GTP Rolex | Season 5 | Complete! Help Plan!

United States
Pittsburgh
polarbear345

picture.php

The GTP Rolex Sports Car Series: Season 5!

Hello and welcome to the 5th season! It's hard to believe we've been doing this for five whole seasons! As the name implies, this series is based off of the real life series; The Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series. As in the real series, we race two classes (Yes, they race 3, but GX isn't easily applied here) Grand touring and Daytona Prototype. The Daytona Prototype (DP) car is the Nissan R390 Road Car. This car was chosen because it looks very close to the real deal when it has the Aero wing on. Grand Touring (GT) is represented by the street car variations of the racecars in the real life series; Corvette, Viper, 458 Italia, and R8. Below are some changes from last season to now!

• No more ABS!
  • No more Camaro!
  • No more Aston Martin!
  • No more Monaco!
  • Corvette Z06 is now in GT!
  • Viper ACR is now in GT!
  • Grand Valley returns!
  • Motegi makes it's debut!
  • Nurb GP/F returns!
  • No more Pacecar!

Race Day Schedule:

Races are on Saturdays at 7 PM Eastern US time.

Room opens between 6 and 6:20 Eastern time.

Qualifying from room opening until the race.

Usually a 5 minute break at 7 for bathroom.

We're almost always done before 9 o'clock eastern.

Cautions:

We do use cautions, and it's very important you know the procedure!

When a incident happens between two or more cars, the people involved must type "Caution." If only one person types, keep racing!

When two people type caution, the class leaders have to slow down immediately to 40 MPH (~65 KPH) until everyone catches up. Then we will go at 60 MPH (~100 KPH).

Whenever a caution is called, the pits are closed! I will tell everyone when it is ok to pit!

The restarts are single file.

If a caution at the end of the race does not allow us to have 3 racing laps, the race will end under Caution. We will parade to the finish. Anyone who passes, or does anything to disrupt the final order will finish last in their class.

Starts and Restarts:

The start of the race will happen after a pace lap. When we start the pacelap, the GT cars are to move aside so that the DP cars can get infront. The race will start after the first pacelap. The first start will be double file!

The restarts will be single file.

Stewards:

If you have a incident with anyone, PM me on GTPlanet first, and I will send it to the stewards.

Stewards:

• Polar
  • Cnd
  • Storm
  • Damu/Anirish
  • Tbw
  • Ant

Room Settings:

• All AIDS Off
  • Racing Medium Tires
  • 180 Second race ender timer
  • Low Draft
  • Real grip
  • Normal Tire and Fuel usage
  • No Visual Damage
  • Everything Realistic

Nissan R390 Road Car
601 HP, 1062 KG
All GT Auto Aero

1. Ross
2. FH
3. Cnd
4. Anthony
5. Panoz
6. Lancer
7. Carczar

Dodge Viper ACR
430 HP, 1270 KG
All GT Auto Aero

1. Damu/anirish

Ferrari 458 Italia
430 HP 1250 KG
All GT Auto Aero

1. Storm
2. Polar

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2006
450 HP, 1250 KG
All GT Auto Aero (Must have the Wing in Picture)

1. Mustard/rich
2. Monster/tex

Audi R8 4.2
420 HP, 1290 KG
All GT Auto Aero

1. Gaz
2. Tbw

Tracks:

*NAEC is the North American Endurance Championship. It is a Championship within a Championship and the races will count towards both NAEC and Regular championships.

NAEC
55 Laps

30 Laps

35 Laps

30 Laps

30 Laps

NAEC
55 Laps

30 Laps

35 Laps

35 Laps

20 Laps

NAEC
50 Laps

Points System for both classes:

P1- 12
P2- 10
P3- 8
P4- 6
P5- 5
P6- 4
P7- 3
P8- 2

Let's Have Fun!

Last edited:
After some of the races last season and last night, I'm concerned about the consistency of cautions... It should be better since we don't have to worry about the position of the class leaders compared to the pace car, at least.

After some of the races last season and last night, I'm concerned about the consistency of cautions... It should be better since we don't have to worry about the position of the class leaders compared to the pace car, at least.

It'll be good. I had to rush the explanation a bit. If the leaders slow down right as the caution comes out we'll be fine.

Screw your draft. Im picking the Nissan now!

Welcome to DP Ross!!! I think this will be my first full season in DP also.

Screw your draft. Im picking the Nissan now!

Welcome to DP Ross!!! I think this will be my first full season in DP also.

Added! I'm still not sure what class I'd like to race.

I have wanted to race GT for the last few seasons... Gonna see what my options are!

Loving the layout. Anyway, I'm posting to confirm I've seen this officially. :D

Also, on the fence about whether I want to be in either DP or GT. I kinda want to see how this season goes in GT, but a few guys want me to race in DP.

After yesterdays "OMG how did I get last?" you need to put in something about GT wave-arounds. Someone getting their places back stupendously late was wrong, as they didn't observe the wave around like others, and extremely off-putting due to how last minute it was. I did try to explain but GT filters are ridiculous.

