GT6 Home for Android

• Thread starter TheRedStig
  • 79 comments
United States
Colorado Springs
Srivers33
Hey guys, I just released my newest app GT6 Tunes and Tips, or simply your GT6 Home for mobile. It has everything you want. Wallpapers, Unlimited Tune Saving, Track Specific Tuning, Trophy CheckList, Latest News from Google and GTP, Links to all the best garages, GT6 sites, threads, and coming soon, a Base Tune Generator, Driving Tips and more GT6 Gear. I'm planning on lots and lots more features as well as a full walkthrough. Give it a look. New content coming every day or every other day as I play through the game.

Download

Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-25-22.png Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-27-14.png Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-25-31.png Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-25-37.png
Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-26-12.png Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-25-51.png Screenshot_2013-12-05-22-38-11.png Screenshot_2013-12-03-12-26-30.png

I'll Keep the second post here as a changelog. If you have any problems with it LET ME KNOW PLEASE. I'll be happy to fix whatever the issue is and send you a fixed version for your device.

Tablet version isn't ready yet but will be soon!

Below are some simple banners anyone can use if they'd like! The second ones say the same as the previous ones just transparent.
blacktuner.png tuner.png
whiteuser.pnguser.png
bluesupporter.png supporter.png

Attachments

• tuner.png
    tuner.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 10
  • user.png
    user.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Changelog
V 1.0 < HOW AWESOME IS THAT

RWD Base Tunes released

Stability improvements

V 9.9.8

New Wallpaper Home

New Wallpapers

Pro is smaller

V 9.9.5

AWD Tune generator released

FWD improved

Performance improvements

Bug Fixes

V 9.9.3

More custom tune generating for FWD (Still working on AWD and RWD)

New News Section

More compatibility with Android 2.3

TONS of minor bug fixes

V 9.9.1

Android 2.3 Now Supported but not entirely (Some Pages will crash for 2.3 users and I am working on a fix).

Links and Tuning Garage Browser optimized and will not crash on orientation change now

Cleaned up some layouts (Less stretching of graphics now)

Behind the scenes changes in production of tune generator.

Changed Tune Save Layouts to reflect GT6 order of dampers

Added Dirt/Snow tires to courses with that option.

Added proper site to keep track of your cars

Added McClarenDesigns Car Of The Week

Added the FWD part of the Tune Generator

V 0.9.8.6.5

Added Seasonal Section

Tune generator framework nearly finished

V 0.9.8.6.2

Adjusted Home Backgrounds for better display on all devices

Added Driving Tips section

Added Request Tune feature

Added Feedback Feature

Fixed some minor issues throughout

V 0.9.8.4
Added User Tunes

Added Exclusive Tuner DHS

Speed and Performance improvements

Fixed some errors found by @ace91194

V 0.9.8.2
Removed One Line of code that was killing the tips section. APOLOGIES TO ALL THOSE WHO HAD PROBLEMS

V 0.9.8.1

Hopefully fixed crashing issues a few users were experienceing.

V 0.9.8

Cleaned some backgrounds

Added 1st Exclusive Tuner Garage Namrepus

Some users reported crashing - should be fixed

V 0.9.7

Added Dantes Tuning Garage

GT6 Gear now accessible from the main menu

Reduced Size again and improved response time.

Cleaned up some code

V 0.9.6.5

Added New Wallpapers

Added Silver Dragon Tuning

Added Ameer67 Youtube Videos

Added Razinator Tuning Garage

Added Internal Base Tune Code

Removed some unused code and resources to save space

Last edited:
Hey man, I was just wondering... Is there going to be an iOS version? My Galaxy is out of charge and I cannot find the charger... An iOS version would also be pretty cool if you could make it :P
Also, the new GT6 app looks GREAT!
I have the GT5 app which is also really good :)

Hey man, I was just wondering... Is there going to be an iOS version? My Galaxy is out of charge and I cannot find the charger... An iOS version would also be pretty cool if you could make it :P
Also, the new GT6 app looks GREAT!
I have the GT5 app which is also really good :)

I'm glad you like them bro! You'll notice that you're now included in the links list and I'm working hard on the tuning stuff tonight! iOS is going to be tough. I taught myself Android because it was free, I have ZERO schooling in programming so if this app takes off then yea I would LOVE to build an iOS version but this will really have to take off.

Thanks so much for your support Rarz, it's guys like you that make my app better and better!

I'm glad you like them bro! You'll notice that you're now included in the links list and I'm working hard on the tuning stuff tonight! iOS is going to be tough. I taught myself Android because it was free, I have ZERO schooling in programming so if this app takes off then yea I would LOVE to build an iOS version but this will really have to take off.

Thanks so much for your support Rarz, it's guys like you that make my app better and better!

Thanks man!
Also I'm not sure if you're aware, the app isn't compatible on my Samsung Galaxy I9000 :/
:)

Thanks man!
Also I'm not sure if you're aware, the app isn't compatible on my Samsung Galaxy I9000 :/

Hey mate, I believe it's because it's pre 3.0 but either way you can directly download the app now from post 3 here! Basically my app uses a feature called the actionbar and it isnt compatible with android 2.3 so I didnt want to have a bunch of folks with the app breaking since they cant use that feature.

