The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Apologies if this has already been posted - when trimming the power level down in order to reduce the PP to match the amount allowed by a race, the game does not show the PP reducing - the result is that you have to keep going back in to alter the power level to match the allowed PP - it took 20 attempts to get the Mercedes Vision from 584PP to 580PP.

I haven't got my copy of the game yet, but noticed this when watching a friend play GT6 earlier today.

I had that happen the very first time I put the game in. Did it like three or four times in a row. Finally, I put it in one more time, went outside to smoke, came back in and it was loaded and working. Been working ever since. Really don't know what the issue was, but its working now so....
Mine did it the 3rd time I played it, it hasn't done it anymore thankfully but I still wonder why it did it in the 1st place.
You're not alone there, exactly what you described happens to me when I've booted the PS3 with the disc still in the device. I have to eject it and put it back in, and even then I have to manually select the disc in the XMB to start it up
I have my PS3 set where it won't automatically start the game when I insert one. It wouldn't even show up when I tried to play it.

I feel this is a game issue and not a console issue. I hope there is an explanation for this.

When i take a picture in replay it glitches the hdmi input so my screen comes up with the "1920 x 1080" in the top left corner like when you change AV inputs.
It also does it when you save the photo.
yeah it's annoying.
Does anyone know why the drivers names are shown rather than nicknames in online racing? Is this a bug or a change of policy?
I don't know, but I just named my self "The Doctor"

Don't think the real names thing is a bug. I quite like it, gives the racing that more realistic feel.

Was also used in Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Had to start over from this glitch.

Game semi froze on me when starting the 1st race in the GT Compact Car Championship race. I say semi froze because I could hear the noise from the game like the cars driving around the track and I could also bring up the screen to quit the game. Gave it around 5 mins to see if it was going to go and it didn't. So I figured I'll just quit the the game and load it back up. So I did and when I got back it said I needed a update for the game that took about 30 seconds. I was in a S2000 and it still said I was in a S2000, but if I tried to click on anything it said I needed to get in a car. I had 144k so I bought a car, but when I looked at my garage all of my cars were gone except the one I just bought. All of the races I unlocked previously were still unlocked including the Goodwood, Lunar Exploration, all Novice, National B, and National A races, but they didn't have any stars like I never raced them.

I tried everything to get it to work, but it didn't. I learned that when you quit the game like I did it automatically makes a backup of the point you quit so both my save and backup save had the problem. It wouldn't be so bad, but it took my 15th Anni cars also. To get them back I had to start all over again and erase that save completely.

Does anyone know why the drivers names are shown rather than nicknames in online racing? Is this a bug or a change of policy?

I might have to change my GT6 name to something like Gary OTMAXPOWER so everyone on my friends list knows who I am :D

Mine did it the 3rd time I played it, it hasn't done it anymore thankfully but I still wonder why it did it in the 1st place.
I have my PS3 set where it won't automatically start the game when I insert one. It wouldn't even show up when I tried to play it.

I feel this is a game issue and not a console issue. I hope there is an explanation for this.

To me, these instances remind me of what would happen in GT5 when my disc was dirty. It would do the very same thing as described here. I would clean it, then all would be well. Not suggesting that the cause of these problems are because of a dirty disc, (obviously because everyones disc is new) but it could be a slight flaw on the disc that was put there during the printing process. Back when I used to burn DVD's, I would have the same thing happen to random DVD's every so often.

Had a glitch happen when switching exhausts with the C7 Stingray. I had bought all exhausts for the C7 because I knew from experience I wouldn't be happy with any of them and would have to find the best sound lol. I switched to racing exhaust as default and....:crazy:. So proceeded during the race to restart and switch to the semi racing exhaust. Sounded pretty good and left it on that. Well when I went to the next race in the Cup I was racing, the sound had defaulted to the racing exhaust sound sample. I restarted and went to car settings and it showed semi racing still...:odd: No matter what I changed it to for that particular race it kept that same sound sample for all exhaust types. The only way to fix the situation was to re install a different exhaust in my garage to get the desired sound for that particular exhaust.

Best way to avoid this glitch I found was to just leave the stock exhaust on that particular car and it didn't happen again. Not sure if this happens on other cars, but the C7 was the only one I had really paid attention to.

Also I had some sound cutting in and out at certain intervals during racing as well.

