GT6 Tyre Bug on MR/FR Cars

I don't know if this is the same thing and I haven't had chance/time to read the whole of this thread but on the Nurb 24Min challenge if you pit, you gearbox loses about 10mph. I did the first 2 laps with my car topping out at around 200mph on the back straight then pitted for tyres/fuel. On the third lap my car now starts to top out at around 190 mph on the back straight and also has some minor handling issues. This I thought strange especially now that this as happened in at least three different cars to the best of my knowledge.

I now don't/didn't know if it's part of that race challenge or a bug after reading a little in this thread.:odd: :confused:

I don't know if this is the same thing and I haven't had chance/time to read the whole of this thread but on the Nurb 24Min challenge if you pit, you gearbox loses about 10mph. I did the first 2 laps with my car topping out at around 200mph on the back straight then pitted for tyres/fuel. On the third lap my car now starts to top out at around 190 mph on the back straight and also has some minor handling issues. This I thought strange especially now that this as happened in at least three different cars to the best of my knowledge.

I now don't/didn't know if it's part of that race challenge or a bug after reading a little in this thread.:odd: :confused:

I've never heard or experienced this one before, but to be honest I really am not suprised. If after pit the car feels different then there is definitely a possibility for other changes to take effect also.

This pit bug is very annoying and is the reason why i'm not touching GT6 for the moment, how hard can it be for the car to have the same feel/setting that it had before it went into the pits?

Something weird must be going on in the coding of the game, and PD are taking ages to fix this damn thing.

Why on earth did they release another unfinished game beats me, seems like a growing trend from a well respected AAA title but this can go on for only so long.

Assetto Corsa was released as beta and already in its infancy its making PD look like amateur programmers, and Kunos is a much smaller team. The only thing thats making me keep hope for PD is because of its history, any other title with this much amount of problems and I wouldnt give it another chance.

I think for me the final straw and chapter with PD will be what they do with GT7, then it will be sayonara for ever if these silly untested games gets a release.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, PD needs a group of driving enthusiast's as testers to test the game extensively BEFORE the game gets a release. It's not a good trait for a big company like PD to release a full game that is really in beta but it is becoming a trend in the modern internet age. This should stop, enough with the beta full game releases. Hire some testers PD and give them a window of 2-3 months before releasing the game.

But still this Pit bug really is a weird one, it makes me think how on earth is PD programming. Why does the cars feel different after pitstop? why cant the car just feel like it did before the pits? Is PD trying some new revolutionary tech for how the car should feel after pits? If so they have clearly failed.

It is a part of the bug..
There are actually 4 things that need to be fixed after a pitstop:

- tirewear
- topspeed
- car handling
- tire squeeling

Once and if they fix this, it will be like in gt5 that we'll go faster after the pitstop (with less fuel on board). As it should be..

I gave up on gt6.
Over 2 months ago i paid nearly 80euros for a game which really Lets the "pro"simracers down.
Nearly no communication about it and the promise that they cant guarantee it Will get fixed.

I'm now playing race07 on pc which Costed me 12,99. Maybe if we would all leave gt6 Kaz and PD would realise something is wrong and maybe, just maybe they'd fix their 80euro game where you cant even have a normal car after pitstop.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not necessary to repeat twice on different topics.

PoDi are certainly aware of the problem (at worst, there is twitter to alert), be patient. A bug isn't corrected in 2 days .....

PoDi are certainly aware of the problem (at worst, there is twitter to alert), be patient. A bug isn't corrected in 2 days .....
It's not like he's double posting, they are different topics. (Although they should be merged.) This bug has been around since the game has been released. I think that's more than 2 days.

Its been over 2 months, not two days

Ive sent a message to the gt6-moderator on psn, hè says they are not aware of this problem.
Ive sent a message to the facebookpage which does seem to be quite active, they dont even answer.

Be patiënt?
They shouldnt sell half of a product to the full price. And then expect me (us) to be happy with what i (we) got.
U might be happy doing time trials but i have paid to play online with my friends. And to have the Same car after a pitstop.

And apologies if i posted twice.

Rectification : a bug can't be corrected in two days....

Half of a product ? If you read the official site, this is exactly we have in the game.

And online is free on PS3. Updates are free. Until today, DLCs are free.

Yes, be patient. Look, wide tires bug has been fixed. PoDi hears us.

anyway to fix the loss of grip? with stable cars

The way we are dealing with it is to tune for the second set of tires specifically. It's a bit cumbersome, but basically go on track, run your out lap, pit and change tires and then run a few laps to see what the car is doing. Problems with the second set will show up immediately. Tune for that feel and you should be good.

It does mean sacrificing some top speed/laptime off of your first set, but if you race like we do you will be glad you did it that way.

I did not notice the OP problems with the game until yesterday, when I ran my first online race of a small championship we are setting here. And on top of all that i want to add the following.
We are running races with qualification sessions. In a 15 minute session I lost the car at some point and decided because of limited time left to enter the pits and change tires from RS to RH, just to get a feeling of the car with them, since I hadn't had any chance to practice during the weekend with said compound.
I did not know what would happen, since I was accustomed to GT5 where, if you changed the original stint in-practice, the tire selection would revert to the first choice you made before entering the track, when the actual race started.

To my surprise, the tire graphic on the bottom left quoted RH when the quali-session ended and the race started. However my first 7 laps were more than satisfactory to me, having gained 4 positions and not loosing significant time compared to the "fast pack" in front of me. Then, after the 1st pitstop ... disaster. The car (Base Supra GT500) had a totally different behaviour than the first stint, which I guess the whole thread is about.

