GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
granturismo6_22fscaf.png

granturismo6_4t7fw0.png

granturismo6_9q7f8u.png

granturismo6_10gmiak.png

granturismo6_725os5r.png

I love those direct-feed images, please do more @Whistle Snap . :)

how can u take screenshot like those?

If I'm anywhere close to being correct, he might be using direct capture equipment like the Hauppauge HD-PVR. That or he's a wizard.

This happened in around May/April, I should have uploaded it sooner but ah well. In the event I was second place with an unintentionally really close finish, but just be sure to look carefully..
View attachment 184725
I had one in GT5 where I finished second despite finishing physically ahead, and having the shorter time. That was online, though, so the dreaded latency might have played its part.

I've put a thread on the video subforum for this...
But as most people don't actually go to that subforum, I'll post a link here too...

Something different... Here is a personal tribute to the legend that was the newly, sadly, departed James Garner.:(

Part 1 is now available

Reluctantly, as always, Jimbob Rockford has to come out of retirement, one last time, to help out his old prison pal Angel (lots of Angels where James Garner is now) who's being threatened by some nasty men he's double crossed.

This is Part 1 of a (minimum) 3 part final case full of car chases, tyre smoke and stereotypical villains...

Here we join Jimbob Rockford early in the morning. Jimbob's trailer by the beach has been ransacked by the "bad guys", Angel has done his usual disappearing act, and Jimbob is chasing down a suspect seen driving away from the trailer at speed in a white Peugeot.

And yes I know the Firebird is not the correct model Firebird but it's the only one available in the game...

Would love to hear your comments or suggestions for future vids and any other ideas you have to give ol' Jim Rockford a good send off :cheers:

Is it just me/that video/that specific replay/specific track, or do smoke and dirt particles only appear on the main screen? Does that happen during gameplay too? Lots of smoke around the 3:51-4:10 mark (haven't watched further yet, there might be a more clear situation afterwards).

Is it just me/that video/that specific replay/specific track, or do smoke and dirt particles only appear on the main screen? Does that happen during gameplay too? Lots of smoke around the 3:51-4:10 mark (haven't watched further yet, there might be a more clear situation afterwards).

You can see smoke appearing on the left display at the first corner entry around :25

You can see smoke appearing on the left display at the first corner entry around :25

True, but look at 3:44, huge spin with lots of smoke filling the entire middle screen but none on either the left or right one. Maybe it's just an issue under certain conditions, that's why I ask the video poster so many things.

True, but look at 3:44, huge spin with lots of smoke filling the entire middle screen but none on either the left or right one. Maybe it's just an issue under certain conditions, that's why I ask the video poster so many things.
It might use some kind of 3D (as opposed to screen-space) mask, that most of the time fits within the the view offered by the centre screen (no point rendering smoke outside of the view frustum!), but they either forgot or it's too much of a faff to rotate it for the side screens, or something.

With it being a 3D ("worldspace") mask, the mask may not keep up with the view frustum for performance reasons, so it'll be slightly larger than the view frustum to prevent visible gaps in the smoke at the screen edges, but that lag and extra size would on occasion cause smoke to "spill out" of the available view, onto the extra screens. :D

Or maybe not, I dunno.

ara
Here is another multi monitor online clean race for those who are waiting for multi monitor to get resuscitated :)

Oh baby if only I had the space/money for a set up like this.. :drool::drool::drool::drool: That would be so awesome!!

Yeah, I don't know for sure. My hunch is that their graphics/effects are running in such a way that if the computational overhead is available without impacting frame rate, then effects are drawn, otherwise they aren't, and I guess this may vary from context to context even across screens in multi monitor. I have seen other things disappear on even the main screen when there is a lot going on, e.g. drivers in go karts started disappearing when some distance away from camera.

Pretty sure many of us have seen that, specifically in regards to hidden/locked content in the game code prior to their respective updates (Mitsubishi Vision GT, GT Academy GT-R, Zahara)

Back