

PS3 hard locks upon S Apricot Hill 20 minute race load. It gets to the race being loaded and as soon as the screen comes up prior to start countdown, the PS3 hard locks. Requires hard boot and file check.

It's crashing whenever I go to the dealership to buy a car.
Everthing is fine until I try to view a car to purchase, then the sound disappears, car doesn't show up, but the rest of the screen is as normal.
When I try to go out to the menu there is only a black screen and sometimes it freezes, but I always have reset the PS3.
So far it's only the Nissan dealership.
But this has never happened before and my disc is in perfect condition.
I've viewed cars successfully at Nissan before.
Is it a 1.06 fault or do I have to get another GT6 disc?

Any help will be appreciated as GT6 is unplayable for me at the moment.

Everthing is fine until I try to view a car to purchase, then the sound disappears, car doesn't show up, but the rest of the screen is as normal.
When I try to go out to the menu there is only a black screen and sometimes it freezes, but I always have reset the PS3.

When I had the problem mentioned here,
PS3 hard locks upon S Apricot Hill 20 minute race load. It gets to the race being loaded and as soon as the screen comes up prior to start countdown, the PS3 hard locks. Requires hard boot and file check.

I did a google search to refind the instructions for cleaning up the PS3 file system here and after I did what that page describes, the race that was locking up my PS3, didn't. I haven't beat it yet, but I was able to complete the race.

most annoying

I've tried the same event with two different cars and it freezes at the same point each time.

Edit:
When I had the problem mentioned here,

I did a google search to refind the instructions for cleaning up the PS3 file system here and after I did what that page describes, the race that was locking up my PS3, didn't. I haven't beat it yet, but I was able to complete the race.

I tried the two methods listed in that link and the race still locked up at the same point for me. No luck there.

Last edited:

Clearing the cache worked for me thankfully.
:-)

Back