GTP GT6 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 128 comments
Go to your pictures in the gallery, press Select, mark the photos you want to export, click export (:lol:).
Then, go into the XMB, to the photo tab, to your GT6 pictures, press triangle and copy them to a flashdrive that's plugged in to a USB port of your PS3. You could also use the PS3s internet browser and upload the pictures on to a compatible image hoster, like www.abload.de.

hi , just ask a question, how i can take the photo with using G27 ? i cannot rotate the camera angle with G27...

Just to remind everyone, you can turn off the Flares/Vignetting by switching to Monochrome and back. But the effects come back each time you go to the camera movement/selection in replay.

I tried this and it doesn't work. Can you elaborate a bit?

I tried this and it doesn't work. Can you elaborate a bit?

When you're on the shooting menu, go to filters, select monochrome, press x, go back to filters and go to none, and they should go away.

Hmm, interesting. I used to do that in GT5 and it worked, but for me it now doesn't work in GT6. Seems like it does for some. Weird.

Kinda sucks that I can't do it now. :grumpy:

GPR
Hmm, interesting. I used to do that in GT5 and it worked, but for me it now doesn't work in GT6. Seems like it does for some. Weird.

Kinda sucks that I can't do it now. :grumpy:
Try same thing with warm and cold filters. Warm turns off vigneting but adds glow, cold turns off glowing and flares.

Hmmm I'm having problems transferring images from my PS3 to my USB stick. The PS3 is not picking up the USB at all. Can anyone help? just a quick bit of advice will do.

I having some trouble getting the final image to actually be what I want it to be. When take a picture and it loads the final image it's not lined up or zoomed in the way I had it when I took the picture.

Any help with this or is it just a common pain-in-the-ass glitch?

EDIT: Looks like it only happens in Replay Photomode, weird.

Last edited:
I having some trouble getting the final image to actually be what I want it to be. When take a picture and it loads the final image it's not lined up or zoomed in the way I had it when I took the picture.

I find myself with the same situation. Something's different about GT6 photo mode. I struggle to produce a photo in the way I intended it to be. I'm not exactlly new to this whole thing. Had plenty of practice in GT4, by the game I grabbed GT5 things only got better.

Also, when I eventually manage to produce a satisfactory photo, they don't look the same once I view them on my laptop. Could this be a matter of adjusting my screen settings to match my TV?

What is different about it?

Mainly the contrast and color depth. I'm assuming its because on my TV the photos are being projected by an HDMI cable to an LCD HD TV. While my laptop screen I believe it's a standard LCD screen.

Although this may look harmless, it really puts me off and I loose the mood of taking more photos.

Try switching panning modes

Is there a way to focus on two cars at once while on the track, with both cars moving?

See if you can get the center square on both cars at the same time, or raise the f-number

I'm finding that my photos are dark unless I raise the EV to +0.5.

I'm sure it used not to do this, and I'm wondering if this is a change which came to us in 1.0x

Anybody else with the same experience and a general workaround if there is one?

I know it's not too hard to adjust the EV, but entering the Camera Menu annoyingly resets EV to zero.

I'm sure it used not to do this, and I'm wondering if this is a change which came to us in 1.0x

I know it's not too hard to adjust the EV, but entering the Camera Menu annoyingly resets EV to zero.

Not only that, but in some situations the light doesn't increase at all, or it requires a very high EV values to make any difference.

I haven't taken any photos since 1.04, or the last two mini-updates, but are you giving the "camera" time to adjust to the light?
Try zooming in on something that is in the dark, let the camera adjust, hit your exposure lock and zoom out. Then take the picture and let me know how bad my advice is! lol

I haven't taken any photos since 1.04, or the last two mini-updates, but are you giving the "camera" time to adjust to the light?
Try zooming in on something that is in the dark, let the camera adjust, hit your exposure lock and zoom out. Then take the picture and let me know how bad my advice is! lol

That certainly works in many cases, thanks! Just when I thought it was a total solution, I found there are circumstances where it just doesn't. For that, there is manual setting of EV of course.

I get the impression that there is something in the camera algorithm which tries to make images darker in shaded areas.

I just noticed the issue while taking pics of my VGT race car. I'm trying to get some close-ups and there's too many shadows so the detail just isn't there.

These 2 features make the GT6 photo travel so much better than the GT5 photo travel.

Q: So can I take my Standard Model Red Bull DTM TT over to it's spiritual home, Hangar 7?
A: New to GT6:
Why yes, yes you can; Kazunori has stated there are no longer limitations on Standards with Photo Travel.

Q: Are we still limited to one car per shoot in Photo Travel?
Not one, but two! And with your avatar, too!

Anyone else have problems trying to take a picture in the replay mode? The picture looks clear and then when I take the pic, it turns out with a lot of motion blur. I had a similar issue in GT5.

These 2 features make the GT6 photo travel so much better than the GT5 photo travel.

Q: So can I take my Standard Model Red Bull DTM TT over to it's spiritual home, Hangar 7?
Why yes, yes you can; Kazunori has stated there are no longer limitations on Standards with Photo Travel.

Q: Are we still limited to one car per shoot in Photo Travel?
Not one, but two! And with your avatar, too!

Anyone else have problems trying to take a picture in the replay mode? The picture looks clear and then when I take the pic, it turns out with a lot of motion blur. I had a similar issue in GT5.

You need to increase the shutter speed

Back