GT6 Install size on PS3

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by JER_CREST, Nov 16, 2013.

1. JER_CREST

Premium
    Terra Firma
    PSN:JerCrest

Hello,

No one has address this and how much the install space will take up when you install from the BluRay.

2. Chad Daddy

(Banned)
    PSN:AngryGERMANkid1

2 Megabytes.

3. carracerptp

Online Now!
    PSN:carracerptp

Nobody knows.

iainoflo85 likes this.
  4. jacnob

United States Alabama
    PSN:PDCrocks

2MB would have to be just the savedata. Install data is likely to be in the 8 GB neighborhood, considering that's how much space the full GT5 install took up BEFORE the updates.

WWE907 likes this.
  5. JER_CREST

Premium
    Terra Firma
    PSN:JerCrest

Before GT5 came out Kaz brought out that it would take up 10gb but it took 12gb.

6. Bluntified

Canada Sauga, Ontario
    PSN:Bluntified

Keep 20 just in case ;). Your PS3 will run nicer!

7. Chad Daddy

(Banned)
    PSN:AngryGERMANkid1

Install? After almost three years I bought Gran Turismo 5 I never did the installation when I started up the game. I didn't need too because the load times weren't shortened at all.

8. jacnob

United States Alabama
    PSN:PDCrocks

After the patches, the effect it had kinda diminished I haven't done it since my PS3 crashed and wiped the HDD (for the third time....)

At first though, the load times were just painful, with or without the install.

9. wejhvabewjty

Spain Spain
    PSN:wejhvabewjty

I'm sure I have enough space in my PS3 :)

10. Streeto

Japan UK

Regardless, digital or disc copy, of any PS3 game, requires a big game data file, in addition to your save games. Usually at least 5GB for big games, whether you're aware of that file or not, it is there.

Perhaps you just haven't looked for it.

11. My rough guess would be anywhere from 6-10GB.

12. shirakawaa

Premium
    None  
    PSN:GTP_shirakawaa

I'm hoping for a full install option. I find annoying that the BD-reader still often reads from the disk after installing GT5.