GT6 track editor

Discussion in 'GT6 General Questions' started by SteveEnforcer, Dec 21, 2013.

1. SteveEnforcer

Australia Brisbane
    PSN:SteveEnforcer

Hi guys does anyone have any news on whats happening with the track editor will it be a DLC or in the next update ive heard nothing about it that's all thanks

2. DeadEnd

Netherlands Netherlands

If someone had heard any news on this whatsoever GTP would have covered it.

PsuPepperoni and Ittybitty Stigy like this.
  3. danardif1

Reading, England
    PSN:danardif1

From what Kaz has mentioned about large updates, I'd imagine it's coming in the next few months. He did say there were big updates scheduled for January onwards, so it's just a case of wait and see...

VBR and SteveEnforcer like this.
  4. B-Spec and the Track editor will probably come quite soon

5. MustangManiac

Premium
    United States Chicago
    PSN:mustang622006

In the last interview I read from Kaz he stated that there were going to be one large update in December, which we just got, and two in January. I would think that B-spec and track creator would be in those, especially the track creator since they hyped how large it was going to be before the game was released.

6. They simply can't release it too late. It's an important feature!

7. regnar

Premium
    United States Florida, USA
    PSN:red95gts

8. Malcolm Tucker

United Kingdom Bournemouth
    PSN:glenn_cullen

I can't wait, I've already designed a track round my home town centre (Bournemouth, UK)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5906365

2.3 miles, loads of interesting corners and massive elevation change (it's basically in a valley), it just needs smoothing in places (roundabouts etc) and it'll be a genuinely good track. The Real Life Track Design Competition is going to be interesting :D

thehobnob97 likes this.
  9. Inferno251

Australia Sydney
    PSN:Inferno_251

Say whaaaaaaat? :confused:

10. R1600Turbo

Online Now!
    Premium
    United States Arizona
    PSN:R1600Turbo

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

Near the bottom of the page:

11. Falango

Canada Vancouver, BC
    PSN:GTP_Falango

If this feature stays true to it's description, we need people that run track days to start recreating some tracks we don't have in the game. They may not end up 100% accurate, and won't have the atmosphere and trackside features, but they could be better than nothing!

Malcolm Tucker likes this.
  12. R1600Turbo

Online Now!
    Premium
    United States Arizona
    PSN:R1600Turbo

The problem with that is that in order to record the track accurately, you have to do it slowly and down the middle of the track all the way around. If you hit the "apexes" the track will end up being inaccurate.

13. CommandrCyclops

United States California
    PSN:CommanderCyclops

Do we know for sure that there won't be any features we can add in? They've never said so one way or the other. I'm imagining a sort of SimCity kind of thing, with some generic pits, stands, walls, buildings etc that we can plop down along our tracks. And then I woke up.

If that thing really works, I plan on walking the Long Beach street circuit, since that's the only way to do it without driving the wrong way down some major streets.

Malcolm Tucker likes this.
  14. Malcolm Tucker

United Kingdom Bournemouth
    PSN:glenn_cullen

lol, the comp doesn't exist yet but I'm sure there will be something along those lines.

There will have to be some sort of smoothing/editing function available otherwise it won't work. I'm going to cycle my routes and I won't be able to apex the corners properly on public roads on the wrong side and cutting up traffic(!) so if it takes my exact route it will be very messy indeed.

I'm expecting just a few standard locations like Eiger and Toscana, as it was in GT5. Hopefully we'll have a city one though, maybe Ronda based?

15. Falango

Canada Vancouver, BC
    PSN:GTP_Falango

Plopping pits and stuff sounds great, but doubtful. We'll probably just mark where the start finish is, or it just gathers it from the start of the GPS entries.