GT6 on PS4 - News, Updates, Info

• Thread starter GT55YW
  • 7 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT55YW
I searched the site for GT6 and PS4, and other searches, with no thread on the topic- sorry if it already exists, I haven't been around for a while.

So before the PS4 was set, the rumours convinced me I had to clear out the PS3s before the prices really started to drop- so bye bye to my GT5 Edition PS3 (Japan) and my UK PS3.

But now, with GT6 on PS3, I wonder what options there will be. I see there is a thread on getting a PS3 JUST for GT6, and I see how one may think this is the same topic- but my topic is simple:

What options on the PS4 will there be for GT6? (or when)

Two years seems too much. I anticipate something, even if it's a download or partial. I couldn't believe PD if they really did not release anything for PS4, how much work would it really take to make it work? I hate it, but I'd pay $40 for a totally digital copy, I don't care about online interaction. I just want to get my hands on it, without buying a new PS3 or meeting someone off of craigslist with a trench coat in a dark alley.

I doubt this thread would inspire PD to make it (GT6 for PS4) if they do not have plans to already, but I thought we should have a place to discuss or update.

Already covered numerous times, most recently here I believe:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=288794

You'll note that the above thread was locked because indeed, GT6 is not a PS4 game.

Welcome back:)

Maybe it didn't show because so many other threads came up that had nothing to do with what I was looking for- I hope this isn't too beaten to death, I don't like making pointless threads...

I would like to note, that thread was closed because people started arguing about video quality of a service I have never heard of. I have been pretty active on another forum that more closely matches my current lifestyle/hobby, but the GT series stills flows through the veins.

Maybe it didn't show because so many other threads came up that had nothing to do with what I was looking for- I hope this isn't too beaten to death, I don't like making pointless threads...

I would like to note, that thread was closed because people started arguing about video quality of a service I have never heard of. I have been pretty active on another forum that more closely matches my current lifestyle/hobby, but the GT series stills flows through the veins.

No problem, but GT6 is still not a PS4 game, so the thread is moot.

Polyphony said "a year or two." If they stick to that promise, I doubt GT6 will be on the PS4. Besides, wouldn't you want GT7 done faster? :rolleyes:

Polyphony said "a year or two." If they stick to that promise, I doubt GT6 will be on the PS4. Besides, wouldn't you want GT7 done faster? :rolleyes:

No way. The time it would add to GT7 development would be negligible, the initial console releases always take much longer than the second. Plus, I have found the evens are better than the odds- I'd rather wait an extra six months for GT7 while playing GT6, than wait two to three years having my PS4 hold paper to play 7.

GT6 is definately a PS3 only game and there will be no upgrade option for it either to be played on the PS4. You'll have to wait another couple of years (at least) for GT7 to come out on the PS4...

No way. The time it would add to GT7 development would be negligible, the initial console releases always take much longer than the second. Plus, I have found the evens are better than the odds- I'd rather wait an extra six months for GT7 while playing GT6, than wait two to three years having my PS4 hold paper to play 7.

Furthermore, GT6 will be responsible for selling and keeping the PS3 active for the next few years - putting it on the PS4 would defeat this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back