GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I do have a question that came to mind over the last few minutes: The intermediate AMG challenge is level 12, can I set my time with my normal account so I don't have to level up to level 12 with my GTP account?

I planned on just gifting myself cars and not worrying about leveling up 2 accounts, I'm sure you guys get my point. :) Between this and GTAcademy there isn't much time to waste!

I do have a question that came to mind over the last few minutes: The intermediate AMG challenge is level 12, can I set my time with my normal account so I don't have to level up to level 12 with my GTP account?

I planned on just gifting myself cars and not worrying about leveling up 2 accounts, I'm sure you guys get my point. :) Between this and GTAcademy there isn't much time to waste!

You'll need to set your time with your GTP account. However, you can gift a car from your main account to your GTP account and run one or two of the seasonal events and get up to level 12 in short order. 👍

You'll need to set your time with your GTP account. However, you can gift a car from your main account to your GTP account and run one or two of the seasonal events and get up to level 12 in short order. 👍

Yep it's very easy to level up with seasonal events. I've just had to do it also. I've also set my qualifier sector times, now to wait till the 14th before I submit it. :)

Last edited:
GTP account all set and ready! Will try to open up the intermediate AMG Driving Academy ASAP. Are we going to add each other as friends on PSN?

My country is not on the PSN list, so I entered Hong Kong as my region. They don't have the Philippines on there...:(

You can add PSN friends if you want, it is not required for the registry. 👍

You can't expect PD to add every country in the world. I mean, there's not even 100 million people living in the Philippines. There must be at least ten other countries in the world with more people. :dopey:

Open page 1 of this thread and your questions will be answered!!

thanks for the tips guys, i completely forgot about the seasonal events i got to a high enough level in about 20mins lol.

now to do some racing!

thanks for the tips guys, i completely forgot about the seasonal events i got to a high enough level in about 20mins lol.

now to do some racing!

Hi and welcome to the WRS :cheers:

Please, when posting, use capital letters at the start of your sentences and capital "I" when referring to yourself. Further posting guidelines can be found in the AUP (https://www.gtplanet.net/aup) which you agreed to in full when registering for these forums.

Thank you in advance, all the best
Maz

Hmm the ring.

I can see myself going backwards from my current divisional position.
Not to worry, gives me more reason to better myself.

Looking forward to getting back into it.

Good luck all. 👍

Nice qualifier. 👍

I like to play it safe, so I got a single question though:

Standard clean OLR rules apply:
* Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track

Are all of the rumbles track. Also the concrete ones on the outside of the "standard" red/white rumbles strips?

No, for example at Suzuka at Casio there is some green concrete on the inside of the apex rumble strips, that is not track. Any rumble strip that is directly adjacent to the track is considered part of the track.

I don't think there is any of this in sector 2 or 3 at the Ring.

Ok i just have to say it, I proberly wont be popular doing so.

But really why do you do everything to make it as complicated as posibel about the GTP account ?

I never agreed to use only GTP account, because I think it rules oput a lot of people who enjoy collecting trophies and play GT5 on their main account.

Ok we can then send the cars to our GTP account, so the problem is not so big.

But now you force the qualifyer to be and event that is not open at the start of the game ?

I know I can do some Seasonal events to get to level 12, but really why does it have to be so time consuming, and complicated ?

Why not just make a time trial in arcade mode on a track that everyone can goto straight away ?

And yes I know my opinion wont change anything, but really I just hope that maybe in the future you will think a litle more deeper about the consequences that your restrictions make.

Do you want to have a small feel of elite drivers participating in the GTP events, and making it a pain for any newcomers to join as the time pasess by.

Or do you want to have and easy to join, also for people who may not even have the game yet, with a large community with people from all degrees of skill levels ?

No, for example at Suzuka at Casio there is some green concrete on the inside of the apex rumble strips, that is not track. Any rumble strip that is directly adjacent to the track is considered part of the track.

I don't think there is any of this in sector 2 or 3 at the Ring.

