GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Not really much effort. Gift your gtp account a nascar, and do the Nurburgring bonus race in the 2nd seasonal events. Win this and you are level 16 and 1,000,000 in credit. With you winnings buy the other cars to complete the 2nd lot of races.

The next day gift your gtp account a Nissan gtr v-spec and win that seasonal race, should be level 20 at least and another 1,000,000 credits, you can then buy the other cars and complete the races. Or vice versa it doesnt matter!

Should take about an hour for each day. You are then set.

Exactly the instructions I was looking for. Thanks! 👍

Great decision. Thanks guys.👍

Not really much effort. Gift your gtp account a nascar, and do the Nurburgring bonus race in the 2nd seasonal events. Win this and you are level 16 and 1,000,000 in credit. With you winnings buy the other cars to complete the 2nd lot of races.

The next day gift your gtp account a Nissan gtr v-spec and win that seasonal race, should be level 20 at least and another 1,000,000 credits, you can then buy the other cars and complete the races. Or vice versa it doesnt matter!

Should take about an hour for each day. You are then set.

Perhaps these instuctions should be added or linked to in the registery qualifier post? It would help everyone who hasn't leveled up their GTP_account and may stop a lot of complaining.
I started last night with the Nascar and will gift the GTR tomorrow. It really doesn't take long to do at all.

Man this is a fun challenge. This car just begs to be driven harder! I just started and have already shaved some good time off my old times for the challenge

With no ghost to judge its also a lot harder to know how much time is left in it...

Tricky Stuff 👍

Definitely! I just got the game and I've only driven a few hours (maybe 8 hours total). With no ghost and no benchmarks for how to drive quickly with the new physics it's a complete mystery :nervous:

After one session, I've got a couple of replays that aren't embarassing, but I'm hoping to do at least one more session before submitting... Let's hope life cooperates :)

There's lots of gray concrete at Nordschleife, also in the 2 sectors in play. :dopey:

And I'm sorry if it seems like a stupid question, that already has been answered several times other places. :dunce:

But it is kind of a standard question, when racing Nordschleife. Just like the green concrete at Suzuka or the gray concrete in the last chikane at Trial Mountain also often is up to discussion, when not clearly defined in the rules. The answer may seem obvious, but history shows that different stewards has different opinions about these areas. :confused:

If the concrete is beyond the normal tarmac and any rumble strips then consider it not part of the track, that's how it felt throughout GT5P WRS. I think there is some before an uphill 3rd gear right hander, I think it's Kallenhard, though I'm terrible with Ring names. On the outside of a left hander.

Great qualifier guys! I love the fact that it's on the ring, what a beautiful track :)

Looking forward to GT5 WRS :)

Man this is a fun challenge. This car just begs to be driven harder! I just started and have already shaved some good time off my old times for the challenge

The same for me.

Good to be back.

Nice to see that all the familiar faces are waking up and getting ready for playing WRS in the new game. Looking forward to seeing everybody again online in the game, on the interwebs and in the charts 👍

Going to give this a try later on Today, div 3 gold last time so time for some improvement.

No The qualifier is at the same time as my exams .Will try to do the best I can in the shortest time but anyway Can't wait ,Picked the Best Track To test out our Skills with the new Physics 👍

Unfortunately the current limitations of the game forced the mods to work around those limitations with a more complicated qualifier. There is currently no way of verifying equal equipment by running an arcade or practice mode time trial; I thought the use of a special event was quite ingenious actually 👍

I'm glad to see you're going to put the effort in to run the qualifier, the more the merrier for the WRS. The seasonal events have made it really easy to level up quickly, I don't think the mods would have used this combo if we had to grind to level 14 like we used to.

See you on the track :gtpflag:

Hi there.

Just wanted to say thumbs up for your reply 👍

Very well explained, in a positive thone :)

And yes who knows maybe someday we will meet on the track.

If the concrete is beyond the normal tarmac and any rumble strips then consider it not part of the track, that's how it felt throughout GT5P WRS. I think there is some before an uphill 3rd gear right hander, I think it's Kallenhard, though I'm terrible with Ring names. On the outside of a left hander.

I think you're right. This is the only part of the track I was unsure about. I rechecked the thread and as it says 'All hard surfaces are track', you can run right up onto this big patch of concrete. Although there is not that much time to be had by doing so,if any, as it turns back into grass pretty quickly.

Whenever I competed in the WRS I took the 'all hard surfaces' rule to mean you can run past rumble strips onto the concrete beyond.At London the 2 right angled turns towards the end of the lap and the kink onto the straight are examples. I ran right over these and never got DQ'd.

I think you're right. This is the only part of the track I was unsure about. I rechecked the thread and as it says 'All hard surfaces are track', you can run right up onto this big patch of concrete. Although there is not that much time to be had by doing so,if any, as it turns back into grass pretty quickly.

