GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

It's a good incentive if you want your game to load much faster and not stress your Blu-ray drive. Considering the time one might spend with GT6 (highly individual), a few seconds here and there could really add up depending on for how long you plan on playing the game. Taking that time you saved by going digital to do some extra work and getting some extra cash could offset the higher price. In my case digital means working about one hour more(*) and I have no doubt I'll be making that timesave really quickly.
I wish you luck convincing the payroll department of your employer to pay you for that few seconds here and there. Godspeed.

I have a PS3 that no longer reads discs but happily plays downloaded games. This is good news for me :)

Same here - mine will play older games, but struggles with GTA 5, Last of Us etc. May save me the cost of a new PS3!
Might tweet @yosp...

There is no replacement for a hard copy.

As much as I would love to agree with you, I can't. Because some of us have geographical issues that make it difficult (as well as expensive) to obtain hard copies. Sure I would love to have the game physically in mind hand, but where I stand right now, that would mean too much money and too long a wait.

It's a good incentive if you want a copy you can't resell and pay a premium to not have the physical goods to snuggle at night

And no manual or box or disc. lol.

"Opps I forgot my login or my account is banned. Or well there goes my lifes investment into digital downloads. I guess its time to open up a new account and rebuy the $40,000 worth of games I had."

I wish you luck convincing the payroll department of your employer to pay you for that few seconds here and there. Godspeed.

Was it really that difficult for you to understand that I meant I would willingly work an additional hour or so for the higher price of a digital copy? I guess so...

As someone has spent the last weekend trying to get Gt5 working from a fresh disk install, with 25 patches to download over the top, and failing to end up with a working GT5 install, yes a digital version would be great. All updates included then.

There is zero reason for me to want a physical copy. Plus, I have two PS3s, so one digital copy means I can use it on two accounts simultaneously, and play against other people in my house.

As someone has spent the last weekend trying to get Gt5 working from a fresh disk install, with 25 patches to download over the top, and failing to end up with a working GT5 install, yes a digital version would be great. All updates included then.

Usually the digital download is without patches, actually. Even for games that have been out for years, with many patches (like Burnout Paradise), when I download it I get the original digital version, then when I run it, it gets all the patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have to come out a week early and be cheaper than the boxed edition to even make me consider it..both of which should be achievable by Sony/PD. But they run the risk of hurting their retail channel to do that.

It would have to come out a week early and be cheaper than the boxed edition to even make me consider it..both of which should be achievable by Sony/PD. But they run the risk of hurting their retail channel to do that.

Earlier, yes, cheaper uhm, no.

As much as I would love to agree with you, I can't. Because some of us have geographical issues that make it difficult (as well as expensive) to obtain hard copies. Sure I would love to have the game physically in mind hand, but where I stand right now, that would mean too much money and too long a wait.

I get what you say. I'm not from the US and there is no official stores here. So I rely on the grey market, which means I'll probably have to wait a week until the game gets on stores here, as well as I'll have to pay an extra $15 dollars for it.

But still. Although I'm slowly accepting the new wave of online gaming, I still don't mind waiting a bit longer and paying extra to have the actual game in my hands.

Was it really that difficult for you to understand that I meant I would willingly work an additional hour or so for the higher price of a digital copy? I guess so...
Was it really that difficult for you to just say that rather than the "the time I'll save on load times could be put towards making more money to offset the higher cost" nonsense you actually wrote? I guess so.

15 GB is pretty small if thats how much the downable version of GT6 because I remember GT6 was around the size but GT6 has more content. Either I'm right, or I look like a fool again.

Buying in game credits with cash at local retailers, I hope they have those out when the game come out.

Was it really that difficult for you to just say that rather than the "the time I'll save on load times could be put towards making more money to offset the higher cost" nonsense you actually wrote? I guess so.

Sorry for not being a native english speaking person and presenting my thoughts in crystal clear english, I'm only doing my best. Instead of scolding me for my bad english, how about you trying to be more constructive in your critique of it?

Sorry for not being a native english speaking person and presenting my thoughts in crystal clear english, I'm only doing my best. Instead of scolding me for my bad english, how about not saying anything at all or try to be more constructive?
The irony being that you wrote this after attempting to scold me for joking in response to what you wrote in the initial post.

its official, but it will be great to those who ordered disc to have also option to download it because of faster loading times (ps3 will no need to search something on Blue ray disk)

£50. I don't understand how they ever sell digital copies. I have pre-ordered from Amazon UK for £35. If they made the price a bit more competitive, they might sell more? I'm sure Sony crunch the numbers!!!!

Buying in game credits with cash at local retailers, I hope they have those out when the game come out.

This would be terrible please don't anyone buy thrm or make PD think its acceptable to sell them. online or via retail.

Looks like I am getting the Asian Digital Edition from HK PSN Store, cheaper than the rest at only HK $412, all the future DLC should cheaper as well than other region, WIN :D I love HK Store.

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=1441

And this for HK $458 :drool: Preorder premium - free 8GB GT6 car shaped USB disk.

Product name

Gran Turismo®6 15th Anniversary Edition - Limited Edition

Release date

December 5, 2013 (Thursday)

Suggested Retail Price

HK$458

Included

Gran Turismo®6 software title x 1

Special Booklet “Beyond the Apex” x 1

Download Contents (Product Codes)

-15th Anniversary Cars* 20 types

-15th Anniversary Custom Race Suit & helmet

-Custom Paint Chips

1 Million In-Game Credits (US$ 10)

Pre-order premium

i) GT6 car-shaped USB(8GB) x 1

(1 out of the 2 designs will be given out randomly)

ii) DLC 3D voucher card including 3 cars

• Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 15th Anniversary Edition (C7) (2014)
  • Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition (2012)
  • SRT Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition (2013)

Why is that @nickg07? I know grinding is the norm and I love it as well, I enjoy those long races to get those credits to buy the cars that meet my fancy. Though there are some car that you must have from the start besides what is given to us though pre-order's. My fancy is to have all of the race cars in GT6 of the jump, so I can get to work. While breaking in the cars and testing I'll work on getting the necessary street cars and special cars. Though some of us must have all the race cars from go.

Do you guys think that decision to sell credits will push ingame car prices higher so that they can make more money from credit sales?

This is the announcement I was waiting for. I have little interest in anything other than GT / Racing sims. So I'll just clear out my PS memory if I have to and DL at midnight. The game should be done downloading around 7 am. I wake up around that time so it's good for me.

Back