I noticed that the replay menu bar sometimes cannot be activated during single race replays in Arcade Mode (may apply to Career Mode races too). Eventually, the only solution there seems to be is to leave the replay and start it again.

While that is no deal breaker I simply refuse to embark on the game before some of the reported issues get fixed.

I noticed that the replay menu bar sometimes cannot be activated during single race replays in Arcade Mode (may apply to Career Mode races too). Eventually, the only solution there seems to be is to leave the replay and start it again.

While that is no deal breaker I simply refuse to embark on the game before some of the reported issues get fixed.
It seems that you can't use the menu bar in any of the replays that automatically play after a race, you have to exit and play it manually.

Ive had the pause AI driver go round the track flat out after going into and out of pause. The ai didnt return control to me and put the foot down lol, had to pit to get control back.

Next race the hud dissapeared completely, i drove better than ever lol.

Is the loading in GT6 realllllly slow for anyone else? Especially the time from hitting the "checkered flag" (to start the race or license test), it takes literally 1-2 minutes of loading before the race or test actually begins.

Im on a freshly reformatted slim PS3.

Is the loading in GT6 realllllly slow for anyone else? Especially the time from hitting the "checkered flag" (to start the race or license test), it takes literally 1-2 minutes of loading before the race or test actually begins.

Im on a freshly reformatted slim PS3.

I haven't seen it slower than GT5 yet, mostly faster.

Found this one to.

It says it's a 400pp cup, but in entry requirements you can have 500pp

ezeou9.jpg
I juat saw that when i was playing 15 min ago

I haven't seen it slower than GT5 yet, mostly faster.

Worst loading I found so far was playing multiplayer with my son. When the race is loading, it took upwards of a few minutes to finally get into the race. Other than that, the loading has been really nice.

To me, these instances remind me of what would happen in GT5 when my disc was dirty. It would do the very same thing as described here. I would clean it, then all would be well. Not suggesting that the cause of these problems are because of a dirty disc, (obviously because everyones disc is new) but it could be a slight flaw on the disc that was put there during the printing process. Back when I used to burn DVD's, I would have the same thing happen to random DVD's every so often.
Really, that's interesting. I believe the disc printing is the issue as well, I have had my PS3 for nearly 3 years and never had any problems until now. Personally I would rather it be the disc having problems than the console of course. The game obviously doesn't have any scratches but I did clean it with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol and it still didn't work. I wonder if the PS3 has to "adapt" to the game when you get it.....

Thanks for the replies. Not sure if its the game or my system. Overall the speed is about GT5, its just starting each race/test that is taking forever. I have had it lock on me once when loading the 3 race of a 3 race series as well. 1-2 minutes to start a race is pretty crazy I think.

Worst loading I found so far was playing multiplayer with my son. When the race is loading, it took upwards of a few minutes to finally get into the race. Other than that, the loading has been really nice.

Really, that's interesting. I believe the disc printing is the issue as well, I have had my PS3 for nearly 3 years and never had any problems until now. Personally I would rather it be the disc having problems than the console of course. The game obviously doesn't have any scratches but I did clean it with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol and it still didn't work. I wonder if the PS3 has to "adapt" to the game when you get it.....

You know, as silly as it sounds, I was thinking the same thing. :lol: Like I said earlier, once it got past the loading point for me, all has been fine so far. Who knows, but I would definitely put my money on it being a disc problem as opposed to it being a console problem. Now if none of your games loaded and Blu-ray movies wouldn't play, then I would say its the laser but that's not the case here, at least for me. When mine wouldn't load, I stuck in 3 different games plus a movie and all worked fine so it was definitely the disc that was having issues.

Hm, well glad we got the replacement deal. We asked if it covered mishaps that may occur as a result of having a new kitten in the house. :lol: And they said "yes" - if the kitten did something nasty with the disc, they'd replace it. So I forked over the extra $3. :lol:
Assuming this would cover a flaw like that. Though it should be replaceable anyway if the game comes with a flaw, right?

