GT6 Kaz Q&A subforum - Why has it been shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
England
England
Lewis_Hamilton_
Hi @Jordan, is it possible to recieve an explanation as to why the entire sub forum has been closed? It would be interesting to know whether it was a decision on your part, or an instruction from Polyphony Digital.

Many people put months of effort into it, with thoushands of posts and many questions left unanswered. We have all waited a long, long time, been told to be patient and that PD were taking great steps to further their communication amongst their fans.

If this was in anyway closed due to a response you have recieved from Polyphony Digital, then it is nothing more than a giant slap to the face to all of us, and is nothing short of lieing to customers and continuing to take backwards steps.

Please move to the Site Support forum or where ever is more suitable if needed, but I believe as many people as possible deserve to see some answers about this.

If that were the case, then hopefully the moderators are just cleaning up the forum and will re-open it. However, what would make it necessary to close the entire thing if that's all it were?

to, somehow, clean the forum?
to, finally, intruduce the answers?
to erase the failure from our memory? (10 months later is still "questions without answers", questions requested by kaz)
to diminish the sense of failure when GT7 is not "the best GT you can imagine"? (then the wish lists must be hiden as well)
mone of above?

interesting to see what follows.
i'll hope for the best... its to intruduce answers (given by PD) in the forum... GO POLYPHONY!

Mate, it's not closed. It got moved to the Gran Turismo Series forum, and it's still actively running.

kaz_failed.jpg

Um, I just took this screenshot and as you can see it's all good for me :)

Negative, it says at the top that the forum is closed and the Create Thread button is not there. If you enter a thread, there are no reply buttons and it says you have insufficient privilages.

Hi @Jordan, is it possible to recieve an explanation as to why the entire sub forum has been closed?
I commented on this in the forum's updated pinned topic - I decided to close it because Kazunori hasn't been answering any of the questions. It was entirely my own decision; its irresponsible for me to invite people to participate in the forum as it becomes increasingly clear that he does not plan to respond to them.

The forum will remain visible to the public and I'll re-open it in the future if needed.

There's one in the pinned thread atop the forum...

Thanks Famine and Jordan, I didn't see it. What a damn shame it has come to this. To me, it is a great sign of disrespect, how many years and hours have you, the admin, the moderators and the members put into supporting this fansite, only to be largely ignored?

I do not blame you at all for this, all of that goes to Polyphony Digital.

Last edited:
:lol: @ Jimi

Either way, it is a shame indeed. A lot of effort went into it, both by the mods and members of this forum as well by the admins. Thanks for making the Q&A happen though. At this point I assume that all the questions that had to be asked, were asked. And now we wait some more.

Thanks Famine and Jordan, I didn't see it. What a damn shame it has come to this. To me, it is a great sign of disrespect, how many years and hours have you, the admin, the moderators and the members put into supporting this fansite, only to be largely ignored?

I do not blame you at all for this, all of that goes to Polyphony Digital.

It is a damn shame, I agree, but it doesn't surprise me. While the intentions were good by @Jordan and the staff, I could see this coming from the beginning. Even though I did submit a question to be answered, I had little faith in this idea just because of Kaz's/
PD's past history of communication with his fan base. I have a lot more to say and vent about this, but I'll just keep it short and leave it at this: It shows a bit of arrogance on the developers part when his biggest fansite puts forth the effort that it has for a proper Q&A section only to have it largely ignored.

Well, all that respect I had for Kazunori has just vanished. I do feel for the people who made valid questions that they probably spent hours compiling to be ignored completely on something that Kazunori himself said he would answer. While it is true he answered some questions, maybe 5, he did a poor job at making the answer clear with his trademark 'soon' dominating the answer.

I do feel for @Jordan as when this brilliant idea came to him, he spent hours on end making sure it would be done properly, part of that was getting Kazunori himself to answer the questions. Even though Kazunori did, it wasn't to the extent everyone was hoping for, but now that we look back at it, did we really expect anything more? We were really kidding ourselves if we thought he would give us a straight answer. But for alot of us, including Jordan and the staff here, this has to be a massive slap in the face.

I'm sorry Kazunori, but I have lost all respect for you after going cold on everyone again.

Should we book him a seat on Oprah? I mean it does seem to get the truth out of people! ;)

Great respect to @Jordan,the rest of the crew and the entire GTP community. It was a great idea that unfortunately hasn't come to fruition...yet. There is still hope but as others have said, let us not diminish the work that the community put into this, there was a lot of great, well thought out, well written feedback throughout all of the threads and I was proud to be a part of it, as we all should be. The intention was good and honourable, the execution was exceptional given general chaos that often dominates internet forums these days, let's all be proud of that. There is no other community that I am aware of that could have represented the GT fanbase as well as we all did in the Kaz Q&A Forum. We should all hold our heads high, we did the best we could:tup:👍.

