• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 32 comments

Vagabond

Biomechanics
Staff Emeritus
England
Teesdale
GTP_Vagabond
We have (finally) decided that for the purposes of the GT6 registry, we will not be requiring members to have a GTP_ tagged account to qualify.

There are a few reasons for this, not least of which is the ability to earn credits in GT6. Even with the 1.02 update, credits are not going to be easy to accrue to afford some of the more exotic sports and race cars. We do realise that this was an issue in the early days of GT5 but we do not now have the ability to share and trade cars as we did before. So, in order that we don't further restrict our intake, we are dropping the tag requirement.

It wasn't an easy decision to be honest and it wasn't unanimous. Many of you will already have GTP accounts and for some (myself included) the GTP account is their main account. This is a good thing and we actively encourage anyone who either has, or wishes to have, a GTP tagged account, to run with it. We are proud of our WRS series and of the Planet, so seeing GTP registry members racing online or setting times on the online TTs is a good advertisement for us... 👍 Providing you're doing it cleanly of course :sly: That said, it isn't an elitist thing and now we have dropped the requirement, no-one will be frowned upon for not having one; the rules and expectations will be the same for everyone, regardless of chosen username.

So, with the qualifier announcement only 3 days away, the WRS admin team wish you all the very best of luck. :cheers:

Racing on! :gtpflag:

Interesting...with the 1.02 patch and the high payout announcement in the seasonals I was certain the admin team and stewards would go the other way and demand the GTP tag. Either way, I'm excited for a new qualifier and will support the series regardless. I only have one account (GTP_CarlosF) which I'll be running through to the release of GT7!

Thanks Chris and the rest of the team 👍

We're still very fond of the tag, Jon but after (very) much discussion about it, we decided (somewhat reluctantly in some cases) it would be beneficial to the series as a whole to attract more people. We have always been aware that some opinions out there have been a little critical of our choice to require the tag and while we're not bowing to that criticism per se, we do acknowledge that we will benefit if people can just get up and running in the registry as quickly as possible.

Many of us will still be flying the flag of course. I have to admit I've always been proud of mine. 👍

Thanks for the announcement Chris, and I'm sure that there were some passionate discussions in your secret hideout!
Personally I won't be using my GTP account, solely because it is not my main account. If GT5 had have released anywhere near on time, around when I got my PS3, then the GTP_ would have probably been my primary username.

In any case, I look forward to the qualifier and some TTs 👍. I was far too slack in participation in the 2nd half of GT5's life :guilty:. There is a nice variety of new tracks to play with, albeit no special events tailor made for a qualifier.

If we enter through one user, can we switch to a GTP tag later on. To keep it uniform?

Thank you admins. I appreciate the decision to not require the tag which hopefully will allow more folks to participate from the start. However, as a personal choice I will continue to fly my GTP_ tag as I am proud of the site, community and people it associates me with. I understand others may not be able to use a secondary account because of time or in-game concerns so I hope that nobody feels pressured to use it because myself and others will.

I have not yet started up my GTP account with GT6 but I don't feel like I will have a problem. Credits seems to be the main concern at the start of GT6. Now that the login bonus is back I feel it will alleviate some of that. Last night I collected well over 2M credits just doing the new Red Bull challenges (the junior car is AWESOME!). That in combination with a full login bonus and the expected special events coming shortly puts me in a good position I feel. And of course I would be happy to help out the community with sharing or sending cars once that functionality is added, hopefully soon.

Again, I don't want to make anyone feel like they need to use theirs because I am using mine, but if you are on the fence about it, this is my perspective. Take from it what you will. :cheers:

I'll continue to use my GTP tag since I started using that as my main account and have nearly 100% completion and plenty of cars on it.

But I fully understand your decision and just hope for the best.

Maybe as Youngun said I also hope that for in the long term more people can create a GTP tag and use it for TTs and Online events even though it's not a requirement.

The GTP tag and starting a new account (starting GT5 all over again) is the reason I didn't join in before.
I had been looking into iRacing but with GT6 out and being able to start from scratch, I will be racing as GTP_See23
It's a good decision to drop the requirement for the sake of others that may have the same dilemma when deciding to join in or not.
Looking forward to some good clean racing!

