GT6's >MISSING< Tracks Discussion [Re-Build in Progress]

I

hated that track

Wasn't so much that I hated it, but it was poorly implemented. What I would have loved to have seen would be:
  • Camera shots and angles realistic to the the TV Series
  • The implementation and modelling of (at least one) the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car (preferably the Liana)
  • Recreation of some of the Challenges (i.e. Evo X vs Avantime modified with a limit of $10k of parts)
  • Weather effects (surface water was available on one license test, that's it :grumpy:)-would love to have seen rain and snow (as it's done on some occasions)
  • The Short circuit variant-starting just after Hammerhead, you go along the follow through and take the shortcut by turning into Chicago, then going around Hammerhead and back to the start
    Topgear_test_track.gif

These are some of the elements that would have made the Test track worthwhile, and better than Forza's take (which does have the Kia Cee'd and the Reasonably priced car challenge).
If PD decide to bring it back, they need to treat it and bring with it the challenges, events and the experience that makes Top Gear an entertaining show, and not just another racing track

Last edited:
-> ...
Hey Vanishing Boy, the Rome Circuit(GT2-GT3), Hong Kong Circuit, were in GTPSP but only available via CWCheat
- Hong Kong
Rome Circuit

these were done possible by @Xenn

^ Hmm, interesting! Will update the list for that, thanks! 👍

-> But seeing HK on GTPSP? On GT4, HK was a nightmare for me!! Imagine that on PSP!!! :eek:

Btw TVB, you didn't respond to some of my lasts posts on the GT5 missing tracks thread:
^ I will log some of these tracks featured in VGT and update it later. To be honest, if only GT5 had the same graphical quality as VGT (w/ detailed interior of course) instead of going overboared with their graphical dept. and focus on the sound dept. instead...then GT5 would be a whole different game that was released 2.5 years earlier, but thats my opinion.

-> But the Grand Canyon Road vid was provided by tre (or GT.no) 2 years before, so I'll stick to that vid. :)

Is it possible to contribute some ideas for other track variations?
^ Yes, but don't go overbored. We had that a lot on the GT5 version. Plus it has to have a wide acceptance in the GTP people. But...this thread hasn't had the same fanfare as it was in the GT5 so I don't know.

Btw, I found this picture recently, which shows where Trail III is situated:

View attachment 101458

Credit goes to the website in the picture.

Also, if you watch GT4 replays whilst on Cathedral Rocks, you can see the corner/track that makes Trail III-but of course, cannot be driven on :dunce:
^ At first, I was wondering on where CRIII was. But thats a neat map! Thanks for sharing! :)

I

hated that track
^ Hated? Thats harsh. More like boring IMHO. :indiff:

Wasn't so much that I hated it, but it was poorly implemented. What I would have loved to have seen would be:
  • Camera shots and angles realistic to the the TV Series
  • The implementation and modelling of (at least one) the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car (preferably the Liana)
  • Recreation of some of the Challenges (i.e. Evo X vs Avantime modified with a limit of $10 of parts)
  • Weather effects (surface water was available on one license test, that's it :grumpy:)-would love to have seen rain and snow (as it's done on some occasions)
  • The Short circuit variant-starting just after Hammerhead, you go along the follow through and take the shortcut by turning into Chicago, then going around Hammerhead and back to the start
    Topgear_test_track.gif

These are some of the elements that would have made the Test track worthwhile, and better than Forza's take (which does have the Kia Cee'd and the Reasonably priced car challenge).
If PD decide to bring it back, they need to treat it and bring with it the challenges, events and the experience that makes Top Gear an entertaining show, and not just another racing track
^ Point well taken! 👍

-> If only PD adapted the way that Forza did on FM4 on having Dunsfold having multiple variations (like the full runway for example), then it would have a different outcome. Plus PD really did screw up the TGUK license. :indiff:

Btw, I am now following you... ;)
^ Hey now, you're scaring me!... :scared:

Yes Midfield is getting most of the love. But I kinda agree, it had a very good flow! Also it's pretty good to see my favorites, Seattle, El Capitain, Costa di Amalfi among the favorites!

