GT6 track editor

New Zealand
Auckland
Turbo_Kiwi021
Turbo91Kiwi
Hi guys does anyone have any news on whats happening with the track editor will it be a DLC or in the next update ive heard nothing about it that's all thanks

From what Kaz has mentioned about large updates, I'd imagine it's coming in the next few months. He did say there were big updates scheduled for January onwards, so it's just a case of wait and see...

In the last interview I read from Kaz he stated that there were going to be one large update in December, which we just got, and two in January. I would think that B-spec and track creator would be in those, especially the track creator since they hyped how large it was going to be before the game was released.

I can't wait, I've already designed a track round my home town centre (Bournemouth, UK)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5906365

2.3 miles, loads of interesting corners and massive elevation change (it's basically in a valley), it just needs smoothing in places (roundabouts etc) and it'll be a genuinely good track. The Real Life Track Design Competition is going to be interesting :D

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

Near the bottom of the page:

Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

If this feature stays true to it's description, we need people that run track days to start recreating some tracks we don't have in the game. They may not end up 100% accurate, and won't have the atmosphere and trackside features, but they could be better than nothing!

The problem with that is that in order to record the track accurately, you have to do it slowly and down the middle of the track all the way around. If you hit the "apexes" the track will end up being inaccurate.

If this feature stays true to it's description, we need people that run track days to start recreating some tracks we don't have in the game. They may not end up 100% accurate, and won't have the atmosphere and trackside features, but they could be better than nothing!
Do we know for sure that there won't be any features we can add in? They've never said so one way or the other. I'm imagining a sort of SimCity kind of thing, with some generic pits, stands, walls, buildings etc that we can plop down along our tracks. And then I woke up.

The problem with that is that in order to record the track accurately, you have to do it slowly and down the middle of the track all the way around. If you hit the "apexes" the track will end up being inaccurate.
If that thing really works, I plan on walking the Long Beach street circuit, since that's the only way to do it without driving the wrong way down some major streets.

Say whaaaaaaat? :confused:

lol, the comp doesn't exist yet but I'm sure there will be something along those lines.

There will have to be some sort of smoothing/editing function available otherwise it won't work. I'm going to cycle my routes and I won't be able to apex the corners properly on public roads on the wrong side and cutting up traffic(!) so if it takes my exact route it will be very messy indeed.

Do we know for sure that there won't be any features we can add in? They've never said so one way or the other. I'm imagining a sort of SimCity kind of thing, with some generic pits, stands, walls, buildings etc that we can plop down along our tracks. And then I woke up.

I'm expecting just a few standard locations like Eiger and Toscana, as it was in GT5. Hopefully we'll have a city one though, maybe Ronda based?

Plopping pits and stuff sounds great, but doubtful. We'll probably just mark where the start finish is, or it just gathers it from the start of the GPS entries.

Back