Whenever I competed in the WRS I took the 'all hard surfaces' rule to mean you can run past rumble strips onto the concrete beyond.At London the 2 right angled turns towards the end of the lap and the kink onto the straight are examples. I ran right over these and never got DQ'd.

You're correct, you can run all the way onto that concrete, and as long as 2 wheels remain on, you're fine.

This is mainly to make it so someone doesn't ruin a good run by making a mistake and getting just off the red and whites. It also eliminates confusion and the need for precise explanations on what is and is not track.

There doesn't appear to be any area where a significant advantage can be gained by exploiting this rule.

Given the name "WRS"...

Will there be an actual racing series or will it be time-trial only? It would be shame to not finally make use of what GT5 offers now :)

The submission thing has me scratching my head, can I submit my reg. qualifying time now or do I have to wait until the 14th? My kid is driving me crazy wanting to submit his time "HELP"......lol

The submission thing has me scratching my head, can I submit my reg. qualifying time now or do I have to wait until the 14th? My kid is driving me crazy wanting to submit his time "HELP"......lol

You have to wait until the 14th 👍

Spent some time on the qualy this weekend. What I want to know is where can I buy this car?! It's a dream to drive :bowdown:

I'm almost afraid to say this, but I think no one having a ghost will play to my favor as I always race by 'feeling' how I'm doing and I always know (to the tenth usually) how far ahead or behind I am. That is unless everyone else has this super power too? :scared: :lol:

Great fun and I'll come back to it after I do some A-Spec 24 hour races 👍

Jerome

So I guess I should look at the reg. qualifyer as a competition that everyone will get Gold in both of the sectors at a min? Little Lefty also wants to know, is anyone catching total 4 wheel air in the first sector between Fuchsrohre and Adenauer Forst in the blind left hand turn? I think I should post a pic of it because it looks so cool.

Last edited:

Vaxen has said he is starting to take submissions now, but I can't stress enough that you can only submit once. Let him know once he submits it, he can't go back and improve it later. GL!

EDIT: And yes, I've caught some crazy air coming out of foxhole, too bad I wouldn't have survived any of the landings :lol:

Jerome

Last edited:
I'm not too concerned with where I place in the rankings anyways. If I somehow get faster, I'll likely rank up accordingly.

Well-organized and sanctioned tourneys with league members is what it's all about for me. I'll simply get as many points as I can cleanly drive out with.

Clearly, some thought went into the decision to use these particular, event-specific sectors for qualifying.

👍

Its good to be back! Ill be putting off doing the qualifier til next week because if I start now, Ill be tempted to keep rerunning endlessly, then wonder if I amd doing well, or terrible. Itll save me the stress in the end :D Good luck everyone!

Unfortunately the current limitations of the game forced the mods to work around those limitations with a more complicated qualifier. There is currently no way of verifying equal equipment by running an arcade or practice mode time trial; I thought the use of a special event was quite ingenious actually 👍

I'm glad to see you're going to put the effort in to run the qualifier, the more the merrier for the WRS. The seasonal events have made it really easy to level up quickly, I don't think the mods would have used this combo if we had to grind to level 14 like we used to.

See you on the track :gtpflag:

While I have no issues with using an alternate GTP_Tag account and leveling it up far enough to do the qualifier, (It really IS easy with the seasonal events,) I do not personally agree with using a special event for the qualifier.

Why, you ask?

It is going to place a lot of drivers who are meticulous at tuning a car to their personal driving preferences lower than they should be. I personally don't care about division placement, as it's all for fun, but I'm afraid those in charge are going to find themselves moving a lot of people around once true hotlapping becomes the test of speed.

Am I really going to spend as much time and effort running the same event over and over and over, having to watch a trophy I've won 30 times pop up on my screen for 10 seconds, without being able to make any changes to my car, not being able to get into ANY sort of groove because I keep having to restart the event? The honest answer is "no."

As for the claim of "there is no way to verify equal equipment"... I don't quite see what you're saying. How is verification on a qualifier different than verification on a standard weekly race? Is it somehow easier or less wrong to cheat during a qualifying event? This point doesn't seem logical to me unless all the events are going to be completely static like the qualifier, in which case, count me out.

None of this is to say I don't want to participate, or that I think the qualifier should be changed. (As it's too late to be changed now, and I'm sure many people have put a lot of time into it already.) Just wanted to share my opinion and voice a concern.

Hopefully my point of view makes sense to some, but I'd be happy to entertain arguments to the contrary from those to which it does not.

While I have no issues with using an alternate GTP_Tag account and leveling it up far enough to do the qualifier, (It really IS easy with the seasonal events,) I do not personally agree with using a special event for the qualifier.

Why, you ask?

It is going to place a lot of drivers who are meticulous at tuning a car to their personal driving preferences lower than they should be. I personally don't care about division placement, as it's all for fun, but I'm afraid those in charge are going to find themselves moving a lot of people around once true hotlapping becomes the test of speed.