About Hong Kong, I used to hate it on GT4, but I would love to have it in GT6... specially for cruising. :)

-> ...
My point was that the track is playable (in this demo only) without the need to hack/use gameshark
^ The track was playable on GTC Toyota Demo. But it was a GS/AR hack on GT4P as you can see on tre's video.

Yes Midfield is getting most of the love. But I kinda agree, it had a very good flow! Also it's pretty good to see my favorites, Seattle, El Capitain, Costa di Amalfi among the favorites!

About Hong Kong, I used to hate it on GT4, but I would love to have it in GT6... specially for cruising. :)
^ The '90s was the better of the two.

Great work! I had no idea of this history, being new to GT. So I don't understand what the "Hidden" and "Secret" tracks are. Unfortunately, the link to that page in your blog is broken, too.

Does this mean there are tracks in GT6 which are available if you know how to find them?

Thanks @The Vanishing Boy !!

^ Thanks for the compliment and I've already updated the link! :)

-> I have to get back of doing this again, because I was a little bit got discouraged of continuing the list since the suggestion pages went up. But thanks to you GBO, I've just restored my new found motivation of continuing on!

-> I have to review the list again and try to list down my 3rd list, the possible/rumored tracks. :)

Great work! :bowdown:

[Long post about Grand Valley coming, prepare yourselves.... sorry to all you TL;DR guys.]

I'd love to see Grand Valley from GT3 come back! The changes they made in GT4 really slowed down the pace and killed the flow. I can't stand the kinks in-between the second hairpin and the first tunnel in particular. Much more flowing in GT1, 2 and 3.

Plus the environment just felt better with the darker colors; similar to the old Deep Forest feel. GT5/6's originals (barring Autumn Ring) have this over-exposed, sun beating down, dead wasteland feel that I just can't stand. Apricot Hill is pretty good on GT6, but it feels like it's out in the middle of farm-land nowhere compared to GT3. But I guess that's the price to pay for a more realistic look.

I just think the originals should stick to a slightly more arcade look and feel that they had in the first few GT titles considering they are fake to begin with. I loved the darker night time setting, the abundance of trees, the orange sunset etc. I'll admit I'm a little GT3 biased on this issue but that's because the look and feel of that game still blows me away to this day. Smokey Mtn, Deep Forest, Seattle, Laguna Seca at sunset, Midfield, all the awesome Rome variants and of course the Original Grand Valley(s)! :D

I would make a GT Track suggestion thread for the Old Grand Valley, but sadly I doubt most people remember, could tell a difference or much less care. It's just one of those things I'll have to keep to myself and just pop in GT1-3 if I wanna experience it again. The changes may seem subtle to some, but they make all the difference to me.

[Rant over :)]

Thanks for the great thread, The Vanishing Boy! :cheers:

Wonder thread. Please keep it up VB. Also, the Rome old GT2/3 Rome circuit beats the brakes off the Rome track we have now and in GT5. In fact it's better than any city course offered on GT5/6 period.:boggled:

I so wanted them to bring back SSR11, and build Road America and Watkins Glenn. However I would really enjoy the old Rome and El' Capitan in GT6/7.:bowdown:

Those are two knock out tracks. Thanks for your work Vanishing Boy.👍

-> At the moment, I'm doing some revisions at the Blogger site. I'm still trying to add up the 'possible' list page, but I'm trying to gather up all the ideas from the GT5 thread.

Great work! :bowdown:

Thanks for the great thread, The Vanishing Boy! :cheers:

Wonder thread. Please keep it up VB. Thanks for your work Vanishing Boy.👍
^ Thank you for the compliments! :)👍

Mock-up of fourth Cathedral Rocks Trail layout:
sOj7le7.png

Also, OP, you do realize that we are running XenForo now? ;)
^ I already added it on the 'possible' list. 👍

;)

-> ...

