GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
Yep, it's been a while. I do think I'm at my limits here, can't imagine getting 30.0xx in t1 ever.

Latest splits:
T1: 30.108
T2: 28.234

I've yet to see a 29.xxx in T1., but a few 30.0xx. I would need some luck to get one.

Racing On!

P.S. Very nice splits, Blair!! Doing D3 proud! 👍

edit: Awesome job, Matt!!! :cheers: You seem to be adjusting to the wheel rather well. Too well!!! :sly:

Last edited:
I thought you said it was my turn! You went out of order! :lol:

Nice splits, yourself, and I agree with the Blair props, too. 👍

I thought you said it was my turn! You went out of order! :lol:

Nice splits, yourself, and I agree with the Blair props, too. 👍

I takes it when I can get it!! :lol:

Had to edit in the shout to Matt! Thought I did it first, and then didn't see it. :dunce: Must be that short term memory loss!

Wow I despise t1. Finally saw a sub 30 but still am having trouble with it.

Well, I thought I would have some splits to report, but I need to think and inspect, and of course, run some more. The .5 that I thought I'd left on the track has now turned into a good 1.2sec, proved by my questionable lap with many close calls, this being just one of those:

SpecialStageRoute5_800x600.jpg

Hmm, that looked more incriminating on the PS3/TV...

Splits weren't all that special (30.290, 28.0xx), but T3 was my best ever, AND had a sweet drift in that first slow part of the S before the tunnel. :dopey:

Also, grabbed a pic of the HP/torque curve for a newly bought Evo in GT Life mode:

Mitsu_Lancer_HP_curve.jpg

Planning an early before-work session tomorrow morning, but then I'm 110% into the WRS vs ORCA Alfa@Fuji challenge on Sat. 👍

Very nice splits, Blair!! Doing D3 proud! 👍

Thanks Chuk, and Lucas for the support.:)

Now if i can only get that magic one in a hundred T1.:crazy:

Not sure I can take much more of bouncing off the barriers, It feels as if I'm playing a pin ball game.:lol:

I did some tests, and confirm 6750rpm as the best choice, with a very little margin. Engine torque is enough to pull the car with early or later rpms.

Keep messing up that 2nd sector, kinda goes "ah nice first sector", WALL

I was suffering similar fate specially at the double left hander prior to the hairpin, throwing the back end with excitement sometimes hitting the wall and ruining a good T1-T2 Combination.

T1 is driving me crazy. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Had a couple. 0xx but mostly it just stinks. If I can figure it out I'll be in pretty good shape.

Same here :drool:, i went mad trying to get T1 time lower i even used the orginal pit intrance once or twice thinking that it will make it easier to tackle the late apex into turn one, that's why progressive braking helps alot there i think.:rolleyes:

Reluctant to say this since ill cost me board position, but stay tight to the inside and stay in 4th for turn 1. You have to brake early, not light the tyres up and not run wide. Turn 2 is obvious and that's it for 30.0 or just under.

This is interresting:tup:. I'll try that first thing tonight.

That's pretty much how I'm doing it, braking point seems critical I think and same for turn 2, get the braking point wrong and the whole lap is already over!

I bounce over turn2 inside kurb (my drive style) the car pushes a lot doing that . Also you have the fact that following the 2nd corner chican you have a considerable straight down and up the tunnel to the double left handers you have to straighten out your exit for better speed on there.

Finding this quite tricky, i use the d-pad to steer but im not very good at controlling how the front end bites and then pushes out when getting the power down - might have to play around with the sensitivity.

Having the same problem:scared:, trying to make the turns as tight as possible, T3's technical section is a nightmare for us DS3 users sometimes.

Great pictures Poolhaas im fighting with you in D3, interresting cornering approch from you!

Did some Good T1's but can't put a whole lap together, I did something at the last turn (Tunnel) that i cant duplicate, somehow managed to get the tail out a little on full throttle and had an awsome momentum close to the inside rail all the way till exit.:banghead:
I swear i kept on cursing that ghost as if im not the one who did it.:lol:

Great pictures Poolhaas im fighting with you in D3, interresting cornering approch from you!
It wasn't really an approach, I just came in too fast and turned the wheel a bit harder. And to my surprise, I didn't hit anything :lol:

Still, my fastest :cool:

Help, just pulled a perfect lap (for me anyhow) and the replay has saved with the correct time in the title but it shows a different lap in the replay.

