GT6 Nascar tuning Motegi and Daytona

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning Forum' started by Derek4Real, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Derek4Real

United States AL
    PSN:Solidus--03

I don't have the best setup for Motegi,but i am running 32.9s.After endless practice and tuning and some help from my friends here's what i came up with.

Suspension

RH 75-95 BB 3-3 Aero 470-485
    SR 14.00-18.00
    DC 5-4
    DE 5-4
    ARB 5-3
    Cam 0-0
    Toe -.20 front and back

Drivetrain
    IT
    AS 60
    BS 5

The transmission is garbage so i deleted it
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Mercury1, doodlemonoply and Pete05 like this.
  2. Derek4Real

United States AL

Daytona is much easier BB 3-3 Aero 200-400
    suspension
    RH
    90-90
    SR 19.00-21.00 Drivetrain 60-60-5
    DC 6-5
    DE 6-5
    ARB 5-5
    Cam 0.0-0.0
    Toe -.25 front and back
    Transmission if you used the tranny that was posted before 1-29-14 it had a error in it here's is the correct one i was going to post
    The gearbox setup is more complex than just moving the top speed. you want a 3 speed you only use the 4th gear in draft or not at all.
    First set your final gear to 2.800 next move the top speed to 186 then set your final gear to 2.000 now you will need to adjust the 1st 2nd 3rd gear all the way left and your 4th all the way right.the gears should read as followed
    1st 3.068
    2nd 2.166
    3rd 1.656
    4th 1.581

if you think your tune is faster why are you reading this? just race your car it doesnt get much faster.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Mercury1 and GTAndy36 like this.
  3. WhoosierGirl

United States USS_Nautical
    PSN:WhoosierGirl

You can make your transmission settings easier by starting with a final gear of 2.980 and then moving you Top a Speed to 186, 1rst,2nd, 3rd all pretty much end up to the left and 4rth full right. Finish with moving the final gear.
    Pete05 and Mercury1 like this.
  4. $20 Says she has already tested tune.
  5. Derek4Real

United States AL

oh well
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  6. WhoosierGirl

United States USS_Nautical
    PSN:WhoosierGirl

Just to be clear that is not my transmission, I just posted an easier way to get to the numbers you use on yours.
  7. Troggy

United States Columbus, OH
    PSN:Troggeh

Is this Motegi tune up to date? The tranny doesn't seem to have the top end speed to run 32.XXX laps
  8. Derek4Real

United States AL

make some adjustment to make it faster this set up is a base setup for people who dont know where to start i work on my cars everyday to make them better my cars are faster than they where when i posted this all i can say is practice and make it better
  9. Troggy

United States Columbus, OH
    PSN:Troggeh

The handling tune is great, though I added just a hair more toe. The only thing keeping me from good laps I think is my transmission. What are you topping out at typically on a good lap?
  10. doodlemonoply

Premium
    United States Potomac, MD
    PSN:doodlemonoply

I am a noob at NASCAR. I tried out the Motegi tune and ran a 33.2. Then I took out the camber and ran a 32.9, but then I remembered I never did an oil change on the car. So when I came back, I ran a 32.634 after a few laps.

Now I have no idea if that kind of time is any good, but I just wanted to say thanks! :cheers:
  11. Mercury1

Premium
    Australia Sydney
    PSN:robmchugh

Good t
    Good times. The key is turn 3. :)
    kolio123 and Pete05 like this.
  12. What stand alone times are you getting with this tune?
  13. MrNooboody

PSN:MrNooboody

485 -
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Pete05 likes this.
  14. Wow Nooboody what a setup! Its too loose for me though, I suck.
    MrNooboody likes this.
  15. MrNooboody

PSN:MrNooboody

sure thing serious