Let me know if it works for you once you download it! 👍

Hey mate, I believe it's because it's pre 3.0 but either way you can directly download the app now from post 3 here! Basically my app uses a feature called the actionbar and it isnt compatible with android 2.3 so I didnt want to have a bunch of folks with the app breaking since they cant use that feature.

Let me know if it works for you once you download it! 👍

I'm a bit stupid so I can't figure it out... I might be upgrading to an S3 soon anyways, I'm not 100% sure.. For now I can just use my brothers S3 haha.

Last edited:
Downloaded an will check it out on the tablet later; Cheers :cheers:

Thanks mate! It's not fully set up for tablets in terms of layouts just yet but it's still fully functional just not as pretty.

Seems there's a few devices still getting an out of memory error that I'm trying fix then it's onto building better tablet layouts. Hope you enjoy it! Cheers

Hey guys, I just released my newest app GT6 Tunes and Tips, or simply your GT6 Home for mobile. It has everything you want. Wallpapers, Unlimited Tune Saving, Track Specific Tuning, Trophy CheckList, Latest News from Google and GTP, Links to all the best garages, GT6 sites, threads, and coming soon, a Base Tune Generator, Driving Tips and more GT6 Gear. I'm planning on lots and lots more features as well as a full walkthrough. Give it a look. New content coming every day or every other day as I play through the game.

Download

View attachment 86524 View attachment 86525 View attachment 86526 View attachment 86527
View attachment 86528 View attachment 86529 View attachment 86530 View attachment 86531

I'll Keep the second post here as a changelog. If you have any problems with it LET ME KNOW PLEASE. I'll be happy to fix whatever the issue is and send you a fixed version for your device.

Tablet version isn't ready yet but will be soon!

Below are some simple banners anyone can use if they'd like! The second ones say the same as the previous ones just transparent.
View attachment 86532 View attachment 86537
View attachment 86533View attachment 86538
View attachment 86534 View attachment 86539

App seems to be working great here on my HTC One, keep up the great work!

Glad to hear it, also can I just say I wish I could afford the One. My friend has one and it's so brilliantly built.

Thanks for the support! I have a real job too but I'm working hard on this every day to try to improve it for you guys. I really appreciate the encouragement. It really does make a difference.

Glad to hear it, also can I just say I wish I could afford the One. My friend has one and it's so brilliantly built.

Thanks for the support! I have a real job too but I'm working hard on this every day to try to improve it for you guys. I really appreciate the encouragement. It really does make a difference.

Love the phone. :)

Appreciate your work here, will follow what you do.

Love the phone. :)

Appreciate your work here, will follow what you do.

And I truly appreciate the support! Really glad to work on something like this, It's fun and fulfilling. Really looking forward to releasing the base tune generator feature. Likely within a week or so.

wow really nice app to me, thanks to make a helpful app to us. appreciated :cheers:

My pleasure! I'm looking forward to giving you guys more features! Just got the framework for the user tuned garage set up. You should all see that in the next 24 - 48 hours so start sending in your setups! Also another exclusive garage has started releasing their work so that will also be in the next update!

Thanks for the support mate. happy to help!:cheers:

Just downloaded the app, looks great, though I did notice an error for the info for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway under tracks. You said that the course is home to the world renound Indy 500 NASCAR race each year, but the Indy 500 is for Indy cars and the NASCAR race is called the Brickyard 400.

I was also going through some of the other track info and I noticed that you have the links for tsukuba and Suzuka circuits backwards.

Just downloaded the app, looks great, though I did notice an error for the info for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway under tracks. You said that the course is home to the world renound Indy 500 NASCAR race each year, but the Indy 500 is for Indy cars and the NASCAR race is called the Brickyard 400.

I was also going through some of the other track info and I noticed that you have the links for tsukuba and Suzuka circuits backwards.

Hey! Thanks for the heads up! I'll get on that asap! Thanks for checking it out too!

Will tunes etc show up automatically in the app or how is it designed?

Go into > Tuning garage > find a tune

You'll see all the garages there. The user garage got it's first entry the other day and it'll be viewable in next update tonight or tomorrow.

I wanted to learn android programing. Any tips, sites, or book suggestions? How long did it take you? I work long hours at times so might have max a couple hours weekly or so... should I forget it?

I wanted to learn android programing. Any tips, sites, or book suggestions? How long did it take you? I work long hours at times so might have max a couple hours weekly or so... should I forget it?

Hey mate, the best thing for me was thenewboston series on YouTube. I read two books before that but better learned the stuff on YouTube cause I could see it in action.

It's been 2 plus years and honestly I'm not a pro, I'll be lucky if I make $5/hr on the time I spent building this app but....

It's been a ton of fun, and I took probably a 6 month break in that 2 years. If you have any programming experience you'll learn much quicker I did. I'm always glad help where I can.

If you have a great idea for an app then pursue it, I'm still hoping I make it.

Back