GT6 vs. IRL

• Thread starter tinram
  • 61 comments
GTP_paltik
Post 2 pics, one from GT and another from your car in action. Let's see how close we can make them look.

Here's mine, not the best but enough to get us started.

11272200933_5df19070b3_c.jpg

11293249293_b888417531_c.jpg

:drool: Wow! Those are unbelievable! Made mine look like a 2 year old messing around with photomode.

Last edited:
Hello, post here pictures with realistic photo angles having in mind the position of a real person in a real place giving that "realistic" look and not the "magazine edited" look.

Search for pictures of the real world competitions and certain cars that are in GT6, and try to "copy" what you see.

Pictures can be edited using photo-shop if you find an old picture in the internet for example and want to give the same look in the GT6 picture.

This happened a couple of minutes ago and reminded me of the past Nürburgring 24hs and had to do it...despite the low quality (I just cut the photo and did no more)...you can see the physics of the game in action compared to the real world.

Also it is impossible to take the very same angles in this case because all are taken from the outside of the track and with different hight. So it will be not 100% accurate.

But this is an example of what I want to see.

Y6dpLRc.jpg

Bf0U1hK.jpg

k4pIgRA.jpg

CId0kee.jpg

Gmcc3S2.jpg

0uo7bqb.jpg

The very same exact spot...the very same cool little jump in the very same way. PD is incredible.

The most accurate the better.

Enjoy. ;)

That is an incredible shot you got, and this is a brilliant idea for a thread. Somebody photographed their real life Toyota 86 and replicated that shot very well in the "Post your own car" thread. That could be a start.

That is an incredible shot you got, and this is a brilliant idea for a thread. Somebody photographed their real life Toyota 86 and replicated that shot very well in the "Post your own car" thread. That could be a start.

Thank you mate, it takes time to take the actual photo and the better thing is to have a tablet in where you can see the real life pictures and make it possible in GT6 while taking it. Or use 2 screens, your PC or laptop and the TV for your PS3. ;)

This is more "realistic" than trying to edit the whole picture to make it look real (or over-saturated in some cases) with impossible angles, in my humble opinion.

Hope to see yours!

The very same exact spot...the very same cool little jump in the very same way. PD is incredible.

The most accurate the better.

I'm not surprised, Yamauchi-san was driving that car! And according to a recent article on Eurogamer, when the issue appeared during the 2013 24h race, Kaz used Gran Turismo to realize what was wrong and tell the engineers how to adjust the aero to prevent the GT3 GT-R from doing wheelies at the Flugplatz.

I posted these in my Picture Gallery but thought I'll post these here too.

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2006 and 2009 for a single day and loved the event so much, me and my Brother camped at the Festival for the entire weekend in 2011.

When it was announced that GT6 would include the Goodwood hill climb course, I was so excited and have spent several hours on this one circuit alone, chipping off seconds in various cars. After taking to the Photomode function as much as I did in GT4 and GT5, I realised I could replicate one of my real life Goodwood shots. It's tricky as half the shots I took in real life are in the paddock, around the stands and at the top in the rally stage but I finally found one shot that was possible to replicate.

Not too bad I reckon!

Goodwood FOS 2011

DSC04992_zps4c76d8a8.jpg

Gran Turismo 6

GoodwoodHillclimb_3_zpsf9e52332.jpg

@Wools You did a great job. Lovely picture. (mostly the real one of course hehe)

Sad to not see more, I´m about to start to do more of this since I like to do "realistic" angles not just fancy (easy) shots if you know what I mean.

You're very good at matching shots Farushi, the angle and focal length, really makes the most accurate shot matches. Not quite sure why you didn't match the car colour on that last one, but still great stuff. 👍

Back