• Track: City > Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Mitsubishi
  • Model: Lancer Evo X GSR P.P. '07

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 276 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1540 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (N3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ
  • All surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
The AWD Evo has plenty of grip on these tires and the Reverse direction of SSR5 has a nice flow to it. This is a good one, have fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

SpecialStageRoute5_4.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 50 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, January 30th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

SpecialStageRoute5_2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Sounds like fun. I think I've reached my full potential with the TZ2, so I'll be trying this one out today. :)

On a side note, wasn't/isn't there some sort of bug with this car? I've never really driven one on tarmac, but I thought I read something a while ago about it wandering all over the road...

Sounds like fun. I think I've reached my full potential with the TZ2, so I'll be trying this one out today. :)

On a side note, wasn't/isn't there some sort of bug with this car? I've never really driven one on tarmac, but I thought I read something a while ago about it wandering all over the road...

The car does move from side to side on the straights, but it's not literally all over the road. It did it on Prologue also, may very well be an actual trait related to the AWD system.

It does have an odd side to side sway at speed, which I guess is related to its Active Yaw Control.

It does have an odd side to side sway at speed, which I guess is related to its Active Yaw Control.
This. Some deadzone in Fanatec wheels should probably help with that, not sure if it would be a detriment to steering feel in corners though.

Took a break but started missing this place :dopey:

Looks like a nice combo to get back into WRS, I like the Special Stage reverse.

This. Some deadzone in Fanatec wheels should probably help with that, not sure if it would be a detriment to steering feel in corners though.

Does anyone know why the dead zone is so huge in the DFGT wheel in GT5 when it doesn't realy exist when I'm using it on i-Racing? I just know that my times here would be better if it was less.

:lol: Who is your response aimed at? I'm scratching my head :dunce:

Oops sorry, I was just expressing my joy at this choice of combo, now I see your post :dunce: If it's any consolation for the future, I don't know a thing about wheels :lol:

Didn't notice any sway at any speed using DS3.
Easy solid first run to open my account :)

I get slight sway in ALL cars with my CSR, have the deadzone and linearity set on 10 (lowest setting but enough to dampen it)

I like SSR5 but am usually bad with AWD, so will be interesting :)

Great one Kevin! this is what you can call Underground Street Racing ;)
Also do you consider I should drop division since I can't drive with a wheel yet? I'll do my best this week but if the maths says so, feel free to adjust my division :).

Great one Kevin! this is what you can call Underground Street Racing ;)
Also do you consider I should drop division since I can't drive with a wheel yet? I'll do my best this week but if the maths says so, feel free to adjust my division :).
We'll need at least a couple weeks of wheel running to make that decision.

But honestly, you should be faster than your old self within 4 weeks or so anyhow.

Congratulations on your wheel purchase. You'll never look back. 👍

Interesting combo. Had to turn up the screen brightness in-game and on my TV set so I could see most of the corners. Here are the splits from my first clean lap (took about 5 laps to start learning the track).

T1: 30.994
T2: 30.401

EDK
We'll need at least a couple weeks of wheel running to make that decision.

But honestly, you should be faster than your old self within 4 weeks or so anyhow.

Congratulations on your wheel purchase. You'll never look back. 👍

Thanks!
Sure I can't look back! If only I could influence you about the use of clutch ;)
It feels funny to use the stick without clutch (I drive manual in real life) and those paddles feel even funnier but I'm getting used to them!

Ps. No need to reply but I know when the "math" say so you will make a "clutch users" category! I'm astonised on how well you put statistical tools in use which I have only heard of theoretical.

That's me done until next weekend. It was a fun couple of hours. 👍

I'll enjoy wacthing my times drop each day. It should gear me up for a fun weekend of hotlapping (wife permitting of course) ;)

Interesting combo. Had to turn up the screen brightness in-game and on my TV set so I could see most of the corners. Here are the splits from my first clean lap (took about 5 laps to start learning the track).

Yeah, they took it too far with the night action on GT5. Used to actually be able to see where you were going at this track on GT4, now you have to resort to those measures. :mad:

I've actually raced at night, with no track lights. And I can tell you, it's nothing like this.

EDK
Yeah, they took it too far with the night action on GT5. Used to actually be able to see where you were going at this track on GT4, now you have to resort to those measures. :mad:

I've actually raced at night, with no track lights. And I can tell you, it's nothing like this.

If the headlights lit the environment properly it wouldn't be an issue in GT5.

I decide to take a break from WRS to recharge my mojo and Kevin wheels out an Evo (...with a footnote to the effect that the Mitsubishi Evolution had been my most favouritest car since the IV came out..) Not sure how much time I'll have to put in to this one but my first hour was great fun. Not run this track much (for the reasons above re - visibility) but it does have a nice flow with the Evo on these tyres. 👍

I'll enjoy watching my times drop each day. It should gear me up for a fun weekend of hotlapping (wife permitting of course) ;)

Yeah I keep waiting for that hammer to fall... :P Mercifully still dangling just over my head with a post-it note on saying "Paint the stairs". Nice opening splits for the evening though Jerry, you just take it easy for the rest of the week :sly:

Anyway, my first hour of paint scraping:

Last edited:
A few more laps improved times and I'm remembering why I do not drive this car much. I am getting oversteer into corners and understeer through and out of corners where I prefer oversteer, oversteer and a bit more oversteer :)

Early doors

Sweet, particularly sector 2 👍

Day off with a stomach bug but thankfully it doesn't affect my driving, just need more frequent stops :sly:

Lost a couple of tenths in sector 3 compared to my best. Not sure what the my limit is there yet but its easy to lose heaps of time through that last sector.

Edit:

Still losing time in sector 3, almost at my limit in the first 2.

Last edited:
Just a quick afternoon sesh, I knew there was some more time available, there still is in sector one I feel.

What I've found its so imperative to get the front wheels straight as quickly as possible in this car and particularly on this circuit, so the theory slow in fast out certainly comes to the front with this combo

Last edited:
Latest splits,

Last edited:
A few more runs, am I the only driver with a loose front down the first strait? My car weaves L/R with about a 1/8th G each way.

Back