GT6 World Circuit Survey!

• Thread starter RobertM525
  • 35 comments
United States
Oregon
Comrade-Shepard
I've always wondered how everyone felt about the various real world tracks in GT6, so I've created a survey to find out!

You can access the survey here.

For simplicity's sake, I combined some of the tracks' variants. I know it's not ideal, but I figured doing every variation might be both tedious and somewhat redundant. I did separate out the ovals from their road course variants, though, and the Nordschleife variants of the Nürburgring from the other two.

This is my first time using Google Forms, so I apologize if there are issues with it.

Responses should be visible here. (Not that there are any yet.)

EDIT: I forgot the Red Bull Ring! Ack! I fixed it now. The first five respondents didn't have it as one of their options.

Last edited:
Fuji is currently giving us the finger. Haha!

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 3.23.49 PM.png

Nice, simple, idea. Well done @RobertM525 :cheers:

A bit too early to get any definitive results yet but there seem to be some patterns emerging already.
Will be interesting to come back to this in a month's time and see how it pans out 👍

Would be interested to have the same thing in a different survey for the non real world tracks, though I suspect at the moment that might be skewed in the direction of Sierra :lol:

A bit too early to get any definitive results yet but there seem to be some patterns emerging already.

Indeed. With 109 responses so far, here's the ranking (and average score):

1. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps: 4.59
  2. Circuit de la Sarthe: 4.3
  3. Nürburgring Nordschleife: 4.27
  4. Suzuka Circuit: 4.11
  5. Autodromo Nazionale Monza: 4.03
  6. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 3.9
  7. Nürburgring GP/D, GP/F: 3.85
  8. Silverstone: 3.79
  9. Brands Hatch: 3.62
  10. Red Bull Ring: 3.55
  11. Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit: 3.5
  12. Fuji Speedway: 3.2
  13. Twin Ring Motegi Road Courses: 3.19
  14. Tsukuba Circuit: 3.11
  15. Goodwood Hillclimb: 3
  16. Indianapolis Road Course: 2.81
  17. Ascari Race Resort: 2.69
  18. Willow Springs: 2.68
  19. Daytona Road Course: 2.6
  20. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway: 2.59
  21. Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 2.44
  22. Daytona International Speedway: 2.39

(And if anyone's interested, the overall mean is 3.37.)

EDIT: Ya know, in retrospect, I think I really should've put Monaco on here, no matter where GT6 categorizes it.

Last edited:
Nice survey! I'm kinda surprised not many people like indianapolis road course, I enjoy it a lot!
A number of the results have surprised me, actually.

First, Goodwood is higher than I expected. Second, I can't believe people love the Nordschleife and hate Ascari. (Is it because of the Nordscheleife's reputation?) Third, I'm surprised Willow Springs is so poorly thought of. Finally, for all that people talk about loving it, I would've thought that Mount Panorama would be higher up the list. But its average score doesn't capture just how diverse opinions are of it:

chart

What I'm not super surprised by is that people apparently hate ovals and love Spa.

So very interesting stuff! I'll be curious to see how the results change over time.

Last edited:
I agree Monaco should be on there.
Yeah, I can't believe I missed it. :banghead: In my defense, I was using a list of the tracks listed under "World Circuits" in GT6. One that was outdated, actually, and didn't include the Red Bull Ring. Fortunately, I remembered the Red Bull Ring early enough to add it before many responses had come in (5 people had taken it, though one was me), but I remembered Monaco after over 100 people had taken it, so it seemed silly to add it at that point.

But Goodwood and Brands Hatch averaging 3-3.5??? For shame GTPlanet sample!
I also posted it on Reddit, if it makes you feel any better. :)

Thanks, all, for the kind responses. :)

Here's the updated rankings, now with 209 responses:

1. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps: 4.49
  2. Nürburgring Nordschleife: 4.3
  3. Suzuka Circuit: 4.14
  4. Circuit de la Sarthe: 4.11
  5. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 3.99
  6. Autodromo Nazionale Monza: 3.95
  7. Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit: 3.72
  8. Nürburgring GP/D, GP/F: 3.71
  9. Silverstone: 3.68
  10. Brands Hatch: 3.65
  11. Red Bull Ring: 3.44
  12. Fuji Speedway: 3.31
  13. Twin Ring Motegi Road Courses: 3.26
  14. Tsukuba Circuit: 3.25
  15. Goodwood Hillclimb: 2.99
  16. Daytona Road Course: 2.86
  17. Willow Springs: 2.83
  18. Ascari Race Resort: 2.77
  19. Indianapolis Road Course: 2.75
  20. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway: 2.68
  21. Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 2.49
  22. Daytona International Speedway: 2.44
Some definite shifting of the rankings!

Wow, why do so little people like/love Ascari?

Simple fact is, if you hate it because you're going off the track, then you don't know the track well enough. When you know the right lines etc for that track, it becomes an awesome place to hoon around on.

I'm guessing it's because of the License Test with the Veyron. Personally, it's one of my favourite new tracks in the series. Great flow and various types of corners for testing cars. It's a bit narrow for racing, but that makes it a nice challenge 👍

I'm surprised how many people like Monza though. Despite all it's history, it's an average track for me.

So Spa is as of now the favorite race track of most people, Im not surprised cause its one of my favorite aswell.

Outside of Laguna Seca, US tracks are generally disliked which is interesting. I'm one of the few that voted Spa as a three since I've done more laps on it than I'd like haha.

I almost like every world track, simply because the exist in real-life. I'm not a fan of ovals son I rarely use them.

Spa, A-1 Ring, Ascari, Motegi and Brands Hatch are my absolute favorite. But I do use the other tracks very often as well. I just love real circuits!

I loooooove Spa, Suzuka, Bathurst, Brands Hatch, The Ring and Red Bull ring... Dislike, not necessarily hate, ovals. however I like Daytona Road Course on my C6 ZR1 and Viper, feels natural...

Nice idea!

I think from the survey that it's tracks that we've grown up with and know so well, and that have real motorsport history that we connect to most - that's my hypothesis as to why Ascari is quite low.

Wow! 439 responses! Definitely more than I expected!

So, here's the ranking and average scores of each track (though be sure to check out the actual vote distributions of each one, since a single, average score misses a lot):

1. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps: 4.49
  2. Nürburgring Nordschleife: 4.29
  3. Circuit de la Sarthe: 4
  4. Suzuka Circuit: 3.98
  5. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 3.89
  6. Autodromo Nazionale Monza: 3.88
  7. Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit: 3.85
  8. Brands Hatch: 3.73
  9. Silverstone: 3.66
  10. Nürburgring GP/D, GP/F: 3.6
  11. Red Bull Ring: 3.53
  12. Tsukuba Circuit: 3.3
  13. Twin Ring Motegi Road Courses: 3.24
  14. Fuji Speedway: 3.23
  15. Goodwood Hillclimb: 3.07
  16. Ascari Race Resort: 2.97
  17. Willow Springs: 2.96
  18. Daytona Road Course: 2.85
  19. Indianapolis Road Course: 2.72
  20. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway: 2.56
  21. Daytona International Speedway: 2.41
  22. Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 2.36
Not a ton of movement, but there are some changes (e.g., Ascari has moved up and has a score closer to 3, Suzuka and la Sarthe swapped positions).

Back