GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Speaking of GTAV, anyone think Max Payne 3 has a GTAV vibe to it? I mean, a lot of the cars, boats and helicopters seem like they were pulled from a GTA game. And even the character models have the trademark GTA blocky hand movements at times. It's almost as if MP3 is running in GTAV's engine....maybe they're even in the same universe, now, who knows. It's like playing through a sneak peak of GTAV...like an extended demo.

It totally makes sense to me that GTAV is in Los Santos. I mean, Rockstar just did a bunch of research on LA for LA Noir, and since there's a fictional version of LA in the GTA universe, why not use LA for the next GTA game. That way the don't have to spend money to research a location because they've already got a lot of it. Sure, they'll need to update the buildings and stuff, but...they can also do a lot of satirical buildings because it's Los Santos and not Los Angeles.

I mean...to be honest, everyone should've seen it coming when LA Noir was being made.

I'm not big on the rage engine. There are way better engines out there for use.

I think it's a great engine. Just look at the graphics in RDR, they really perfected the lighting. :drool:

And V will be running on an even better version of that engine.

I don't mind it, I just don't like the way it feels I guess. It looks alright though.

So...Rockstar won't be at E3...again? And wouldn't you know it, it's before the release of a GTA game...again. I believe they did this with GTA San Andreas, GTAIV, LA Noire and MP3...and I also believe those games were released shortly thereafter....or about a few years later in Max Payne's case. This is just Rockstar being Rockstar...they're too cool for E3...no, seriously, they REALLY are too cool for E3. I mean...they crap out gold.

I don't expect the game until next spring anyway. It seems like they've settled on May as their big release month. GTA4 came out at the end of April, and RDR, LA Noire, and MP3 were May titles.

It was on the list, huh? We've been here before and Rockstar pulled out at the last second. I wouldn't count on a GTAV or any Rockstar presence at E3. If they show, it's a pleasant surprise. If not...it's expected by now.

No show.

EDIT: Apparently a second full trailer has been leaked but has since been taken down.

There's still rumors that a new trailer will appear on the floor tomorrow. If anyone is there, I'd hover around Take-Two Interactive's booth. They'd be the ones presenting it since Rockstar isn't there.

Personally, I respect Rockstar for ditching E3. They're games do just fine without the E3 hype. They should put an "E3" spoof in GTAV, though...since the game takes place in a fictional LA.

Like I said last November 2011 when this was announced, GTA5 is not going to be out in 2012. Expect it early 2013.
I am still keeping an eye on that bet in post #276. :sly:

Grand Theft Auto V is coming to Gamescom 2012, the video below confirms the game’s presence at the event.

While I'm hoping that Gamescom will finally see the release of the highly anticipated second trailer for GTA5, that video does not prove anything. Quite frankly, a two second clip from the eight month old trailer cannot be taken as proof.

Yep, unfortunately. T2 Interactive's sign was shown, but they may be revealing more about 2K's Borderlands 2 than GTA.

I also don't exactly see Gamescom as the kind of venue Rockstar would like to announce more about GTA V. I think we'll end up waiting til' August/October before we get teased again.

New screens:

Taken from here.

With info:

“What is going on with GTAV?” – received via Mouthoff

We are very busy working on the game! Everything is going well, but the game is a huge project. We should have more information and some new assets for you soon.

“Why don’t you give us more news?” – received via Mouthoff

As we have said before, we have often had long gaps between asset releases on previous games and will continue to do so in the future. We are sorry if you find this frustrating, but please understand, we don’t do this because we ‘don’t care about our fans' 'don’t respect our fans’ 'hate GTA fans etc' – precisely the opposite! We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information. We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet. We did, however, manage to sneak a quick screenshot out for you… it’s not much, but we thought it was pretty fun.

newswire_1342100433.jpg

newswire_1342100464.jpg

That game is looking great but those trees look a little funny. Really hope theres more than 1 city.

BTW That bridge in the background...I know there is countryside but maybe...just maybe that's a hint.

EDIT:

Also love that Rockstar confirmed that planes are for sure coming back and that GTA V is going ot be the biggest GTA yet for sure on their newswire.

Last edited:
Back