^ Hmm, interesting! Will update the list for that, thanks! 👍

-> But seeing HK on GTPSP? On GT4, HK was a nightmare for me!! Imagine that on PSP!!! :eek:

No the problems in HK in GTPSP is:
The Race selection is still shown in the sky
Textures in HK are that ugly due to being a PS2 quality course
There are no opponent markers
Replay is similar to GT4

While Rome....
AIs cannot race.
Textures are also horrible

But WAIT! There are more tracks in GTPSP
Smokey Mountain North(GT2-GT3)

Tahiti Dirt Route 3

Complex String(GT3)
Complex_String.png

Heres are some other hidden tracks
END track(GT1)

GT2 2nd Demo Hidden Tracks

If you want more secrets go to these links
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-gt-psp-research-topic.269582/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-4-prologue-hidden-features.283725/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-gt3-research-topic-might-not-be-56k-friendly.240941/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/searching-for-evidence-of-hidden-things.78938/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-gt4-research-topic.251394/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/searching-for-evidence-of-hidden-things-gt1-version.233277/

Last edited:
^ I've already discovered those Secret Tracks and more on my past thread in the greatest detail possible thanks to many people who've contributed greatly! :)

GT5's >Missing< Tracks Thread

-> But thank you for bringing it up! ;)

-> I will re-format the list again without the images this time, due to the fact of GTP's complicated posting glitches. I will get back to it once I get ample time. Thanks everyone!

:)

EDIT -> ...

Also, OP, you do realize that we are running XenForo now? ;)
^ XenForo!? Whats that?

Last edited:
-> Here is another find from BisharpVercetti:

Circle 80
ePSXe2014-06-2419-55-30-38_zpsd6cc1783.png

^ What!? I don't even.... :eek:

BT -> As you can see, I'm rebuilding the thread little by little.

- I'm removing these posted images due to GTPs posting problems. Instead I've provided an image link to my Picasa page.
- I'm going to add "My Take," it would be my personal opinion/speculation of each tracks posted.

^ Oh well, thats it at the moment! :)

I

hated that track
So did I.

I seen somebody call Midfield "a pathetic little circuit" once but frankly that's how I feel about the Top Gear test track. It really isn't much of a track anyway.

-> Here is another find from BisharpVercetti:

Circle 80
ePSXe2014-06-2419-55-30-38_zpsd6cc1783.png

^ What!? I don't even.... :eek:
That really isn't anything new at all, it is just the license test circle track from GT2, BisharpVercetti just got a shot at the number in the middle of it. ;)

Bottom line, my point is if you already have the circle tracks from GT2 on the list, there is no need to add this one to it because it would only be a duplicate entry. Just saying. :scared:

-> ...
I still think that "Not Found in Game Files" would be a better term than "killed-off" for GT1-GT3 tracks.
EDIT: oh, whoops. :lol:
^ I've changed the term from "killed off" to "omitted" to make it look/sound better! ;)

-> Yes. After months of deliberation, I have been fixing the list at my blogger page as I type one-by-one along with my takes on each course.

LINK

^ If you guys have any imputs or suggestions please let me know! Many thanks!

:)

Amazing thread Vanishing Boy!

I have only played 5 and 6, but my fave was the long, through the country track, called Eifel, I think. It was a high speed track and you could just "Flow through the land" kind of feeling. It was one of those "online tracks" in GT5. It appeared in some seasonals I remember.
Cheers, Pete

-> Guys, I'm going to go back and redo this again and I apologize for the hold up. Real life and a new YT channel really did a good one (in a very bad way) for me. :indiff:

-> I will re-edit this GT version and the Forza version at the same time! All I need to do now is where to start again, since it has been 2 years of hold-out for me...any suggestions would be great!

-> And I will be mentioning this whole ordeal on my new YouTube channel in the near future! Again, many thanks! ;)

Back