Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Katiegan
KatieB53
~Pretty picture to make everything look fabulous will be here soon~

Welcome to the GTPlanet Car Soccer League!
Or GTPCSL, for short, 'cause abbreviation is cool.

What on Earth...?
Is what you might be asking right now. "But Gran Turismo doesn't have car soccer!" No, it does not. Until now. The brainiacs of the GTP GRC have come up with a way for drivers to enjoy football/soccer on GT5 as well as Forza. Allow me to explain...

How It Works
Two teams of up to 7 people must try and score goals, much like real life soccer/football. Games will be played on the Top Gear Test Track with the goals being at either end of the straight. The whole track is the field, so if the ball (or in this case, Fiat 500) is pushed off the straight, you've got to work that little bit harder to get it to your goal. Games start in the middle of the straight, with one player from each team facing the ball/Fiat. The referee will either say on mic or sound their horn when the game kicks off. The two players from either team will then fight for the ball/Fiat and try to score it in their goal, working with their teammates to get it there, while trying to fight off the other team.

Teams
Teams, as mentioned, can have up to 7 players. Each team must be one car, either a race car, normal car, hybrid etc and all cars in said team must be exatcly the same. For example, a team of WRC Focus' against a team of WRC C4s. If you choose to have a team of normal cars, they must all have the same paint and wheel colour. Obviously the exact colour isn't too important, just as long as it's the same shade of blue, red or whatever. Each team must also have a captain that will line up next to the ball/Fiat 500 in the centre of the straight before kick-off, and each team needs a goalkeeper that stays at either end of the straight. Goalkeeper cars can be different to the rest of the team.

The Ball
The ball, also as mentioned, will be a white Fiat 500 F '68 which can be found in the Recommended garage if you do not have one. Whoever is the 'ball' is not allowed to move to aid any teams in goals or whatever, they must not control the car until a goal has been scored, which they then need to drive to the middle of the straight for the game to resume.

The Referee
The referee car will be the Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) '01, unless of course there is a team of pace cars in which the referee car will have to be something significantly different to both teams. The referee will also need a mic to call out goals/fowls etc. The off-side rule and free kick rule will not be in place for matches. Free kicks will only be awarded as penalties when a fowl takes place, not when the ball goes off track.

Fowls
Fowls can be deliberate ramming of another player who is not in possession of the ball, hitting another player deliberatly at high speed, or pushing the goalkeeper away to prevent them from saving goals. It is up to the referee to decide if something is a fowl. Yellow and red cards can also be given by referees for fowls and/or unruly behaviour. Failure to co-operate with the referee will result in match bans and a potential permanent ban from the league.

Sounds sweet! How do I join?
Joining is simple! Just fill out the registry form and we'll get back to you.

Registry Form
GTP Username:
PSN Username:
Your Time Zone:
Team:
(If creating a new team) Team Players:
(If creating a new team) Team Car:

Example
GTP Username: Katiegan
PSN Username: Katiegan
Your Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+0)
Team: Hoon Platoon
Team Players: Recruiting
Team Car: Ford Focus Rally Car '99

We are currently not accepting new teams into the league.

Last edited:
Teams

Hoon Platoon
Car: Ford Focus Rally Car '99
Captain:
Katiegan

Goalkeeper:
Dean J

Players:
TheKitten

Travis Pastrami
Car: Citroen C4 WRC '08
Captain:
Stormtrooper217

Goalkeeper:

Players:
The Stig Farmer
ELmarctuff

Time Travellers
Car: DMC DeLorean S2 '04
Captain:
TripleA5

Goalkeeper:

Players:
JakobNascar88
Dano20

Seattle Sounders
Car: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Captain:
Jahgee1124

Goalkeeper:

Players:

Referees
Katiegan

Last edited:
Example
GTP Username: TheKitten
PSN Username: RSM-TheKitten
Your Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone thingy
Team: Hoon Platoon
Team Players: O.o
Team Car: Ford Focus Rally Car '99

I CALL FOCUS :D. We need like big people as defense like SUV or something?

I shall enter!

GTP Username: Stormtrooper217
PSN Username: Stormtrooper2178
Your Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT+5)
Team: Travis Pastrami
Team Players: Stormtrooper217(8), recruiting.
Team Car: Citroën C4 Rally Car '08... '09? Whatever one has Red Bull on it. :P

Last edited:
Second post has been updated with teams. I take it you'll be team captain, Storm? Also, people can be referees as well as players, however if your team is playing a match you cannot be a referee. You can also just sign up solely as a referee.

Yep, I'm team captain.

Travis Pastrami: "'Meat' is an anagram for 'team'."

I can be the GK 👍. When(ever) I play football (soccer for Americans) "in real life", I always gets positioned in front of the goal :lol:.

Is there defense? Or no? And whats HP limit :3?

No defense, and no HP limit. Cars can have any horsepower, any PP, any whatever. As long as all the cars on one team are the same.

I can be the GK 👍. When(ever) I play football (soccer for Americans) "in real life", I always gets positioned in front of the goal :lol:.

Which team would you like to be goalkeeper for? :)

Hm... I don't know, so just put me somewhere :lol:. I'm actually not sure if I'll be able to attend (only depends on the time of the event).

I'll put you as my goalkeeper then, unless Storm really wants you on his team. :lol:

Dean, you must join me or suffer the consequences.

Nah, I'm fine with you being on Katie's team.

Soccer? On GT5? I so want to do this! :D Depends on what time and date these games occur though.

GTP Username: doodlemonoply
PSN Username: doodlemonoply
Your Time Zone: GMT-5
Team: Undecided

GTP username: TripleA5
PSN username: tripleA5
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Team: Time Travelers
Team players: Jakobnascar88, recruiting
Team car: DMC Delorean S2

Updated the teams list! 👍

I'm not sure when I'll be able to host/play matches right now, as earlier today my TV died. :(

GTP Username: Jahgee1124
PSN Username: Jahgee1124
Your Time Zone: Eastern
Team: Seattle Sounders
(If creating a new team) Team Players: Anyone that wants to join
(If creating a new team) Team Car: Bugatti Veyron in GT Florescence 004

Okay, we've got four teams now so registration for a new team has been cut off until we can get more players for the current teams.

May I recommend changing the ball to a Subaru 360, it's the lightest non-Go Kart car in game once fully weight reduced.

GTP Username: dano20
PSN Username:ste100e
Your Time Zone:BST
Team: Time travellers
(If creating a new team) Team Players:
(If creating a new team) Team Car:

Does the car have to be tuned

Im in

GTP Username: ELmarcotuff
PSN Username: ELMARCTUFF
Your Time Zone: CDT -5 hours
Team: Travis Pastrami
Team Players: ELMARCTUFF
Team Car: Citroën C4 Rally Car '08.

I'd be up if time allows, I could even play the ball if need be, though I'll await offers for a spot on a team 👍

Just one question, Bugatti vs. other cars? That can be a problem you know :)

rallymorten
rallymorten
GMT+1
For hire

I'd be up if time allows, I could even play the ball if need be, though I'll await offers for a spot on a team 👍

Just one question, Bugatti vs. other cars? That can be a problem you know :)

rallymorten
rallymorten
GMT+1
For hire

Want to join the Sounders? I can paint your car if you need me too.

Back