GTP FIA GT4 Cup

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
Since we've got GT1, GT2, and GT3, I figured we could use a GT4 series. What's great about these series is that the FIA GT4 site has all the information needed for the cars. And those cars are:

1. 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
2. BMW M3
3. BMW Z4
4. Corvette Z06
5. 2010 Chevy Camaro
6. 2007 Ford Mustang
7. Maserati GranTurismo
8. Nissan 350Z
9. Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)
10. Lotus Evora
11. Audi TTS

Okay, 12 races, 6 tracks, just like in real life.

Rounds:

1, 2 - Fuji GT
3, 4 - Grand Valley
5, 6 - Cape Ring
7, 8 - Trial Mountain
9, 10 - Nurburgring GP/F
11, 12 - Fuji GT

The two Fuji GT races will be different lengths. Those tracks should be pretty similar in length to the real courses. (Cape ring and Spa are incredibly close to the same length with Cape Ring being about .04 of a mile longer.)

Last edited:
i think that would be fine. i'm hoping the FIA updates their car list. if they do, it should happen soon as the entry list was finalized on the 15th of March. (that's when the full season entry forms were due by.

Also, the TT GT4 hasn't officially been entered. it's just a track day car Audi built. But, it's on the list anyway.

Seems like GT4 series is a bit more relaxed as all the cars are factory built track cars that anyone can buy and then enter into the series.

Can help you out setting up and stuff? I was just about to make a GT4 series, but you beat me to it :P

Maybe add the light class that is in the real life version, with all caterhams :D

Can help you out setting up and stuff? I was just about to make a GT4 series, but you beat me to it :P

Maybe add the light class that is in the real life version, with all caterhams :D

I didn't even think about the Caterhams. But, I think if I was gonna do that, a Caterham cup would be much more fun.

But yeah, I can help out. The FIA GT4 site has a lot of the information you need. At least it has the HP and weight in kg that you need for set ups. But, They've not posted the 2011 cars and setups yet.

Looking good Super! We can do some mixed pratice/test sessions with the other classes if you'd like. We do on GT1/GT2/GT3 for unofficial test sessions and it's been working out nice!

I'm interested if the time works for me.

I'm guessing you're using the DB9 as we don't have the Vantage, so it would need to be detuned a little for it to match. I was lucky enough to win a comp and be driven around Goodwood by Antony Reid in one of NMR's Vantages, and be in their garage at the SIlverstone Britcar 24hr. Would be nice to experience the racing in some way, and a lot more comfortably :)

I had an out, in and hotlap, it gets extremely hot even in that short time, plus I had my head slammed against the sides of the seat each lap going through the chicane, although I'm sure it's far better being in the drivers (properly fitted) seat :)

I would be intersted, if i can fit it to my schedule. 👍
I am looking for a race series like this to run my Granturismo S.
It would be cool to race with the cars with aero parts, and only small hp parts like muffler and filters.

Just realized that Lucas Ordonez raced in the FIA GT4 last year. I wonder if he'd have some tips and pointers for tracks/vehicle setups of a GT4 race in GT5. :) Courses have been decided upon using tracks with similar lengths to the real life tracks.

Last edited:
If you can sort out rules re tuning etc (Maybe Only certain mods allowed - weight s1, engine s1, racing exhaust, catalyctic convertor and Racing filter only?) then I may give a BMW Z4M a whirl.

Right, right. At the moment I still have to get the ST cars straightened out in the CTSCC series, once I'm done with that, I'll start testing with these cars. Hopefully FIA will have the cars up. If not, I'm sure if I emailed them and asked nicely, they'd provide me with the info. But, the 2011 Season IRL doesn't start until May 25th. So...it might be two months or so before their car list is updated. I'll work it out. I know the power to weight ratios are 3:4-3:6. so...

Real Life Coutnerpart pics:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4:
aston-martin-vantage-gt4-image.jpg

BMW M3 GT4:
171294.jpg

BMW Z4 GT4
4282163057_f9c1823f09.jpg

Chevy Corvette C6 GT4
2008_corvette_c6_gt4_1.jpg

Chevy Camaro GT4
5008954029_971bef332f.jpg

Ford Mustang FR500 GT4
ford080329.jpg

Lotus Evora GT4
4586904773_cd9e89fa3f.jpg

Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
maserati-granturismo-mc-1.jpg

Nissan 350Z
2944370659_9bf87a9622.jpg

Nissan 370Z
4552089016_5c82d0594a.jpg

Looks like only the Evora and the 370Z have spoilers. the MC has a wide body kit as does the Evora and the V8 Vantage. but that's about it. I think the Evora makes since if it's too squirrely, buy I think we'll try to keep everything without them for now.

Also, there will pre-season testing at Nurburgring Nordshief soon. I'm almost done with testing for the CTSCC and then this is next.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this if the timing is right. I'm on GMT and work office hours. Sounds like it could be fun. If you want some help balance testing I'm up for that too.

I'm interested in this too depending on time. I just bought an M3 that is a fantastic drive and I'd love to have a reason to drive it regularly! I'll stay tuned to keep up on the details and see what time/day it's going to be. Seems like you have a really good plan to build on though. 👍

I think that you can reserve a slot for me and the Aston.
I am definitely in depending on the date/time.

For now, testing on the cars for this is suspended until I get a job unless someone else wants to take the reigns.

If so, some of the details for the cars weight/hp can be found here:

http://gt4cup.com/cars.php

That should have the setups for the Z4, Corvette Mustang and the 350Z. Should be able to work out the rest from there.

That car pictured is a GT3 Corvette, also the RM car would be a little too quick. Too much downforce, too much mechanical grip etc.

Chris

Its not a GT3 cars, its a GT4 spec Vette....Callaway offers the GT4 car with the option for the aero parts like the front splitter and rear wing.

Back