The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Photo0030.jpg

I'm also getting freezes requiring a hard shutdown while taking pictures of cars during a free run on Mt Panorama/

I am getting consistent freezes when in camera mode at Mount Panorama also.

I'm trying to get good shots at The Dipper.

Here is a screen capture of one example. It is very repeatable with different cars, different events and in both 1080i and 720p mode.

When I quit the game, the PS3 gives 3 beeps and reboots. However, I'm not seeing the messages about sending stuff to Sony or fixing the file system. The reboot is "clean".

I had one glitch where my Pontiac Firebird would not move at all. I could rev the engine and steer, but that was it. I was not using the brakes. Oh, it was on Bathurst (in an online room)

I am getting consistent freezes when in camera mode at Mount Panorama also.

I'm trying to get good shots at The Dipper.

Here is a screen capture of one example. It is very repeatable with different cars, different events and in both 1080i and 720p mode.

When I quit the game, the PS3 gives 3 beeps and reboots. However, I'm not seeing the messages about sending stuff to Sony or fixing the file system. The reboot is "clean".

I'm still getting freezes while taking pictures at Mt Panorama after 1.07. After 1-2 minutes of taking pictures, the sound stops and then the game freezes 5-10 seconds later. This all occurs when I play free run from the garage and then take pictures during the running of a saved replay of that free run. It doesn't seem to matter which car I use either.

Tonight I was able to bring up the PS button options and select "quit game" after the freeze. The whole PS3 shutdown and restarted though. Upon restart, I do see the "report to Sony" option and did again tonight.

Has the shifter bug been fix yet? (i.e. when using standard cars w/ custom dog tranny, you can't use clutch or shifter, only paddles).
Cant believe this is still not fixed. Using standard cars with custom transmissions is pretty much pointless for clutch users.

I don't know if this is a new glitch.

On Motegi, the long one, I set the start time very early so the online race would commence prior to dawn. Since, for some reason, the sun rises very early* at Motegi, I set the start the at about 3:00AM or maybe 3:30.

However, the 40 seconds of "practice" started at about 5:30 or later, with the sun well over the horizon. This time varied, seemingly picked up from the actual start tme of the previous race. When the race actually begins, the clock is set to the requested time.

* maybe because Japan is "the land of the rising sun".

I don't know if this has been posted, but this is a glitch I found in the final race of the Group GT3:

image.jpg

The 6th placer GT-R didn't have the gap time....

I've noticed that, when using the "Display Car Name" function in online events, it will keep the name of the first car my competitors will use, so if they switch to another vehicle, I won't know until I see them on track, because it will still say the name of whatever car they used first and not the one they're currently in.

Another bug I had was when I was attempting to type a message while on track. The race began starting before I could finish the message, and when we lined up to start the race... I had no HUD! This wouldn't normally be too much of a problem if I was using an auto transmission, but I was driving manual and had a piano playing in the background that prevented me from seeing and hearing what gear I was in. I was driving the Mercedes AMG VGT Racing Series if if matters. I switched between all of the views and the HUD never returned until the next race.

I had a private lobby with one friend. Opened the lobby with 100% weather, but before the race I adjusted that to 0%.

When we went into practice, I was driving in torrential rain while my friend was enjoying sunshine.

When the actual race started, we both had sunshine, the track was still visually wet (spray), yet the percentage of track wetness was zero.

This was on the 1980s version of Monza.

@GBO Possum that happen to me but on nordschleife i put the time to day and for me the track are at night and for others are day but when driving that guys who see the track at day change suddenly to night

I've been having tires "bounce" while driving on mostly flat surfaces creating a sudden loss of traction.

This is the biggest "bounce" I've found reviewing back in replays.

2mrtma8.jpg

opd5c1.jpg

Why PD? Why?

10462707_553423454770527_2796184302069837359_n.jpg

Bought from dealer with color that didn't have ugly stripes.

Went to paint car the color I wanted and it gets stripes. Gets them even if I decide to repaint it with the same color it was bought with.

10415650_553423451437194_8264723292062308979_n.jpg

This isn't the only car this happens.

2011 bmw gt2 base model - if anyone else noticed when you step on the brake depending on what track your on it turns your head lights on untill you let off again lol i get stick for flashing at people mid race and its not even my fault :'( lol

5.1 sound (optical)
I had the same problem in GT5 after one of the later updates.

When switching the camera view from inside of the car to chase camera, the sound should change too according to what view is used. Instead it is mixed up as I can hear the chase cam sound and the interior cam sound at the same time. It can go to normal after a gear change or completely random but it's really annoying, so I have to use 4.1 sound. =(

Was watching a replay of an online race at the Red Bull Ring, I noticed that the rear view mirror was missing from the bumper view, and the fast forward/rewind buttons would only skip a whole lap rather than a sector. Also if you restart the replay, the signal lights do not reset.

These problems only happen for me at this track.

I just checked my Status page and noticed that after 1.09, my percentage of completion has gone from 100% to 99%.

I've gotten gold on everything from licences to coffee breaks to the Senna section. There is nothing else that I can finish. (Not that I believe they add to this tally, but ) I've completed the latest seasonals too.

Has Anyone else been demoted from 100% completion to 99%?

This is a new glitch as of 1.09. Prior to this update, I had 100% completion of the game (as displayed in the status section). I wondered why, a while after the update, it went down to 99% completion.

I've now found out why. If you finish second in a career mode race that you previously had won, your trophy marker outside the event now turns to a silver trophy. Accordingly, the game considers you not to have fully completed the event.

Effectively, if one so desired, he could wind back your game to 0% by entering and losing every race. This is something PD really should have picked up before releasing it in 1.09.

Edit: The single race that I had been given a silver trophy for was Apricot Hill of the Standard Red Bull Championship. After trying the event again and winning that race, it has returned to gold and my status is 100% again. Interestingly, even though I lost the fourth race in this championship, the associated trophy for the fourth race remained gold.

Last edited:
The short description for the Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99 says:
This next-generation rear-wheel-drive Sylvia was all about driving excitement.
I found that quite amusing to be honest.

Back