Thx for the info Chris :cheers:
, i didnt had time to start a new game on my GTP account, im reliefed i dont have to start one, even though i would have liked running the GTP tag, they should allow ''tag'' in a futur update of the game.

Looking forward the qualifier and see you all there! 👍

Now the "GTP_" will show that were "O.G." and those who don't show their colors will have to defend their actions in an online dispute w/ the unwashed masses rather than striking fear in the harts of the compo as we show up in their lobbies and splash around looking for new victims. :lol:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Out of curiosity if someone wanted to run another username on their PS3 so they could have a GTP tag, how much of the game would they more than likely need to do to open up the necassary parts to take part in GTP events. Credits seem to be a little easier to come by so cracking on with a few events to purchase the car is not a big problem.

Cheers Bee9

Out of curiosity if someone wanted to run another username on their PS3 so they could have a GTP tag, how much of the game would they more than likely need to do to open up the necassary parts to take part in GTP events. Credits seem to be a little easier to come by so cracking on with a few events to purchase the car is not a big problem.

Cheers Bee9
It really just depends on which cars we use and when, to a great extent. Beyond that, if you wanted to participate in our online events, you would need an International B license.

Awesome! Great Job on the announcement Vag! I cant wait to get back and do some time trials 👍

EDK
It really just depends on which cars we use and when, to a great extent. Beyond that, if you wanted to participate in our online events, you would need an International B license.

I thought it was National B license for online now? They reduced it from National A after update 1.02.

I'm gonna be using my 'doodlemonoply' account. I'm already pretty far into the game with this account.

I thought it was National B license for online now? They reduced it from National A after update 1.02.

National B license is just needed for the seasonal events. You still need your National A license to go into online lobbies.

If anyone is interested in progressing from scratch with the changes...

I started up my GTP account on GT6 last night. I completed the Novice races fully, enough National B to get into the seasonals (4? races plus the 5 trials) and 4 seasonal events (M4, Hudson and 2 15th Anniversary) and I've collected I think roughly 1.5M credits at 110% bonus without spending anything. It took under two hours of actually sitting in front of the wheel. Less if you don't like watching replays and fiddling with things. :D

Unlocking and completing the Red Bull events, which I think is the next license tier, would probably add another hour and a half to two hours and triple-ish the credit total. I should think that will be a pretty good start in what will be a two day run for me or a long weekend session for some.

Last edited:
Thats the thing, with the higher 200% i wi eventually switch but at the mo.......no

I'll start up with my GTP account tomorrow. Hopefully I can get through the initial bit and get some money, as fast as @DigitalBaka. :D:tup:

If anyone is interested in progressing from scratch with the changes...

I started up my GTP account on GT6 last night. I completed the Novice races fully, enough National B to get into the seasonals (4? races plus the 5 trials) and 4 seasonal events (M4, Hudson and 2 15th Anniversary) and I've collected I think roughly 1.5M credits at 110% bonus without spending anything. It took under two hours of actually sitting in front of the wheel. Less if you don't like watching replays and fiddling with things. :D

Unlocking and completing the Red Bull events, which I think is the next license tier, would probably add another hour and a half to two hours and triple-ish the credit total. I should think that will be a pretty good start in what will be a two day run for me or a long weekend session for some.

Yea simialr here, plus it's allowing me to do a basic walkthrough on progressing through the races using what you have, or links to what tune etc, also where/when to make attempts at trophies etc etc etc, so hopefully when finished any newcomer to the GT series could if they wanted quite easily follow it.

Thats the thing, with the higher 200% i wi eventually switch but at the mo.......no
The full bonus will make it much easier, of course. I plan to run the RBXJr until my ears bleed once I have the 200%. I enjoy the car and the money is decent sooooo..... :)

I'll be having a go over Christmas I think, ain't been on all week as had a long week,
Will be using my original account that I started when ps3 came out as it's just easier I think and completed 40% so have a few cars and cash on there

GTP_Crozzlow will be rocking the GT6 WRS. Really looking forward to the qualifier and a very hearty thanks to the WRS mods and orgs who will be (and have been) working so hard to put it all together.

GTP wasn't my main account for GT 5, but I've started GT6 with it so I'll be using that one. We will never know how much you guys talked about this, will we? :lol:

Back