GTP_Registry Qualifier Photo Contest (Finalists Announced)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 166 comments

GTP_Registry Qualifier Photo Contest Finalists

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WRP001

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001
wrs-banner-qualifier-png.89053

:: Photo Contest ::

Welcome to the GT6 Registry Qualifier picture contest! We aren't allowed to share our splits or times from the qualifier, but we can share still photos from our laps.

Use this thread to share your best still photos from your qualifying laps. Vote on your favorite pics from other participants using the like feature. Pictures receiving the most likes will advance to the finals. Members will then vote between the finalists to pick an overall winner which will appear in the OP of the Official GTP_Registry thread. Many of the finalists will appear in follow up posts on the registry thread as well as other supporting threads in the WRS forum.

Pictures:
  • Photos must originate from one of the two combos used in the GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT6.
  • Pictures must be at least 960 pixels wide and at most 1920 x 1080 (recommended size).
  • Pictures can be modified in Photoshop or can be directly exported from GT6.
Submission:
  • To submit, add a post to this thread and attach a single picture per post.
  • Anyone running the qualifier can participate in this contest.
  • Each participant can enter only a single picture per combo into the contest (i.e. 2 pics max).
  • Double posting rules waived for submissions, add two posts to the thread to submit two pics.
  • You can add text to your post or include just the photo. Voting should be based solely on the picture.
  • Submissions will be allowed until January 6th @ 23:59 GMT. Pictures can be posted after the deadline, but cannot advance to the finals.
  • By submitting a picture to this contest you are giving permission for the admins to use your pic(s) in any of our threads.
Liking/Voting:
  • During the preliminary round simply "Like" the post containing the picture you feel should advance to the finals.
  • There is no limit to the number of pictures you can like.
  • The 10 pictures with the most likes will advance to the finals.
  • The finals will run from January 7th to January 13th @ 23:59 GMT.
  • Voting method for the finals TBD.
  • The winner will be announced on January 14th.

Feel free to post comments and discuss the submitted pictures in this thread. Questions or discussion about the qualifier itself should remain in the GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT6).

Good luck and enjoy!

:: Submission Deadline ::

img.php

:: Photo Contest Finalists ::
(click thumbnails to view full size images)​

Finalist 01 by Manuelos (36 likes)
Finalist 02 by poolhaas (24 likes)
Finalist 03 by mike_gt3 (24 likes)
Finalist 04 by millross (22 likes)
Finalist 05 by Speedy6543 (21 likes)
Finalist 06 by Hyper-Dan (20 likes)
Finalist 07 by rambo793 (20 likes)
Finalist 08 by Speedy6543 (19 likes)
Finalist 09 by Gravitron (19 likes)
Finalist 10 by patrick19602005 (19 likes)
Finalist 11 by rambo793 (19 likes)
Finalist 1.5 by Argon (28 likes)

Rules for Finals:
  • The finalists consist of the 10 pictures that receive the most likes during the submission period. In this case, there were several pics tied with 19 likes so there are 11 finalists.
  • Please view each image in it's full size by using the link (or click on the image) before voting.
  • Use the thread poll to place your vote for best picture.
  • Do not campaign or attempt to sway votes.
  • In the event of a tie, the number of likes in the preliminary round will be the deciding factor.
  • The poll and thus the voting for the overall winner will close on January 14th @ 00:24 GMT.

:: Voting Deadline ::

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedy, I'll repeat my comment from earlier... that picture of the BMW is :drool:.

I'll put a question for the mods along with these

*Deleted*

I think it's okay personally but don't want to get a DQ on my first new submission. Say the word and I'll try again.

Last edited:
I'll put a question for the mods along with these.
Too close?
*pic*

I think it's okay personally but don't want to get a DQ on my first new submission. Say the word and I'll try again.
If that's the closest point and if your rear wheel is about the same you still have about a tyre width to spare.

Back