GTP Exhaust + Car best Combo's

I feel they would have been a whole lot better if they used the stock samples and then used filters or modifiers for the additional exhausts. That way you'll be less likely to end up with notes that sound like they're from the wrong car, as the underlying exhaust sound is of the actual car.

I feel they would have been a whole lot better if they used the stock samples and then used filters or modifiers for the additional exhausts. That way you'll be less likely to end up with notes that sound like they're from the wrong car, as the underlying exhaust sound is of the actual car.

No kidding, give it more volume, give it more "raspyness" give it some pops/backfires/crackles. Would be way better.

Gotbeefboy564
It makes me mad that PD did this with most of the exhaust sounds seems like they copied and pasted a lot of the sounds.

If they actually did get every exhaust sound correct. It would have taken the full 8 to 10 years Kaz wanted. Then people would be even more upset that the game came out too late. I mean pick your battles you know. Rather be exhaust notes missing than the physics.

If they actually did get every exhaust sound correct. It would have taken the full 8 to 10 years Kaz wanted. Then people would be even more upset that the game came out too late. I mean pick your battles you know. Rather be exhaust notes missing than the physics.

Thing is, they recorded a lot of exhaust notes but Kaz claimed "they were too realistic."💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

MOTORTRENDmitch
Thing is, they recorded a lot of exhaust notes but Kaz claimed "they were too realistic."💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

Yep i know he said that...

Now bare with me for a minute...

Let's use the 787B for this example.

Ok idle sound is more realistic in GT5. But the high revs sound better on Forza. I just wonder what he uses and where he records the sound from.

Get what i mean?

Yep i know he said that...

Now bare with me for a minute...

Let's use the 787B for this example.

Ok idle sound is more realistic in GT5. But the high revs sound better on Forza. I just wonder what he uses and where he records the sound from.

Get what i mean?

Haha, I know what you're saying man, I wasn't disagreeing 👍

The TVR Speed 6 (the premium one) with full racing exhaust sounds absolutely amazing. Is it realistic or not? I don't know, I have no idea what a TVR sounds like lol. I just really like how it sounds. Unfortunately I don't use 3rd person/chase view so I never actually hear it all that much. I sometimes just switch to that view to hear it, but end up going back because that view is terrible.

THIS. The Race Modified TVR Tuscan Speed 6 it has one of the most awesome sounds in the game. FOR REAL.
I thought I was the only one who heard that.

By the way, I'm making a video about it, so wait a little and I'll upload a sound test for that 👍

The VW Bus sounds godly in my opinion with Semi-Racing exhaust. What's better? Two massive chrome exhaust pipes jutting out from either side of the rear end of course! :drool:👍

The pipes coming out the side of the Mach 1, Cobra, Corvette convertible and the McLaren SLR are the best looking. It's just the SLR doesnt sound as good as the others.

The pipes coming out the side of the Mach 1, Cobra, Corvette convertible and the McLaren SLR are the best looking. It's just the SLR doesnt sound as good as the others.

All of those sound like crap.

The R32 with Semi Titanium exhaust is very nice, I hate how most cars have a accurate low-rev sound while in high revs it just sounds weak and artificial.

The sound is incredible. What's the setup on the car?

Installed any part that gains power including Supercharger and the Titanium Race Exhaust

Transmission: (although that´s rather irrelevant to the Sound)
1.Gear 2.906
2. 1.873
3 1.353
4 1.000
5 0.719
last 4.000
max. 260(km/h)

Most important part though is the setting of my TV Equalizer, it shows Balance; 100Hz; 300Hz; 1kHz; 3kHz and 10kHz in range of -10 to +10.

I set it like this.

Balance 0
100Hz +9
300Hz +9
1kHz +3
3kHz +5
10kHz +2

Music and movies are awefully unenjoyable in these settings, but GT5 sounds much better on most cars.

I also have a very old Pioneer Tower, messing with the Equalizer in a similar way as described above gives great results, too. Putting high and middle frequencies down (not too much though) while Bass up.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you need deaf neighbours!

Last edited:
Back