So the Kaz Q&A forum has been closed because PD don't seem to have any desire to communicate with us :grumpy:

Apologies for starting a moaning thread but I think this is a fairly substantial development which deserves it's own discussion; we only stopped complaining about communication when the Q&A section and the pit stop blog were formed. Fast forward to today and all we have is a big waste of time in the form of an archived forum and a just as useless blog, which hasn't really given us any information except the early articles about sound. So we're back to square one?

Edit: Merged from another thread

Last edited:
I commented on this in the forum's updated pinned topic - I decided to close it because Kazunori hasn't been answering any of the questions. It was entirely my own decision; its irresponsible for me to invite people to participate in the forum as it becomes increasingly clear that he does not plan to respond to them.

The forum will remain visible to the public and I'll re-open it in the future if needed.

Such a shame the Questions & Answers forum did not get answers from Kazunori on the forums. Jordan, you did well to create that sub forum so that users were able to ask questions to Kazunori. A shame they were left unanswered after all this time. Thanks for your efforts. Hopefully in future things might change & we will get answers directly to questions if the Q & A forums get opened again in future if Kazunori comes to GTPlanet.

Last edited:
This thread would have 10 pages of arguments by now if it was in the GT6 section :lol: I've caught you out mods, it's all a ruse to give yourself less work to do :D

Well done. No point on keeping the Q&A if PD obviously don't show any interest on it. I know they are busy, but they could at least try. I knew it would happen eventually judging by that little useless blog that only had like two articles for the past half a year.

So the question is: What next? Just wait in the darkness?

I commented on this in the forum's updated pinned topic - I decided to close it because Kazunori hasn't been answering any of the questions.

It would have been surprising had he did; what a can of worms to open! :lol:
But it was a bold move - and I was 100% behind you. What if it had succeeded? What if he really answered even a few questions? What sort of a door would that have opened?
However - the great news was that the words 'GTPlanet' came out of his mouth. He acknowledged us. He did so publicly about the feedback we had given him about 'sounds'. We made him actually open his mouth and say something.
To me that's no small victory.
What other private Forums focused on the Series has he acknoiwledged publicly as a voice to be heard?
On some nights at least Kaz goes to sleep remembering GTPlanet.
Do we give up now?
NO!!
We love him, we hate him, we shall dog his heels to the end.

:cheers:

It would have been surprising had he did; what a can of worms to open! :lol:
But it was a bold move - and I was 100% behind you. What if it had succeeded? What if he really answered even a few questions? What sort of a door would that have opened?
However - the great news was that the words 'GTPlanet' came out of his mouth. He acknowledged us. He did so publicly about the feedback we had given him about 'sounds'. We made him actually open his mouth and say something.
To me that's no small victory.
What other private Forums focused on the Series has he acknoiwledged publicly as a voice to be heard?
On some nights at least Kaz goes to sleep remembering GTPlanet.
Do we give up now?
NO!!
We love him, we hate him, we shall dog his heels to the end.

GTPlanet is a great marketing tool for PD and is the best business benchmark available for PD.

PD would be closely monitoring the activity of this site, as it provides 24/7 information on their product and updates.

Kaz simply chooses not to answer.... promises made and broken are hard to come back from

GTPlanet is a great marketing tool for PD and is the best business benchmark available for PD.

Unfortunately Sony treats GTPlanet as 'competition'. And GTPlanet is not overall known to be as complimentary as a Marketing tool would usually be. In fact it may be perceived by some as being highly critical of Gran Turismo.

PD would be closely monitoring the activity of this site, as it provides 24/7 information on their product and updates.

I guess we could assume that, even though information on the products and updates would have to come from an original source before we get it, unless it's an exclusive given to GTPlanet prior to release on the international market.
I think in the same vein we could also assume that PD would be also monitoring many other sites in many other languages to get the pulse of the entire market.
At least we hope they do - basing the product on GTPlanet's specs alone may not satisfy the global demand.

Are we more closely connected to him? I sure hope we are - Jordan has extended himself many times on Kaz's behalf. It just seems at this point (for whatever reason we may guess at, though the truth is hidden) that Kaz does not wish to, or cannot, extend the same favour back.

This too shall pass. Time moves on. Things may change.
To actually fit expectations, that is. :)

Jordan has extended himself many times on Kaz's behalf

200_s.gif

I couldn't read that any other way, I should take my mind out of the gutter sometime.

I'd like to know the reasons for the silent treatment though. Some may say that it's possible that Sony won't give them permission to be more open, but then I see Lead Developers, Directors, Artists and Programmers from other Sony first party studios posting frequently on other forums amongst the fans, and replying to questions about their game and company. You also have people like Adam Boyes and Shuhei Yoshida answering questions and having a joke on Twitter, and even streaming games over Twitch waving to the camera.

I wonder if Kaz just doesn't like to talk much and keep himself to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back