There's lots of gray concrete at Nordschleife, also in the 2 sectors in play. :dopey:

And I'm sorry if it seems like a stupid question, that already has been answered several times other places. :dunce:

But it is kind of a standard question, when racing Nordschleife. Just like the green concrete at Suzuka or the gray concrete in the last chikane at Trial Mountain also often is up to discussion, when not clearly defined in the rules. The answer may seem obvious, but history shows that different stewards has different opinions about these areas. :confused:

But really why do you do everything to make it as complicated as posibel about the GTP account ?

I never agreed to use only GTP account, because I think it rules oput a lot of people who enjoy collecting trophies and play GT5 on their main account.

But now you force the qualifyer to be and event that is not open at the start of the game ?

I know I can do some Seasonal events to get to level 12, but really why does it have to be so time consuming, and complicated ?

Why not just make a time trial in arcade mode on a track that everyone can goto straight away ?

And yes I know my opinion wont change anything, but really I just hope that maybe in the future you will think a litle more deeper about the consequences that your restrictions make.

Do you want to have a small feel of elite drivers participating in the GTP events, and making it a pain for any newcomers to join as the time pasess by.

Or do you want to have and easy to join, also for people who may not even have the game yet, with a large community with people from all degrees of skill levels ?

Because this hasn't been discussed to death before?

Because this hasn't been discussed to death before?

Well actually the Qualifyer just went up yesterday. So no it hasent been discused to death before, and event it it had, i think I am allowed to express my opinion.

It went from bad to worse, but I gues im arguing for a sake that can not be heard, especially because 95 % of the arguments I meet is just from people like you who will agree with the moderator no matter what they do.

Your post has really not any value to me, you just say it has been discussed before like that is a good argument, as to keep things the same forvever. With people like your argument we would still be living in the stone age.

I am not here to stear up any trouble or arguments. And im going to go through the hassle of using a second account, and leveling it, up sending cars back and forth and all that. I just cant for the live of me see how it can be advantageous to make it so complicated.

Now if you have the oposite opinion thats fine. If you really have some opinion about how it is more advantegous to use and event wich requires level 12 A spec to qualify, rather than just using some race wich could be raced straight away from creating the GTP account, then im eager to hear it.

Although really I know it wont be changed now.

And really discussing on the internet is kinda pointless. All I am trying to do is make the organisasors condidering things in the future to not be so time consuming, and complicating for people who want to participate in the event, but using a non GTP account for their majority of the PS3 gaming.

Hardly small my friend. We're talking in the many hundreds here. Take a look at the last GTP Registry and add a couple more hundred to that list and you'll see how many drivers actually went through the process of registering.

There were a number of reasons why we decided to go with this event. If we could've gone for something that was suitable and available straight off the bat we would've done so. If only it was that easy.

It's got nothing to do with feeling elite, and to be honest I'm offended that you would even attempt to bring that up. It's about what works best for everyone, even for the poor souls who have have spent months organising things to get to this point.

Happy 2011 everyone. :cheers:

I must say that I love the chosen combo for the GTP registry, most of all because driving the SLS AMG around the Ring is fun in itself. Best of luck (or rather effort) to all. 👍

Damn it, how am I supposed to represent my driving skills properly when I have a feature known as perm-e-throttle, where there's so much cat hair in the potentiometer my throttle pretty much never drops below 5-10%, and the brakes self tap a little bit occasionally too. I feel I've already reached my limits after a few hours this afternoon, but with fully functional pedals I feel I could drop another couple of tenths.

Damn it, how am I supposed to represent my driving skills properly when I have a feature known as perm-e-throttle, where there's so much cat hair in the potentiometer my throttle pretty much never drops below 5-10%, and the brakes self tap a little bit occasionally too. I feel I've already reached my limits after a few hours this afternoon, but with fully functional pedals I feel I could drop another couple of tenths.

WD40. Fixed the same on mine couple of days ago.

