GT6 sales promo, how do you get the codes?

• Thread starter chewyy420
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Chewyy420
Wow .. Just got off the phone with gamestop support what a disaster!! I ordered this game on the 17th cause of the deal for 25 cars promo and they never sent me a code and the game didn’t have one.. They told me they don’t give out codes and thatgtplanet.net would give it to me?? WTF…. I FEEL SCAMMED!

I'm not sure why they would say that; GTPlanet is not involved in that promotion at all, I just reported on it. The official announcement and details were posted here on the PlayStation US website.

If GameStop is unable to help, I would recommend contacting PlayStation Support.

I'll move your thread to our GT6 forum; perhaps someone there who did take advantage of the offer will be able to tell you how they solved the problem.

I'm not sure why they would say that; GTPlanet is not involved in that promotion at all, I just reported on it. The official announcement and details were posted here on the PlayStation US website.

If GameStop is unable to help, I would recommend contacting PlayStation Support.

I'll move your thread to our GT6 forum; perhaps someone there who did take advantage of the offer will be able to tell you how they solved the problem.

Ok thank you! I just feel terrible after being shafted from Gamestop. WOW! Just contacted Sony via chat and they said they cant help and to contact Gamestop.. This is ridiculous!!

Last edited:
How did you make the payment?

If you used credit card/paypal, cancel the payment or claim for a full refund for false advertising/parts of purchase missing.

I claimed for a full refund through paypal for my standard edition pre-order after getting the run-around from them concerning my bonus codes because it took them 4 weeks to give my a reply about them after receiving my game on release day but with no emailed codes.

When I did eventually get the codes emailed to me over a month later, there was still one code missing [precision car pack] and I'd already let the paypal claim run its course and got my £39.97 back because Gamestop never replied to or intervened in the claim at all.

The codes I did receive were for the Torque car pack, 1 million cr, and 3 months PSN+ and since then I have been lucky enough to acquire the other 4 car packs from some very generous members of GTP, and so GT6 and the 25 AE cars have not cost me a penny.

Last edited:

Well I contacted Sony and they could not help me with it.. They said to contact gamestop again .. so I did and they told me Gtplanet.net is responsible for giving out the codes.. WTF is wrong with these people.. Gamestop just told me I need to show gtplanet.net proof of the receipt and you would provide the code.. This sounds so stupid. My cousin got his code the day I told him to buy the game during the promo and he had the code printed on his receipt...

Wow .. Just got off the phone with gamestop support what a disaster!! I ordered this game on the 17th cause of the deal for 25 cars promo and they never sent me a code and the game didn’t have one.. They told me they don’t give out codes and thatgtplanet.net would give it to me?? WTF…. I FEEL SCAMMED!
Wow, they thought this site was where you redeem the codes? What idiots...

Yea no kidding why would gtplanet have dlc codes.. they are just advertising the promo to earn money which I contributed to. I was like then how does gamestops local store print out my cousins? It said on their site they would email me the code 2 days after they shipped it.. I call them and they act like they know nothing of this situation. Is there anyone else higher up I could contact? I am pissed off beyond belief.

Back