GT6 Interest Check 2014: Patch Threads Day 1 Replies Tally

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 0 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Hello everyone! Since i am a bit bored today, i proposed a tally for you all to see. Now the process here are simple and take an hour. Started from the patch release, i tallied up the replies from that day one.

There are some notes, however:

1. 1.03, 1.04, and 1.08 patch are the patches whose PD messed up the launch. It launched at 6-12 hours late than usual. So i'd rather tally 2 days just for those patch.

2. 1.12 patch thread, for some reason, doesnt have a "starting" thread that led to speculation and hype being mashed together. I start the number from the post that indicates the patch release. That also messed up the amount of likes gathered.

3. Some patches has its thread mashed with undocumented changes for some reason. 1.05, 1.08, and 1.09 are them.

4. The data is what i have seen so far. Any future updates is expected.

The Recorded Threads and Their Headlines (The last post recorded. Click the first page to see the full changes):

1.02: The Red Bull X Challenge Phase One and The M4
1.03: M4 Interior

1.04: Major Physics Changes
1.05: Multi Monitor and Car Search
1.06: Data Logger and GPS Function
1.07: BMW VGT
1.08: Ayrton Senna and Mitsubishi VGT
1.09: Volkswagen VGT + Free 3 New Cars and 1 Track (A Nice DLC)
1.10: Aston and Nissan VGT + Car Numbers
1.11: Multi Monitor and Open Lobby Fixed (First little update for a full month)
1.12: ZAHARA!!!! + GTR Nismo and FT1 Graphite and its VGT + Gauges! (First released)
1.13: Online Lag Fix (Second small update for a full month)
1.14: Suzuka 2014, Community Feature, and Subaru VIZIV VGT
1.15: Chapparal and Infiniti VGT

Okay, here we go:
sEDDFDFRE.jpg

VFBVFRV.jpg

Note: 1.05 News Comments is huge mostly because the comment has been reopened. You can ignore it if you want.

Summary:
  • Overall seems the enthusiasm for GT6 has been dried down since 1.10 Patch) with Zahara as a little kicker. Likely because most people wants to share its racing numbers.
  • Gauges arent as shared as the racing numbers likely for above reason.
  • As the matter of fact, Zahara is the most anticipated feature ever, evidence with the leak posts that doesnt even specify the release date (as opposed to Senna, which has a release date).
  • Community feature are the one of the expected feature in GT6. Though not as popular as Zahara it seems because PD took them too long to release it. The thread still has a surprising large amount of replies though.
  • Surprisingly, Senna isnt as popular as much recent features. Though its likely because the following patch has an unexpected 3 new cars and a track with 2 variations and more people drawn to GT6 and expected more from PD.
  • Overall, the hype in general is quite growing actually. Although mostly because of the 1.09 factor, Then zig-zagged on the following.

Thats it for this year. Hope i can do it again next year :D

Back