GT6 Track-editor promo video?

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 170 comments
Russian Federation
Russia, Moscow
Dionisiy

CRgUxLxO0KU.jpg

zepYoQ87Lr0.jpg

Video's been released two weeks ago.. Anyway, long time since we hear something from the exterior, we GTP folks :D PD left us in the dark for very long time now.

This sounds a bit newsworthy. As someone pointed out.
Video's been released two weeks ago.. Anyway, long time since we hear something from the exterior, we GTP folks :D PD left us in the dark for very long time now.
Jordan needs to see this thread. It's definitely something new as the video was made two weeks ago and it sounds like PD is already preparing for the course maker. I think we should expect the course maker to come by maybe next month.

This sounds a bit newsworthy. As someone pointed out.

Jordan needs to see this thread. It's definitely something new as the video was made two weeks ago and it sounds like PD is already preparing for the course maker. I think we should expect the course maker to come by maybe next month.

it was posted on vimeo two weeks ago, we don't know when it has been realized, at the end it say #GT6iscoming when it's out for more then a year

it was posted on vimeo two weeks ago, we don't know when it has been realized, at the end it say #GT6iscoming when it's out for more then a year
Speaking about that hashtag at the end. The hashtag did made it sound like this was posted before the release of GT6. If not I'm guessing they used the hashtag due to the course maker for GT6 being so hyped up by the fans. Guess the makers of the video knew about their problems with the Course Maker taking so long to get released.

Love me some flatland, I do.

The implication seems to be he used the app to make that track, whilst on the bike... ;)

Also holla @Jordan. :)

EDIT: The Raleigh Chopper on the left, and general look of the environment and the flatbed lorry, indicates to me this was shot in the UK. I wonder if there'll be more of them.

With the new GT6 app you can build your own circuits the world is your track

That's how I read that. The two phrases should have been separated, either by a line, full stop or a change of scene.
Going to call fake on this one

It seems to be a fake ? :eek:

It looks like something that was made at the time of release to promote the track maker... which of course wasn't in the game so the ads never ran.

This ad strikes me, particularly because no in-game footage shows up, as something the Sony marketing team came up with in 2013 to promote the game. Somebody who worked on it probably posted it to showcase his work. End of story.

#GT6isComing

more like

#GT6alreadyCame

With the new GT6 app you can build your own circuits the world is your track

That's how I read that. The two phrases should have been separated, either by a line, period or a change of scene.
Going to call fake on this one
"The world is your track" is more or less the tag-line from the UK release of the game.

EDIT: What he said ^

Dec 10 2013

Director Ninian Doff has created a series of innovative new spots for flagship Sony Playstation title Gran Turismo 6 for London based creative agency Brothers & Sisters.

Gran Turismo 'Beat'

Dec 10 2013

Director Ninian Doff has created a series of innovative new spots for flagship Sony Playstation title Gran Turismo 6 for London based creative agency Brothers & Sisters.

Gran Turismo 'Beat'
so that explains London, and maybe when this was released.

But hold on. My little brain just did a rewind. There was the #GT6ISCOMING at the end. Either it's from 2013, or someone typed in the wrong thing in the making of this.

These seem to have been made for the release of the game, but weren't (all) used, for whatever reason (well, for the coursemaker, it's obvious why not).

Dec 10 2013

Gran Turismo 'Beat'
"Beat" is this video.

There's another one, "Dance", here.

Actually, if this is the first time this video has been released and it is from 2 weeks ago, then think, the Alpine VGT trailer with this apparent new track was released ~2 weeks ago as well.

So ignoring the #GT6ISCOMING (because this was obviously filmed at the same time as the other videos above) this could technically be a announcement video paired with the Alpine reveal.

I don't want people to think this is true, but it is a possibility (just please don't take this as the absolute truth!).

Yes, only one of the set was officially "used" anywhere (and won an honourable mention in a webby award of some kind), but I'd never seen it before today. "Dance" is only available on the Vimeo profile of the person who did the casting for the vids.

So the fact that Pulse Films would "release" this one so much later, and not the other, is strange. Perhaps they were not allowed to use it before, because of the course creator's absence. So what's changed?

On the other hand, I'd never seen this before, either. Uploaded about a year ago to Vimeo, but on Youtube (edited) much earlier than that.

Actually, if this is the first time this video has been released and it is from 2 weeks ago, then think, the Alpine VGT trailer with this apparent new track was released ~2 weeks ago as well.

So ignoring the #GT6ISCOMING (because this was obviously filmed at the same time as the other videos above) this could technically be a announcement video paired with the Alpine reveal.

I don't want people to think this is true, but it is a possibility (just please don't take this as the absolute truth!).
I wouldn't think the way the track shown in this course maker promo was designed could be the same mysterious track that was shown in the Alphine VGT trailer. And no I don't think this video from 2 weeks ago is paired with the Alphine VGT trailer. Both of them are two different GT6 videos. One shows the Alphine VGT while the other is trying to promote the Course Marker. The hashtag shouldn't be ignored. Reason why is because what if the hashtag means that this video was originally released before GT6 got released? IMO that's just going to lead to a lot of confusion.

I think we should wait until @Jordan sees this or someone who knows Gran Turismo more then us gives us some sort of confirmation about this video's whereabouts, etc.

Back