Worth a shot. 👍

Well actually the Qualifyer just went up yesterday. So no it hasent been discused to death before, and event it it had, i think I am allowed to express my opinion.

It went from bad to worse, but I gues im arguing for a sake that can not be heard, especially because 95 % of the arguments I meet is just from people like you who will agree with the moderator no matter what they do.

Your post has really not any value to me, you just say it has been discussed before like that is a good argument, as to keep things the same forvever. With people like your argument we would still be living in the stone age.

I am not here to stear up any trouble or arguments. And im going to go through the hassle of using a second account, and leveling it, up sending cars back and forth and all that. I just cant for the live of me see how it can be advantageous to make it so complicated.

Now if you have the oposite opinion thats fine. If you really have some opinion about how it is more advantegous to use and event wich requires level 12 A spec to qualify, rather than just using some race wich could be raced straight away from creating the GTP account, then im eager to hear it.

Although really I know it wont be changed now.

And really discussing on the internet is kinda pointless. All I am trying to do is make the organisasors condidering things in the future to not be so time consuming, and complicating for people who want to participate in the event, but using a non GTP account for their majority of the PS3 gaming.

Actually, yes it has been discussed, thats my point. The pro's and cons were debated and a decision made, therefore allowing people to concentrate on the qualifier. To me, your post has no value as you are bringing up an old argument that has already been put to bed in its own thread, in a place for discussing the qualifier.

To say 'people like you who will always agree with the moderators' is extremely rude and condescending. You are saying that just because my opinion is different to yours and I have pointed you to a thread where you're argument has already been discussed, I must be blindly following the moderators - not true at all.

Note that the thread was posted the day GT5 came out so people had plenty of warning. I suggest you read it carefully as there is plenty of useful information on how you can easily setup and use a 2nd account without lots of grinding. Now please try to be constructive without insulting people

Happy New Year to every one !!!

Once again many thanks to all race admins for their efforts providing us such a great events 👍

Even if the Ring is not much my "cup of tea" for TT'ing, I'll do my best on this one anyway.

If you just read some tips posted earlier, you might discover it will only take you around 15 minutes and 1 race to level from 0 to 16 !!!

Doesn't really look like such a tremendous effort ;)

Had 2 really good sessions at this now.. Struggling to improve, Finding that last little bit is always the hardest.. See you boys in D2 :D

See below -

EDK
I've added the following to the main post -

Race Specifics:

* All Hard Surfaces are track. This includes rumble strips, concrete, cobbles, etc.

Looks great 👍 Will get into this only after the B-Spec competition though. Can't wait to do some WRS again! :)

Unfortunately the current limitations of the game forced the mods to work around those limitations with a more complicated qualifier. There is currently no way of verifying equal equipment by running an arcade or practice mode time trial; I thought the use of a special event was quite ingenious actually 👍

I'm glad to see you're going to put the effort in to run the qualifier, the more the merrier for the WRS. The seasonal events have made it really easy to level up quickly, I don't think the mods would have used this combo if we had to grind to level 14 like we used to.

See you on the track :gtpflag:

Had 2 really good sessions at this now.. Struggling to improve, Finding that last little bit is always the hardest.. See you boys in D2 :D

:lol:

I have had a few cracks at it myself.. Also finding it tough to nail together that perfect lap Sector?. With no ghost to judge its also a lot harder to know how much time is left in it...

Tricky Stuff 👍

On the last corner of sector three, is it a requirement to appear in control whilst crossing the line, or, can I appear wildly out of control and apparently veering off toward the barrier but, with two wheels on the track when passing the checkpoint...?

*Splutter* Sandbagger :lol:

On the last corner of sector three, is it a requirement to appear in control whilst crossing the line, or, can I appear wildly out of control and apparently veering off toward the barrier but, with two wheels on the track when passing the checkpoint...?

We will only enforce the track requirement while in the sector being timed. But I'd discourage anything that's even close to violation.

Back