However I got really confused. Ah! I forgot to mention that my 1st and 2nd pitstop were problematic, since I did not get to choose type of tires and amount of fuel. Something about me entering the pitlane too fast the other guys informed me after the race.

I know it sounds stupid but what kind of tires was I racing during my first three stints? I know that the answer must be racing hards, but the times and feeling I got from my first race stint were similar to the qualifying session run. I must mention that I am a mediocre driver, but I am somewhat consistent in my laps.

Track: Silverstone 5,8 km, 31 laps, tire wear fast
Car: Toyota Supra Base
Qualif. laps: 1:55:mids average using RS
1st stint laps 1"55:highs average using RH (probably...)
2nd and 3d stint laps 2:02:mids average using the same tires as the first stint since I did not get the selection menu during my pit entrance and full load of fuel.
Control DS3.

Right, how the car handle before pit stops is brilliant but everything else is not.

No pit lane limiter to press before entering and exiting the pits. (A must for a racing sim)

No engine that can blow up if you push the engine or change down the gears to quickly. (A must for a racing sim)

No graphic during the race telling you the gap to the car in front, behind and the leader. (A must for a racing sim)

No way of picking the amount of petrol you go out on track with. Either during practice, qualy or race. (A must of a racing sim)

There are more.

and now this tyre/pit bug thing, that you can't have a proper race because of it. It has been in the game since it came out and PD don't even acknowledge it. Gran Turoisimo isn't a Racing sim and never has. At the moment it's at best, a bad arcade game.

Stop advertising cars for car companies with your game. No one wants to know what the inside of a Toyota Yaris looks like while playing a game. We can all do that in real life you tit. We want to be stuck in the middle of a pack of cars driving down to Eau roughe in the wet. Were you can't even see where you are going because of the spray.......and it's getting dark......and all in cars none of us will never be able to drive in real life and probably never even see in the flesh. I can get up of the sofa right now and look into the Yaris across the street.

Stop wasting time with drawing out the yaris and the countless cars like it. Spend the time putting things into the game that are fundamentals........ Oh and maybe spend some time on FIXING ANY MAGOR BUGS BEFORE RELEASING. **** ME SIDE WAYS. Every time you guys release something it's ****ed. Since PD went online with Prolouge everything that they released has been broken. It's not even like other are having difficulty releasing an online racing game without fundamentals not in place.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all this PD ****. Wise up PD, you have dishonored yourselves.

i got another experience with change tyres online the gear ratio of my car change when you go to box put ss and after that put rs now the gear ratios are more short than normal

Skidding increases after pitstop, wheels are skidding constantly even driving on straight, evidence can be checked from data logger with wheel speeds and drive speed.

i got another experience with change tyres online the gear ratio of my car change when you go to box put ss and after that put rs now the gear ratios are more short than normal
A different size diameter tire would do that, it's actually called the axle ratio.

Don't know if mentioned before, but when you lower the premium Alpine all the way down, the rear tire's go through the fender's. You can see the tread of the tire and everything.

Skidding increases after pitstop, wheels are skidding constantly even driving on straight, evidence can be checked from data logger with wheel speeds and drive speed.
A different size diameter tire would do that, it's actually called the axle ratio.
Just spitballing here, but what if what's happening is, a pit stop gives you a slightly different diameter wheel/tire, but somehow the coding got mixed up and the game is behaving as if the old tire diameter is still present? That would explain both the increased tire wear and the skidding noise.

Hello all, I don't usually post because all the "problems" aren't really the cars or the game. Still, the game has some bugs and this one is a possible online race breaker. This tire bug caught my attention and decided to give it a test before saying "MR/FR" cars are fine/broken.

PP, settings and suspension are not relevant I believe, but I will post them anyways:

MR2 '97
425PP
SH
All Aids off
Tuned to my liking
Brands Hatch
Normal wear

With that in mind, I did two tests, 20 laps each one. I changed tires (with no refueling) at lap 10. Before the tire change, laps (first 10) were within 0.4 seconds with a best of 52.9.

After the tire change (last 10 laps) times were practically identical: all within 0.4 seconds. When I changed tires, I used 8 gallons of fuel. I won't give a verdict yet, I will do two more tests of 40 laps each (changing tires at lap 20 on a bigger track) to see if the fuel plays a bigger part (lighter car).

Hello all, I don't usually post because all the "problems" aren't really the cars or the game. Still, the game has some bugs and this one is a possible online race breaker. This tire bug caught my attention and decided to give it a test before saying "MR/FR" cars are fine/broken.

PP, settings and suspension are not relevant I believe, but I will post them anyways:

MR2 '97
425PP
SH
All Aids off
Tuned to my liking
Brands Hatch
Normal wear

With that in mind, I did two tests, 20 laps each one. I changed tires (with no refueling) at lap 10. Before the tire change, laps (first 10) were within 0.4 seconds with a best of 52.9.

After the tire change (last 10 laps) times were practically identical: all within 0.4 seconds. When I changed tires, I used 8 gallons of fuel. I won't give a verdict yet, I will do two more tests of 40 laps each (changing tires at lap 20 on a bigger track) to see if the fuel plays a bigger part (lighter car).
From most testing, the effect of this bug is pronounced on racing tires, not the lower end sports ones.

Back