Though, thus far I didn't have any issues.
But in my experience, it doesn't take much to have such issues. A small smudge of something in the right spot seems to be enough to monkey with certain disc data. How many of us actually wash our hands & blot them dry with a fresh towel carefully immediately before handling game discs? (Okay so some persnickety people probably do. ;))

It reminds me of how a few years ago (not that many actually), I had this old Sega game player that the friend who had the apt I had had before me, had left behind. And I started using it to listen to CD audio books from the library. :lol: It was working fine for that purpose. And then, right in the middle of what I was listening to (Mysterious Mr. Quinn - if anyone's interested :sly:), it made a weird noise garbling the narrator, and shut the entire thing down. I turned it back on, and tried to continue from that spot, and at that spot, it powered down again. Usually a dirty CD from the library would simply skip. But I took the CD out to inspect it under a light, and noticed a glob of what looked like strawberry jam. :lol: It was so near the center of the disc I had trouble imagining how it was causing the problem early in the recording, but then I don't really know how data is physically stored on discs. I cleaned it off, and it worked fine the rest of the time.

But anyway the reason I think of that is because sometimes minor flaws in discs might be a problem with the actual player (or game system as the case may be). As the optical reader might degrade for reading the disc, it could become more sensitive to problems with the given disc.
So I'm thinking that problems with the disc, might be yes, the disc, but also with the machine trying to play the disc in combination.

In short, I wouldn't rule out a problem with console, unfortunately.

I found another glitch/error... Whenever it lets me buy my first car, it freezes on the screen where it shows you the car after you buy it, and I just fixed a glitch earlier... Why is it doing this?

Edit: My game is still frozen, even since I posted this 30 minutes ago....

Last edited:
Ok, here's one (pics can be put up in a bit).

HSV-010, in the "Car Settings" screen, under Power, you can choose low rpm turbo, or mid-rpm turbo... both of which increase power by the same amount(?). But it gets better.

In the "Custom Parts" section, under engine (or whatever), the low rpm turbo isn't available, and the mid and high rpm versions are.

Lastly, I bought the mid, then realised there was a high, but when I changed back to mid, there's no way to re-select high because when you purchase it it offers to install it, however once you're off the high rpm again, its not visible in the car settings screen.

Hm, well glad we got the replacement deal. We asked if it covered mishaps that may occur as a result of having a new kitten in the house. :lol: And they said "yes" - if the kitten did something nasty with the disc, they'd replace it. So I forked over the extra $3. :lol:
Assuming this would cover a flaw like that. Though it should be replaceable anyway if the game comes with a flaw, right?

Though, thus far I didn't have any issues.
But in my experience, it doesn't take much to have such issues. A small smudge of something in the right spot seems to be enough to monkey with certain disc data. How many of us actually wash our hands & blot them dry with a fresh towel carefully immediately before handling game discs? (Okay so some persnickety people probably do. ;))

It reminds me of how a few years ago (not that many actually), I had this old Sega game player that the friend who had the apt I had had before me, had left behind. And I started using it to listen to CD audio books from the library. :lol: It was working fine for that purpose. And then, right in the middle of what I was listening to (Mysterious Mr. Quinn - if anyone's interested :sly:), it made a weird noise garbling the narrator, and shut the entire thing down. I turned it back on, and tried to continue from that spot, and at that spot, it powered down again. Usually a dirty CD from the library would simply skip. But I took the CD out to inspect it under a light, and noticed a glob of what looked like strawberry jam. :lol: It was so near the center of the disc I had trouble imagining how it was causing the problem early in the recording, but then I don't really know how data is physically stored on discs. I cleaned it off, and it worked fine the rest of the time.

But anyway the reason I think of that is because sometimes minor flaws in discs might be a problem with the actual player (or game system as the case may be). As the optical reader might degrade for reading the disc, it could become more sensitive to problems with the given disc.
So I'm thinking that problems with the disc, might be yes, the disc, but also with the machine trying to play the disc in combination.

In short, I wouldn't rule out a problem with console, unfortunately.

I see what you're saying, but in my case, my console is fairly new and plays everything else with no problems at all. And, it only had that slight hiccup with GT6. So, in my case anyway, I firmly believe it to be a disc issue.

As for your question, yes, if the disc itself is found to have a flaw in it after purchasing, it is returnable. The return time may vary from store to store, but I have never had a problem returning defective games, CD's, or DVD's. I even once returned a whole spindle of blank DVD+R's because they would not record data on them. I later found out why and it was because of a different manufacturing process used by that certain manufacturer which made them incompatible with my DVD burner. Its a long and technical story on how discs are made and the different processes, but that was the culprit. You just never know I guess.

Back