What happened? my best current saved splits are 30.5 and a 28.8 and i roasted them. T1 was sub 30.

WAAAAAAAAAAhHHHHHH i wan't my mummy

Help, just pulled a perfect lap (for me anyhow) and the replay has saved with the correct time in the title but it shows a different lap in the replay.

What happened? my best current saved splits are 30.5 and a 28.8 and i roasted them. T1 was sub 30.

WAAAAAAAAAAhHHHHHH i wan't my mummy
I don't think it shows a different lap... The replay shows a different time, and that is your previous best time from that session. The time in the replay title is the correct one.

Well, i've done it once i'll do the ker again with bells on. I'm off work with of all things a badly infected bug bite (Left leg thankfully) so i've got the time.

veightpower: switch to the live timing window while watching the replay, and as it passes each sector point, the time for that sector will show up in white. You should see your 29.xxx T1 show up there. But Wes is right, the overall lap time won't show up anywhere in the replay itself, only in the replay title.

Man, I should do before-work sessions more often...got within a tenth of my previous questionable lap:

Average T3, but still almost 1sec better than my previous splits' lap.

In the tunnel, I'm trying to stay in the hatched area on the left for longer than I used to, and am now hitting the S/F line at 114mph (182-183kph).

Your turn, Chuk! :D

Last edited:
Was a tenth up until the final sector than matched my time exactly to the thousandth of a second lol. Next few laps and was 3 tenths up at the line, new splits:

T1 30.288
T2 28.375

Got abs at 8, and bb 3/7

Exit speed from that tunnel is quite a dice throwing job. I know how to do but don't know why it's faster.... S/F line at 184-185 kmh when done correctly, 220 my top speed.

Still have no idea why I'm losing so much in T2 :grumpy:
But the 1st-position-moderator hunt is open, so beware :sly:

About before-work session, I did it one this morning... but was very very slow compared to posted splits...... A bad awakening....

In T2, the first double-left, I brake-tap, drop to 4th, and floor it over the rumbles, hoping I don't go wide into the bushes (before the hairpin).

Then on the S sections, just a quick lift-and-early-turn-in for the left(exit) of the first S, and again for the left(entry) of the second S. The right while exiting that second S I keep it flat out and go up to 5th. Smoothness and early-power-on in those S's can gain a few tenths.

The hairpin is all about luck for me...try to get left a little, brake hard, down to 2nd, and slow power-on.

I was using Matt's ABS 8 BB 7/9. 👍

T1: 29.807
t2: 27.909
Exactly the same T3.

veightpower: switch to the live timing window while watching the replay, and as it passes each sector point, the time for that sector will show up in white. You should see your 29.xxx T1 show up there. But Wes is right, the overall lap time won't show up anywhere in the replay itself, only in the replay title.

I don't know whats gone on, in the live timing window the splits are what i listed earlier. But the best lap time shown on the far right is not the time i did. The best lap time shown at the top of the live timing screen isn't my time either. I got everything right on that lap.:indiff:

The total run time of the video is right and if i pause it at the split points on the map i get a 29:8 and a 28:7 or so.

My times are going up now i've been at it for 4-5 hours. I may have another try tommorow but as it is there isn't any point till i know what i did wrong.:ouch:

It sounds like you've done nothing wrong, and that is the right replay. The "best lap" shown while the replay is playing is your previous best lap from that particular session, and can be ignored.

I don't know whats gone on, in the live timing window the splits are what i listed earlier. But the best lap time shown on the far right is not the time i did. The best lap time shown at the top of the live timing screen isn't my time either. I got everything right on that lap.:indiff:

The total run time of the video is right and if i pause it at the split points on the map i get a 29:8 and a 28:7 or so.

My times are going up now i've been at it for 4-5 hours. I may have another try tommorow but as it is there isn't any point till i know what i did wrong.:ouch:
And you are in D3?:crazy:

EDIT: Read that wrong sorry.. :P
Still a very nice T1.👍

Thanks Jerry, I guess...:scared:
T1: 29.751
T2: 27.828

T1: 29.787
T2: 27.892
Expected to see a better T2...

Last edited:
I think i see whats happening, at the end of the day i have the time and i have the replay to prove it so i'm worrying about nowt i think.

Can't see me beating it . I'll try though.

Back