Also, what happened with the gap at the start? I was sitting at the back going "We want to start before getting lapped?"

Last edited:
Some were going really slowly, typing messages etc so I took the decision to forget the DPs and keep the GT field bunched..
Not that it helped some were really stupid in the pace laps tbh.. Sail was the worst as on the first restart he jumped the start by a mile and passed 3 or more cars.. On the second he decided me braking to stay behind the DP group was unaceptable and rammed me hard enough to do damage, so I beep and swerved to tell him to cut it out.. Charmingly called me an "a$$" for doing so.

Then he didn't accept it was single file and jumped the start, only a tad, but still was enough to be almost infront, not that he was ever going to keep my pace..

Also his barefaced cheek to call me a cheat further showed his childish attitude.

If I had a replay I'd show his jump start but shouldn't be hard to find just go to the end of the first caution.

Well I'm going GT, though most likely a reserve as allways.

I don't mind a general reserve in GT. I'll test them when and where I can see what each are like for spec comparisons though.

Well, it's drafts right? I'll wait until Mustard does his choice in GT before I make my decision. If that's ok with you guys...?

Some were going really slowly, typing messages etc so I took the decision to forget the DPs and keep the GT field bunched..
Not that it helped some were really stupid in the pace laps tbh.. Sail was the worst as on the first restart he jumped the start by a mile and passed 3 or more cars.. On the second he decided me braking to stay behind the DP group was unaceptable and rammed me hard enough to do damage, so I beep and swerved to tell him to cut it out.. Charmingly called me an "a$$" for doing so.

Then he didn't accept it was single file and jumped the start, only a tad, but still was enough to be almost infront, not that he was ever going to keep my pace..

Also his barefaced cheek to call me a cheat further showed his childish attitude.

If I had a replay I'd show his jump start but shouldn't be hard to find just go to the end of the first caution.

ok. "The customer is not always right" -Enzo Ferrari

Last edited:
Ok, if you don't go to GT and I'm able to be the No.8 spot, please tell me what car I end up having.

In multi class racing, here mostly I always look for the back of the DP field in the event of a caution. It has largely been the same, back in S2/3 when I featured alot more in I and indeed all other GT leaders did this.

I was expecting to find the DP field halfway around but it soon became clear that they weren't stopping so I continued on until Polar got them to.

Ofc now people need to do it themselves rather than a SC, that we never had in S2/3 iirc anyways. So I did everything as was used to here.

Lets not forget I don't really care if I'm fastest or not, I can barely race so I just try and enjoy it. (Which I did thanks to the challenge of no ABS) You made it my problem to prove it by saying "Theres no way the Audi is THAT fast on that spec" among other stuff. So I did, how you want to interpret it is up to you.

Ok, if you don't go to GT and I'm able to be the No.8 spot, please tell me what car I end up having.
You can just check back every now and then on the front page.

Or, if you miss the thread a couple days, you could ask someone if it doesn't look as thought it has been updated...

As for the first caution, there was a miscommunication in DP, because I'm pretty sure Paul was just trying to find where the DPs were bunching up and trying to slot behind them for the caution. Of course, caution was not seen by the DP leader, and thus everyone (not just Paul) was trying to catch them for a very long time...

In multi class racing, here mostly I always look for the back of the DP field in the event of a caution. It has largely been the same, back in S2/3 when I featured alot more in I and indeed all other GT leaders did this.

I was expecting to find the DP field halfway around but it soon became clear that they weren't stopping so I continued on until Polar got them to.

As for the first caution, there was a miscommunication in DP, because I'm pretty sure Paul was just trying to find where the DPs were bunching up and trying to slot behind them for the caution. Of course, caution was not seen by the DP leader, and thus everyone (not just Paul) was trying to catch them for a very long time...

Yup as we would do normally 👍.

Sail was the worst as on the first restart he jumped the start by a mile and passed 3 or more cars..

After yesterdays "OMG how did I get last?" you need to put in something about GT wave-arounds... I did try to explain but GT filters are ridiculous.

Unfortunately Gaz was over-sporting going "have your position back".

It was a case where GT needed a huge wave around to catch up to the unlapped leader. Meanwhile I typed "GT wave around", which Polar agreed with I think; then 'me, tbw and Gaz waved around; whilst Mustard and Sail pitted and remained behind DP afterwards' the '...' depicting what I put in chat (which got filtered) to explain why places were lost.

Hence why we need something added to the OP caution description. I think something along the lines of:

"All competitors must catch up to the leaders of their own class. This may mean a wave around for GT competitors which they should do promptly yet safely, or by bypassing the pit-lane when DP pit."

Also, I'm interested in loss of control rules under caution. Say Storm is fighting mosquitoes (or someone simply locks up) then ends up on the grass, surely I'm entitled to taking that place? Of course, this gets complicated when people start typing :sly:

Will appear later in the season time permitting in the RPM DP 👍

Back