Am I really going to spend as much time and effort running the same event over and over and over, having to watch a trophy I've won 30 times pop up on my screen for 10 seconds, without being able to make any changes to my car, not being able to get into ANY sort of groove because I keep having to restart the event? The honest answer is "no."

As for the claim of "there is no way to verify equal equipment"... I don't quite see what you're saying. How is verification on a qualifier different than verification on a standard weekly race? Is it somehow easier or less wrong to cheat during a qualifying event? This point doesn't seem logical to me unless all the events are going to be completely static like the qualifier, in which case, count me out.

None of this is to say I don't want to participate, or that I think the qualifier should be changed. (As it's too late to be changed now, and I'm sure many people have put a lot of time into it already.) Just wanted to share my opinion and voice a concern.

Hopefully my point of view makes sense to some, but I'd be happy to entertain arguments to the contrary from those to which it does not.

Good point but the majority of WRS (historically at least) is done in stock cars with no tuning involved, the emphasis being on the best drivers, not the best tuners (there are other competitions for that around. As for not watching the same event over and over again, I think WRS may not be completely up your street. Believe me when I say there is a LOT of restarting and repeating to gain valuable hundredths

I was under the impression that the WRS were primarily time trials. (Hotlapping) Is this not correct? If it's going to be event-based, then definitely count me out.

And no tuning involved? Seriously? So if the car for a WR is the Amuse S2000, I'm not allowed to change any of the suspension settings? If this is true, again, count me out.

Just looking for clarification now.

I was under the impression that the WRS were primarily time trials. (Hotlapping) Is this not correct? If it's going to be event-based, then definitely count me out.

And no tuning involved? Seriously? So if the car for a WR is the Amuse S2000, I'm not allowed to change any of the suspension settings? If this is true, again, count me out.

Just looking for clarification now.

Yes, this is true, it is hotlapping, usually in a stock car with no tuning allowed. To play devils advocate to your point, why would I as a faster driver want to be beaten by someone slower just because they found a better setup?

The idea of WRS is to improve people as a driver by creating a level playing field for drivers to compete in and thus improve through learning. You cant do this if everyone has different setups.

In short, there are some weeks where you can tune your car but they are few and far between. Like I said, if you're interested in who can do the best setup, there are other threads containing these type of competitions

-May I ad that the WRS GT3 ,GT4 and GT5P had plenty of tuning hotlaps and multilappers.

Check the archive for the variety we used back at the days.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

GT5 has lots of potential and the admins have a lot of research ahead.

Suggestions in the suggestion box are always welcomed.:)

Well said Andy 👍

Wanted to post something very simullar,but now i don't have to anymore... :sly:

:)

spy.

Yes, this is true, it is hotlapping, usually in a stock car with no tuning allowed. To play devils advocate to your point, why would I as a faster driver want to be beaten by someone slower just because they found a better setup?

The idea of WRS is to improve people as a driver by creating a level playing field for drivers to compete in and thus improve through learning. You cant do this if everyone has different setups.

In short, there are some weeks where you can tune your car but they are few and far between. Like I said, if you're interested in who can do the best setup, there are other threads containing these type of competitions

If I don't want to be beaten by you, as a faster driver, I better learn to drive better. If you don't want to be beaten by me, as a more experienced tuner, you better learn to tune better. ;)

This is why REAL race drivers and REAL time attack drivers have engineers, pit crews, mechanics, etc. Setting up a car for the driver according to his style is a major part of racing, period. Anyone who doesn't agree is misinformed.

With that being said, I'm not implying that ALL the events should allow suspension/transmission/drivetrain/aero tuning, but they most certainly shouldn't all DISALLOW it, and I would think the majority of the time, it would be an integral part of the competition.

Here's how I read your post:

While I have no issues with using an alternate GTP_Tag account and leveling it up far enough to do the qualifier, (It really IS easy with the seasonal events,)

Excellent opening! Agreeing with the rules is always a plus and reading through the thread to determine how to advance your new account shows promise. 👍

I do not personally agree with using a special event for the qualifier.

Disagreement is what makes this country great as long as you have a good reason.

Why, you ask?

Not really necessary to let us know that you are about to tell us why but who am I to judge something so trivial.

If you look back at the GT5:P Registry, tons of people moved around after that - it won't be your job to do it so why bother stating how much work its going to be?

I read this as you don't want to really participate.

Again, your last statement shown in bold above leads me to believe you don't want to participate. And I see you have said it a few more times since your first post.

You might want to re-read your post - that statement is contrary to everything you said above it. "The honest answer is no" and "count me out" means you want to participate? And just about all of this is clearly questioning the choice for the qualifier.

Again, a good statement and I'm sure others have responded as such.

My recommendation is for you to put as much time into the qualifier as you want, run the WRS IF you feel like it, and wait for some of the forum sponsored race events that usually involve head-to-head racing of tuned cars because that seems to be what matters most to you.

Good luck and I hope you actually do choose to participate.

Cheers!

Back